Broncos Currently Have $49 Mil Of Cap Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Currently Have $49 Mil Of Cap Room

According to Adam Schefter, the Broncos have the 4th most amount of cap room to work with in the NFL, at this moment that is.

Teams with most cap room today: Tampa Bay ($67 million under cap); KC ($62 mil): Cincy ($60 mil); Denver ($49 mil); Washington ($49 mil)
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Sorry if this has been discussed before (I'm sure it has), but why did I hear EFX say they spent about 99% of their budget when we have $49M cap space?

Are we planning on spending this summer or is Bowlen being, how do I say, cheap??
    sigpic

Comment

I think room and budget are gonna be totally different numbers.
      Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

elecshoc
      You will be for ever known as the truth see-er

Comment

Originally posted by RazR View Post
        Sorry if this has been discussed before (I'm sure it has), but why did I hear EFX say they spent about 99% of their budget when we have $49M cap space?

Are we planning on spending this summer or is Bowlen being, how do I say, cheap??
        There is $49 Mil of cap room. That is now at this moment, before resigning any players such as Bunkley, Prater, etc. Once players start to resign, the amount of cap room will start getting less and less. Once everyone is resigned (of those that do resign), the left over amount will be how much can be spent on bringing in new players that are free agents.
        Denver Broncos
        New York Yankees
        New York Knicks
        Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

True

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
          There is $49 Mil of cap room. That is now at this moment, before resigning any players such as Bunkley, Prater, etc. Once players start to resign, the amount of cap room will start getting less and less. Once everyone is resigned (of those that do resign), the left over amount will be how much can be spent on bringing in new players that are free agents.
          After re-signing their own FAs, the Broncos may have enough $$ left for one or two FAs from other teams. They may offer some of their own guys less than what they can get from another team, in which case that player may choose to resign and go elsewhere. At that point, the Broncos would resign themselves to losing that player.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

All I gotta say is they better make a splash! I want Mario!! Not to often a player like him ces along without having to through draft picks to a team . Our D was ranked around 20 it's not as good as some think on here. With fox ball the offense compliments the D, so we should make our D top 10 by signing key D players and then finding another RB either early draft our sign a mid level guy. Add a vet WR and a vet Te like a Shockey and we are set!!

Comment

FWIW: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...%3A+Broncos%29
              Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

elecshoc
              You will be for ever known as the truth see-er

Comment

Originally posted by jetdrumz View Post
                I think room and budget are gonna be totally different numbers.
                yup. Im thinking the same. Like last year we were at the cash budget while having 25 mill it something like that available

Comment

We're still feeling the effects of Nate Jones??? Oy...
                  Denver Broncos
                  New York Yankees
                  New York Knicks
                  Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
                    We're still feeling the effects of Nate Jones??? Oy...
                    Man....I almost had the stench of his play erased from my mind and now you've gone and reminded me of it....
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                      yup. Im thinking the same. Like last year we were at the cash budget while having 25 mill it something like that available
                      I'd give them the benefit of the doubt since there wasn't much time, but yeah, hopefully they get some key guys in FA this year.

Certainly got the $$ to get some important players.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                        I'd give them the benefit of the doubt since there wasn't much time, but yeah, hopefully they get some key guys in FA this year.

Certainly got the $$ to get some important players.
                        I think the thing to look at last year, we were a rebuilding team with lots of question marks. Last season answered a lot of those and suddenly we're a potentially competitive team. I think we may be a little more free with our money this season because of that.
                        sigpic

Comment

Nate Jones=Bleacher Report so burn it with fire I'm kidding of course that would be cruel Jones was getting burnt every Sunday anyways. Anyways I see us resigning and keeping our own first and foremost, then I think we will look to address the trenches both offensively and Defnsively. One guy I think we could make a big splash with is Carl Nicks from NO. He is one of if not the best interior linemen in the game; plus we are an offensive linemens dream because we run the ball so much.
                          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

I doubt the Broncos will spend a lot of money on free agency. They probably want to keep a comfortable salary cap space and focus on their own players. It's a long-term view. Draft, develop, retain. Ryan Clady will need a new contract. And the same will happen to other players in the future. Demaryius Thomas, Von Miller. A shopping spree might put the team close to the limit or over the cap in a few years, hurting the chances of retaining their own players.

For a team that wants to build through the draft, the Broncos must draft better and also do a better job of keeping the players. And a comfortable cap space will prevent the team from losing key players to free agency. The plan is to have the drafted players as the core of the roster. Free agency: "value signings". "Aggressive and smart" means salary cap under control for future operations (new contracts for successful players added through the draft). A player like Brodrick Bunkley should receive a treatment similar to the drafted players since the Broncos spent a draft pick to get him.
                            sigpic

Comment

If there are cash flow problems I would not expect to see a lot of big name acquisitions. They will be looking for deals like players with huge upside and cheap.

I need a new car and my credit qualifies me for a Landrover but I can only pay for a 4 year old chevy truck.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X