Mike Silver defends his article, Quinn was critical of Tebow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Silver defends his article, Quinn was critical of Tebow

Per Mike and Mike he was just on the show.

To summarize, Mike Silver says Brady was mature when he did his interview with him but the quotes are accurate.

They are questioning whether Brady ever had a chance because of the fans, religion, etc.

Thread Contents Page

Quinn is bitter .................................................. ........1-4

Quinn is not bitter.................................................. ....5-9

Everything Quinn said is true .......................................10-14

Everything Quinn said is stupid.....................................15-19

Quinn ruined his shot at being back here next year ..........20-24

Mike Silva is an idiotic hater ........................................25-29

Mike Silva is awesome ................................................30-34

Hey atleast Mike Silva has a named source this time
    Last edited by johnlimburg; 02-22-2012, 05:17 AM.

Comment

I don't agree that Fox decided to start Tebow because of a billboard, or the fans chanting Tebow's name, and I think that was pretty disrespectful of Fox's decision.

I think the "luck" comments Brady made were probably a little more narrowly focused, on a particular game or two, and not the whole season.

I think the prayer comments and not being "humble" were probably ill-advised. I'm sure Tebow doesn't care, and I don't care -- but I think it's probably bad-PR for Quinn to go there.

The quotes are the quotes -- the problem with Silver's portrayal is the way he arranged them all through the season as if Quinn was making them at the time, on the timeline.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
        I don't agree that Fox decided to start Tebow because of a billboard, or the fans chanting Tebow's name, and I think that was pretty disrespectful of Fox's decision.

I think the "luck" comments Brady made were probably a little more narrowly focused, on a particular game or two, and not the whole season.

I think the prayer comments and not being "humble" were probably ill-advised. I'm sure Tebow doesn't care, and I don't care -- but I think it's probably bad-PR for Quinn to go there.

The quotes are the quotes -- the problem with Silver's portrayal is the way he arranged them all through the season as if Quinn was making them at the time, on the timeline.
        Like I said. Brady Quinn's first mistake was not knowing who he was talking to. Silver's a guy who wants to say negative things about Tebow to get clicks. Period. Silver's loving the pub he's getting because of it. It's making a name for him.

But what it meant for BQ is if you take a middle of the road approach when it comes to Tebow, Silver will decide for you which side you're on.

Comment

For all of you who forgot: This is Michael Silver. He's the same unethical dirtbag that published a leak probably from Brandon Lloyd calling Tebow a worse QB than Adam Weber in the "team chef" controversy.

This guy should be banished from sports journalism, he's nothing but a dirt bag. Don't swallow anything he says. Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
            Hey atleast Mike Silva has a named source this time
            Hey, the team chef IS a source!

Comment

Mike Silver is absolutely relishing the attention this story is getting. You can bet on it. These media guys are trolls in every sense of the word. BQ should have known better. He gave a 50 minute interview and I'm sure he said a lot of positive things about Tebow and the Broncos, but Silver cherry picked the negative comments to create a compelling story.

Comment

Quinn ruined his shot at being back here next year

I don't know why Fox went with Tebow instead of Quinn. Maybe they already knew they were not committing to him long term and wanted to see what they had in Tebow.

Whatever, Quinn likely isn't coming back, he can keep a bench warm somewhere else. We're not losing an improtant piece to a championship puzzle.

I'd probably be more worried about team chemistry if someone like Miller or Dumervil mentioned something like this, but the old back up QB?

Meh.

Comment

Silver has been a journalist for much longer than Tebow has been a QB. Silver is also quite highly regarded among his peers, likely more highly regarded than Tebow is among his peers.

Wasn't this board in love with Silver when he got a quote from Urlacher questioning the shift in Chicago's offensive identity after they traded for Cutler? Not many were dissing him as Cutler-hater then.

Point is Silver would be a successful writer regardless of whether Tebow existed or not.
                  Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by 153fishes View Post
                    Mike Silver is absolutely relishing the attention this story is getting. You can bet on it. These media guys are trolls in every sense of the word. BQ should have known better. He gave a 50 minute interview and I'm sure he said a lot of positive things about Tebow and the Broncos, but Silver cherry picked the negative comments to create a compelling story.
                    To be fair Silver has said all along that Quinn wasn't bitter and was generally complimentary of Tebow throughout the interview.
                    Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by AC1 View Post
                      Silver has been a journalist for much longer than Tebow has been a QB.
                      This applies to almost all journalists.

Ergo, everything you read is true and fair.

(According to that line of reasoning).

Sorry, but we hold reporters of all stripes to more accountability than that.

Comment

How ironic too that Silver's Twitter avi pic is him with Tebow. Riding coattails a bit?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
                          This applies to almost all journalists.

Ergo, everything you read is true and fair.

(According to that line of reasoning).

Sorry, but we hold reporters of all stripes to more accountability than that.
                          My post was much longer than one line and was pointing to Silver's credibility from before Tebow's emergence.

This board didn't have a problem with Silver when he printed Urlacher's comments about the Bears and specifically Jay Cutler. If he's not a troll then, how is he one now?

Silver himself has gone on record saying that Quinn said a lot more than just those quotes in the 50 minute interview.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristyL17 View Post
                            How ironic too that Silver's Twitter avi pic is him with Tebow. Riding coattails a bit?
                            That picture was taken when Silver met Tebow at the superbowl this year. When he made it his profile pic, it got a pretty strong reaction from his twitter followers, mostly negative and naturally polarizing because it's Tebow. These media guys thrive on controversy and any story that elicits a strong reaction from readers. Anything to get clicks and hits. And sadly, they know anything with "Tebow" in the title will get that desired reaction.

Comment

Originally posted by AC1 View Post
                              My post was much longer than one line and was pointing to Silver's credibility from before Tebow's emergence.

This board didn't have a problem with Silver when he printed Urlacher's comments about the Bears and specifically Jay Cutler. If he's not a troll then, how is he one now?
                              This is also flawed reasoning. A man can be right in one instance, and wrong in another. He can be a troll and say something right. He can be a good journalist and say something bad, do a bad hitpiece to get readers and clicks.

It's sort of a dead end. You think highly of Silver. Fine. Defend the piece. Spare us the comparisons to how long he's been reporting. We'll spare you the "Oh yeah, Woody Paige has been reporting longer than that."

Because it ends, ultimately, with that Helen Thomas at the White House being the top dog, and someone will have to post a picture of her. And no one wants that.

Comment

Working...
                              X