Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by AC1 View Post
      To be fair Silver has said all along that Quinn wasn't bitter and was generally complimentary of Tebow throughout the interview.
      silver isn't the bad guy here, and it doesn't sound like quinn is either

it doesn't sound like anyone is, really
      sigpic

Comment

i mean silver can come off as a dbag at times, but i've read his articles, and at least he owns up to when he's been wrong

seems to enjoy that lol
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post

See, it's come to this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
            This is also flawed reasoning. A man can be right in one instance, and wrong in another. He can be a troll and say something right. He can be a good journalist and say something bad, do a bad hitpiece to get readers and clicks.

It's sort of a dead end. You think highly of Silver. Fine. Defend the piece. Spare us the comparisons to how long he's been reporting. We'll spare you the "Oh yeah, Woody Paige has been reporting longer than that."

Because it ends, ultimately, with that Helen Thomas at the White House being the top dog, and someone will have to post a picture of her. And no one wants that.
            Fair enough. The point was about the skewed lens that you all view anyone commenting about Tebow with. If he's less than complimentary towards Tebow even the most credible guy is a "hater".

Silver can be a good journalist and not think highly of Tebow. Quinn could be a good guy and not think highly of Tebow. It doesn't make them right necessarily, but it also doesn't make them bad people.
            Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Fair enough. The point was about the skewed lens that you all view anyone commenting about Tebow with. If he's less than complimentary towards Tebow even the most credible guy is a "hater".
              In the case of Silver, that piece he wrote in the preseason was a hitpiece, plain and simple. If it were worthwhile, I could take you through it, line by line, and show how it wove together sourced quotes, with unsourced ones, next to observations that were his own (not sourced) to make it seem like Tim was held in very low esteem by the organization, and was the 4th best quarterback.

John Fox disavowed it. Made the "chef" joke.

Fast forward 5 weeks, and Tebow is named the starter. The Broncos become one of a statiscially freakish number of teams to start 1-4 and then win their division. Tebow made Silver look like a fool for "weaving" that article together.

It was not a fine piece of journalism, and Silver has admitted that he questions his wording of it in retrospect.

So it tends to elicit comments that perhaps, precisely because Silver is the real deal as a reporter is not normally a hack, that he has a problem with "confirmation bias" when it comes to Tebow. That he tends to seek out quotes that confirm what he wants to write, and to weave them in an order to paint a picture he wants to paint.

"The year of Magical Stinking: An Oral History of Tebow Time" seems to fit a pattern of reporting the story he wants to write about Tebow, instead of the one that happened.

Comment

Point is Silver would be a successful writer regardless of whether Tebow existed or not.
                I don't think writers that lie and twist words are successful at anything but lying and twisting. The guy should have been fired already.

Comment

Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post

There are words for this I cannot use here, please for the Love of God! don't EVER do this again. Call Tebow a pop warner bust, tell me Elway is a Nazi, refer to Tom Jackson as "Janet" if you have to , but THIS is too much...

Comment

Originally posted by jarbronco View Post
                    There are words for this I cannot use here, please for the Love of God! don't EVER do this again. Call Tebow a pop warner bust, tell me Elway is a Nazi, refer to Tom Jackson as "Janet" if you have to , but THIS is too much...
                    This made me LMAO!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X