No announcement yet.

Fox updates on Knowshon and Quinn. Also Goodman my be a cap casuality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goody should be restructured, not replaced. He is still a solid cover corner, if he drops down to a 2M salary, that is a bargain, on a 1 year deal.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

i think moreno is a waste of a roster spot. he has proven he cant stay healthy and a 30 year old back showed him how to run this year.

Not to mention he is such a genius he doesnt even have insurance on his bentley. The sauced part i dont even care about compared to not having car insurance. Its logic.

Goodman is a good corner, but old. i would keep him with a restructure.
      Last edited by vLordChronicv; 02-24-2012, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by catsigater View Post
        That makes sense, but I really don't think the Broncos will worry too much about whether the backups are as close as possible to Tebow's skill set.

Instead, they will seek to run a more traditional offense, that any good QB can run. It's Tebow who will have to augment his skill set in order to fit the offense they really want to run.
        You're right to a point, but it's still good for the team if your starter and backup have similar playing styles. The easier you could make the transition for the other players on the field, the better the team's performance would be with the backup. If the o-line is used to blocking for a mobile, athletic QB who gets outside of the pocket a lot, they need to have a different mentality for that than they would if blocking for a pocket-shackled statue who can't run. The closer the styles of the starter and backup, the fewer adjustments the other players need to make.

But it only goes so far. If you are choosing between two backups, and one is closer to your starter's style but the other is simply a better player, you go with the higher-quality player. But if both guys are relatively close in quality, the tiebreaker should be in favor of the guy who has the playing style and skill set most similar to your starter.

Comment

I will look up stats that show Moreno is not nearly as bad as people say. He's actually a good Rb in total yards and was running well before injury. Now is he a bust? Oh yes, but as far being a waste of a roster spot is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by MorenoFan27 View Post
            I will look up stats that show Moreno is not nearly as bad as people say. He's actually a good Rb in total yards and was running well before injury. Now is he a bust? Oh yes, but as far being a waste of a roster spot is ridiculous.
            And even the bust factor is based upon where he was drafted. If he was taken in the 3rd like he should've been and put in a 2-back system where he's primarily the 3rd down guy, he'd be right on par. He has use and if we had him down the stretch, we'd have been even better. Out of the backfield he could be one of the most dangerous, if he stops out running his protection too soon. That's my biggest knock on him. He needs to be a lil' more patient b4 he turns on the speed. Let 1 more block happen and he's almost as dangerous as Sproles.
            #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
              Goody should be restructured, not replaced. He is still a solid cover corner, if he drops down to a 2M salary, that is a bargain, on a 1 year deal.
              Goodman's time is up and personally, I think it's time to part ways. Unfortunately he is more of a reliability at this point of his career than a solid cover guy. Unlike Champ, he seems to lose a step each season.
              sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                And even the bust factor is based upon where he was drafted. If he was taken in the 3rd like he should've been and put in a 2-back system where he's primarily the 3rd down guy, he'd be right on par. He has use and if we had him down the stretch, we'd have been even better. Out of the backfield he could be one of the most dangerous, if he stops out running his protection too soon. That's my biggest knock on him. He needs to be a lil' more patient b4 he turns on the speed. Let 1 more block happen and he's almost as dangerous as Sproles.
                how can you say "drafted in the 3rd like he should have been"

thats just ignorance, based on college play and every analyst he was a first rounder

just because we have hindsight on our side doesnt mean he was 3rd round talent . . . he just hasnt panned out like a first rounder should have
                sigpic
                -------

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                  Moreno was universally considered the top RB player in that draft; he was going to be a first-rounder for sure. You're correct that his production in the NFL has been more akin to a third-rounder, but nobody knew that at the time and a lot of analysts thought the Broncos got really good value on Moreno because he "slid" as far as he did. No way he would have been a 3rd-rounder.

Comment

Goodman's 2 clutch INT's a year isn't worth $4 mill....
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X