No announcement yet.

What Denver should do at QB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are Kolb, Cassel, or Flynn why would you want to come here?

Flynn has suitors all over the league for his play in 1 game. At least Cassel had a full season.

Cassel was replaced by the guy we ran out of town.

Kolb isn't very good. He wasn't all that great in Philly and he is awful in Arizona. Isn't that essentially the same team Kurt Warner had 1 play away from winning the Superbowl and then close to getting there again the year before Kolb arrived?

We might as well keep Quinn or draft a late rounder in the hopes of stumbling on another Tom Brady. Just make sure he's someone who can throw the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBreeder View Post

Flynn has suitors all over the league for his play in 1 game. At least Cassel had a full season.

Kolb isn't very good. He wasn't all that great in Philly and he is awful in Arizona. Isn't that essentially the same team Kurt Warner had 1 play away from winning the Superbowl and then close to getting there again the year before Kolb arrived?

We might as well keep Quinn or draft a late rounder in the hopes of stumbling on another Tom Brady. Just make sure he's someone who can throw the ball.
      I dont want those guys, any of them......they were just some recent examples of teams overpaying for a guy because they didnt have any other options on the roster. I was simply stating trading for a guy like Mallett MIGHT keep us out of the postion to make such a stupid move on a FA QB.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBreeder View Post

he played a couple of games last season when Rodgers went down
        Orton was the QB was because Cassell was injured and out for the season
        lol no. No Anquan Boldin. Steve Breaston. Guys like Antrel Rolle and Rodgers Cromartie on defense. And come on. It's KURT WARNER. A future HOF.

Quinn probably wants a chance to start somewhere. Like the Jets. I agree with taking a late rounder

Comment

I like Hoyer over Mallett; I doubt the Pats will let any of them go cheap. Tom Brady is getting a little long in the tooth and somebody has to replace him eventually. However, both haven't really played very much. Like I said, we might as well keep Quinn and Weber.

Flynn's 1 stellar game against the Lions is the game he is receiving all the attention for. The Packers have a great all around team and like Cassel (Patriots) there's no telling how he would perform on a average team. I admit he has all the essentials for a great NFL quarterback. Besides that, he won a National Championship in college and I only bother to point that out because it seems like something a few people on this board think is important for a NFL quarterback to have accomplished.

He'll never want to play where they run on 50+ plays a game. Plus, we are not going to pay him the money he would want just to hold a clipboard. He's already doing that in Green Bay.

Nobody wants Quinn as their starter. Maybe a backup somewhere, but like Flynn, he's doing that already.

Cassel was on his way to the bench anyways and Orton would have been put in regardless.

Draft a QB in the later rounds who can throw and see if we can do anything with him.
          Last edited by BroncoBreeder; 02-19-2012, 12:47 PM.

Comment

We will most likely draft one in the mid rounds and bring in a back up in through FA. Tebowmania will not keep a good QB from wanting to come to Denver, If Orton started out 4-1 instead of 1-4 he would have played on and the fans would have never clamored for Tebow to start. Bottom line is fans just want to win games, they don't care who is the one doing it.

I would not be opposed to keeping Quinn, I just don't think they could benefit from one style of offense. I believe our offense will have to be more of a hybrid with traditional, spread and option all in one for Tebow to succeed. However I don't think that it will fit Quinn. The Broncos can not run 2 different style of offenses, they have to settle on just one. Therefor any QB brought in would have to be a versatile QB that has experience with all three. Which is where FA comes in, many come out of college with playing time in the spread/ option, but you have to look to the NFL for ones that came out of college with that and learned the traditional after being drafted.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X