broncos to add 2 new QB's to compete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by demosthenes9 View Post
    Dalton had success THIS season, which was 1 whole season. Do you need to see a list of 1 hit wonders ?? I'm not saying that Dalton will be one, but it's waaaay too early to even think about saying that he's a good NFL QB overall.

As for the rest of your post, hope, hope, maybe, possibly, hope.

You are willing to risk a 2nd round pick on a QB that might not even play a down if Tebow does well, or, might come in and be serviceable at best, but hey, maybe, just maybe he can elevate his value and you can trade him ?

Again, not likely to happen as the evidence demonstrates. Funny that you place so little importance on 2nd round picks. Let's see, last I checked, offense and defense each have 11 positions. There are 32 teams in the league. That's 352 possible starting slots to fill, not counting kickers and punters.

There's a much higher likelyhood of a good quality player from another position being available in the 2nd round, why do you insist on wasting that pick on a QB who wouldn't be projected to be a starter or even have an impact ?
    I actually put huge importance on second round picks. That is where the value is at.

And on the things about it is unlikely due to the past. I find that as complete BS. Does the past effect X quarterback from the 2012 draft and his skills and situation he ends up in. If the second round prospect fails it will be cause of his own lack of talent and inability to adjust to the NFL. Not because past second rounders have failed.

You know my stance on my Tebow but I do not want to get into that. I think a second round quarterback if it fell the right way would be a good choice. And at this point Dalton looks like a success so I would say right no he deserves to be bloded on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
      I actually put huge importance on second round picks. That is where the value is at.

And on the things about it is unlikely due to the past. I find that as complete BS. Does the past effect X quarterback from the 2012 draft and his skills and situation he ends up in. If the second round prospect fails it will be cause of his own lack of talent and inability to adjust to the NFL. Not because past second rounders have failed.

You know my stance on my Tebow but I do not want to get into that. I think a second round quarterback if it fell the right way would be a good choice. And at this point Dalton looks like a success so I would say right no he deserves to be bloded on that list.

/headshake

Comment

Originally posted by demosthenes9 View Post
        /headshake
        :brick::brick::brick:
        RESTORE THE ORANGE CRUSH!!!!
        :smash

LONG LIVE THE ORANGE AND BLUE!!!

Comment

Tim Tebow will have competition next year

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbsspor...75988/34917652

Comment

It's obvious that we will bring in 2 more qb, but does Elway have to make a quote once a week thy we are brining in 2 more qbs??? With Denver using the least of thei cap I'll be upset if they tie a bunch of money in a backup qb. Until Tebow consistly falls flat on his face qb is not a major concern. He did enough to be the qb next year unless we are 0-6. Please use the limited $$$ on defense. Add a major player in Mario Eilliams and then what ever else is left. Denver needs o be a defense monster and then Tebow can continue to grow while we still win! The D was ranked in the 20s so we have a was to go on that side of The ball.

Comment

I look at SF and that should be our model.... They even have a better RB and TE then we do and I think Tebow is better then Smith. We need to add a TE and get the best RB we can either through draft our a RB that doesn't break the bank. Mcgahee Moreno or 2nd and 3rd string rb

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinjax
                I really dont care who we bring in or how many but I do hope we will take into account the things he can do on the field that he cant do in practice due to the no contact.

However if he is replaced and the new guy doesnt win the super bowl his first year then what? Do we replace him and give him a year to sink or swim? Are we ever going to give a guy the chance to grow or does the win now or else rule only apply to Tebow?
                If FoxWay sign or draft "THEIR GUY" then he will get a chance to sink or swim because he's "THEIR GUY" Tebow is not "Their Guy" he was inherited, so Tebow probably won't get the same treatment. The thing is, this way of doing things doesn't just apply to Tebow, it has happened to countless amount of players.

Now, the problem is, if FoxWay's guy outplays Tebow for the starting spot, then Tebow HAS to be traded. The TebowLovers will not allow FoxWay's QB to sink or swim with Tebow on the bench. It'll already be ugly without Tebow on the sideline, if Tebow is on the sideline, there will be a MASSIVE RIOT in Denver if that QB is allowed to work through his growing pains.
                sigpic

Comment

Mind blowing, earth shattering, never-saw-this-coming news story you got there.

Comment

Originally posted by jlhawkins9 View Post
                    I look at SF and that should be our model.... They even have a better RB and TE then we do and I think Tebow is better then Smith. We need to add a TE and get the best RB we can either through draft our a RB that doesn't break the bank. Mcgahee Moreno or 2nd and 3rd string rb
                    Tebow is not even half the quarterback Smith is.

Comment

Trust me this is one TebowLover that will celebrate the day he is traded. I truly hope the stars align and somehow some way Luck falls to Elway so Tebow can move on.
                      two things: Denver would have to mortgage 2-3 years worth of drafts to get to Luck and that wont happen. And the only team interested in Tebow at this point is J-Ville and they supposedly wont give up enough to get him. Its the owner that wants tim not the coach. The owner cares about making money and Tim will do that for him but the head coach would be tasked with doing what Fox and McCoy had to do and thats rearrange their entire offense for it to fit Tim's specific skill set. I don't see a lot of coaches willing to do that.
                      Family, country, rugby, football

I posted in the epic Peyton's NeckBones thread and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt!

Comment

Trust me this is one TebowLover that will celebrate the day he is traded. I truly hope the stars align and somehow some way Luck falls to Elway so Tebow can move on.
                        I will sign for this right now.
                        Sent from my Human Cent-iPad

Comment

Ditto. I would love to get back to when I never saw the Broncos on ESPN due to their complete irrelevancy and Tim will continue to be revered/hated/loved/ridiculed/hyped up wherever he goes so that'll never change and I'm used to that. Just please get out of Denver b/c I am sick of the whole damn thing. Some of these fans act like Denver has a Steelers or Jets-like dynasty that Tim is ruining. Just acting a complete and utter fool.

Comment

Peyton Manning ,Matt Flynn along with Weber,it would be a lot of competition if all 3 of those guys were competing with Tebow.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeandBlue88 View Post
                              Ditto. I would love to get back to when I never saw the Broncos on ESPN due to their complete irrelevancy and Tim will continue to be revered/hated/loved/ridiculed/hyped up wherever he goes so that'll never change and I'm used to that. Just please get out of Denver b/c I am sick of the whole damn thing. Some of these fans act like Denver has a Steelers or Jets-like dynasty that Tim is ruining. Just acting a complete and utter fool.
                              I can't believe you just put the jets over us as a dynasty. get out.
                              Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Just trade him and get it over with.

Then they can bring in "their guy" and after another miserable season maybe people will finally realize how full of holes our roster is after years of mismanagement.

Other young QB's get literally years to lose, while Tebow actually makes plays in the 4th QTR and we win. Of course he has to work on things, and he will.

What is so hard about saying "Tim is our guy right now. He earned the job, and we look forward to him playing well." and leave it at that!

THAT IS WHAT YOU SAY. Then if he plays terrible, then the decision is easy and most will understand it. The organizations who have consistent success talk like this. They fully support their QB and players until the minute they make a change. Why is it so much to ask just to have the organization support Tebow as much as they did Orton? Is that really an unreasonable request? I don't think so.

Sadly, I don't see this ending well for us as Bronco Fans. I hope I'm wrong and we go 16-0 so no one can complain.

Comment

Working...
                                X