No announcement yet.

Broncos Currently Have $49 Mil Of Cap Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this including the cap space that can be brought from last year? Also, While I would love Mario Williams I would rather get someone like Carr and Jason Jones or two really good players instead of one elite player.

If an owner doesn't have the money to spend then they shouldn't be an owner.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kazmo View Post
      Is this including the cap space that can be brought from last year? Also, While I would love Mario Williams I would rather get someone like Carr and Jason Jones or two really good players instead of one elite player.

If an owner doesn't have the money to spend then they shouldn't be an owner.
      So by your logic if every MLB team isn't the New York Yankee's they shouldn't bother fielding a team? If this were the case lower market teams such as the Rockies wouldn't exist. You've got to work with what's available and put together the most competitive team you can with what you've got.
      Last edited by Freyaka; 02-20-2012, 01:41 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

I don't expect the Broncos to go all crazy and sign Mario Williams, Carr and Landry...that would be stupid because it would put us in a terrible place in a couple years cap wise.

However that doesn't mean the Broncos can't make a splash with 1 of the BIG FA's acquisitions this offseason, whoever that might be.

I would LOVE the Broncos to sign either Williams or Carr. Both are young, top players at their position, and would most likely play out their who contract. No more 30+ signings!!!
        sigpic

Comment

KC having that much cap space is slightly intimidating

When healthy that team has such huge potential
          sigpic
          Thank you Charger$

Comment

Jason Jones...thats all i care about..

Comment

With young players of our own coming off contract in the next 2 years it would be silly to say sign someone like Mario Williams IMO. He will get a monster contract and it could impact re-signing guys like Miller and Clady who are good players who will get nice contracts. Von Miller in 3 years will probably get a contract that is massive and I would prefer to not have the back end of a Mario Williams contract risking his re-signing.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                With young players of our own coming off contract in the next 2 years it would be silly to say sign someone like Mario Williams IMO. He will get a monster contract and it could impact re-signing guys like Miller and Clady who are good players who will get nice contracts. Von Miller in 3 years will probably get a contract that is massive and I would prefer to not have the back end of a Mario Williams contract risking his re-signing.
                If after signing the guys already on the team you want to keep, and it looks like you might have a shot to sign a few other upgrades, you still have a good amount of caproom available, I'd love to see them make a run at Williams.

You CANT have too many pass rushers. And just frontload that contract while you have the capspace this year.

Williams Von Doom. Sounds NASTY doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                  If after signing the guys already on the team you want to keep, and it looks like you might have a shot to sign a few other upgrades, you still have a good amount of caproom available, I'd love to see them make a run at Williams.

You CANT have too many pass rushers. And just frontload that contract while you have the capspace this year.

Williams Von Doom. Sounds NASTY doesn't it?
                  He is a great player but I have never thought of him as a good as someone like Julius Peppers. I agree you can add some players. But I beleive we need experience and free agents in the secondary and draft and develop front 7 talent. Both the 49ers and Texans both done two main things which were huge in there improvment and dominance. That was they both signed very good players at safety and cornerback. San Fran signed Whitner and Rodgers. Houston signed Manning and Joseph. They were top free agents at there positions. We could do that this year and look for immediate impact players in the draft in the early rounds. Or we could even sign a more realistic option in Jason Jones. Was one of the best pass rushing interior defensive lineman in 2010.

Comment

Working...
                  X