Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BleacherReport: Denver Broncos: Why a Tim Tebow Offense Is Completely Sustainable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BleacherReport: Denver Broncos: Why a Tim Tebow Offense Is Completely Sustainable

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ly-sustainable

You are going to get fleezed for posting Breacher reports, and especially one that is so absurdly unbalanced.

We by no means have a "resurgent offence", but an offense that has done amazing things at crunch time, but has been lousy along the way. I hate when people write off Tebow, and when the Tebow fandom looses any screed of reality.

Tebow is a promising young QB. He has produced, but not really impressed that much. Win the division this year as well and he might silence the critics, but for now the ones saying luck played a big role has good arguments

Comment

Broncos' O and Option

In 2011, the Broncos showed quite a few different rushing styles from a number of different formations:
      • ~ Power run plays from I formations;
        ~ Speed (Double) Option from I formations;
        ~ Triple Option from I formations;
        ~ Single Wing style runs from Empty formations;
        ~ Double Option from unbalanced line direct snap formations;
        ~ Double and Triple Option from spead formations;
        ~ Power run plays from under center unbalanced line formations;
        ~ Power run plays from Power Pistol;
        ~ Double/Triple Option from Power Pistol;
        ~ Power run plays from Single Back formations;
        ~ Power run plays from Double Wing.

What direction the Broncos go in 2012 will be very interesting. They sure showed a lot. We'll just have to wait and see what is kept and how they build on it.

Having some Option plays in the playbook does not constitute running an Option Offense. I doubt if the Broncos will make the commitment to run Option 30+ ppg which is what it would take to be called an Option O.

Running Double (zone read) Option from direct snap/shotgun formations is still good because it presents a viable run threat for which the D must account.

It is reasonable to assume the Broncos will remain run heavy and varied in their rushing attack. A potent rushing attack facilitates PAP/Boot. I think Tebow will eventually gain more yards scrambling and from Boot than he will from designed run plays.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Fleeeeeezzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeddddddddddd

Not sure what it means but ill be the first to fleeze you for posting bleacher report articles
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BeardedWonder View Post

Not sure what it means but ill be the first to fleeze you for posting bleacher report articles

Don't Fleeze the poor guy! At least it's a pro broncos article!

btw, I would also be interested in learning what exactly fleeeeeeezing is

Comment

Originally posted by BeardedWonder View Post

That made me choke on my salmon.. lol

Comment

I love me some Tebow but even I have to start " FLEEZING " LOL !!

Comment

I think that the point was; every offense in the NFL has been figured out! However figuring it out and reacting properly are two different things. There will always be one or more games where the defense is perfect, which is why it is very hard to go undefeated, just ask the Packers. Offenses have success because defenses are not perfect every game and visa versa.
                sigpic

Comment

Friends don't let friends start threads based on Bleacher Report "articles."
                  Sent from my Human Cent-iPad

Comment

come over here and get your fleezing.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X