Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox indicates "Will run regular offense"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...gular-offense/

Broncos coach John Fox was lauded for changing his offense during the 2011 to take advantage of Tim Tebow’s strengths.

With an offseason to prepare Tebow as a starter, it sure sounds like Fox wants to make Tebow look more like the rest of quarterbacks in the NFL.

“[Tebow] is going to be a great quarterback in this league. How long it takes (and) when? I can’t tell you. But he’s going to be that guy in a regular NFL offense,” Fox said.

The Broncos certainly didn’t run a “regular” offense last year. Fox indicated that he wouldn’t necessarily go looking for a Tebow-style backup, but would be open to any style of quarterback on the roster behind Tebow. Essentially, they want Tebow to fit more into the mold of a traditional quarterback.

“I’m not saying we’re going to totally abandon some of those things that present problems for the defense. But it’s going to be important [he grows as a quarterback]. He’s going to get the opportunity to improve and show he can make those strides.”
    Last edited by JvDub95; 02-23-2012, 02:55 PM.

That's good, though not really surprising. I think everyone more or less expected that.

Comment

It speaks to me about what type of back up QB is going to be brought in too. The thought was the team would bring in another scrambling type QB to back up Tebow so they could run the same offense. I love the ability that Tebow has to scramble but he has to win from the pocket, plain and simple. Hopefully they can sign a good backup to put pressure on Tim to do better, as if he needs any kind of motivation to do better but having someone there pushing him can't hurt.

Comment

What was key that is missing from the read, is how excited he was in talking about Timmy. This article is basically taken from his interview on Sirius NFL radio's " Opening Drive". He was so charged, like he's emotionally invested in Tebow and it was good to hear the conviction in his voice as u know he believes it.
        #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
          What was key that is missing from the read, is how excited he was in talking about Timmy. This article is basically taken from his interview on Sirius NFL radio's " Opening Drive". He was so charged, like he's emotionally invested in Tebow and it was good to hear the conviction in his voice as u know he believes it.
          thats good to see that he believes in the teebz.

Comment

The headline is a bit misleading. I'm sure we'll still have a huge bag of Tebow specific tricks. It's not like Fox is going to lay out our offensive game plan to the media.

I was very encouraged though about his comments towards Tebow. It is good to hear! I hope he really improves this offseason.

Comment

This is so awesome to hear, on all levels. Confidence in Tim, a regular offense, no more play calling blunders, etc etc.

Anyone got a link to the sirius interview?

Comment

Bah I can play Poker too Fox!!!!!!!!!!
                sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Well if you watched the games last season - although the read option as all over the airwaves - it was used less and less toward the end of the season. It was thrown in here and there. There was a much more conventional NFL running game being developed. I think with the off season to work on it what you will see next year will be closer to the last few games than the first three Tebow starts. I don't think with Dawkins healthy, Miller healthy, Decker healthy, Moreno healthy, Kuper healthy and McGahee healthy we lose all those game at the end of the season. We were a M.A.S.H. unit at the end of the season.

Just my two cents.
                  sigpic

Comment

Think about this:

If you were planning on playing a innovative new style offense - what would you want your opponent to gameplan for? Yup, that's right; a regular style offense.

Just saying...
                    sigpic

Comment

Comment

So, instead of:

McGahee run.

Tebow run.

Tebow pass.

It will be:

McGahee run.

McGahee run.

Tebow pass.

Got it. Regular old Foxball coming our way!
                        sigpic

Comment

That all sounds fine, but we better not abandon the QB draw from inside the 10. It was devastatingly effective for us. He was a beast on QB runs for TD's and on 2 point conversions.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
                            So, instead of:

McGahee run.

Tebow run.

Tebow pass.

It will be:

McGahee run.

McGahee run.

Tebow pass.

Got it. Regular old Foxball coming our way!
                            Regular old "Foxball" made the playoffs and got a victory in the playoffs.

Would you rather have.

Tebow pass.

Tebow pass.

Tebow pass.

This is Tim Tebow, not Aaron Rodgers.

Hopefully he can improve as a passer but for now I am glad that they are slowly bringing him along.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JW7 View Post
                              Regular old "Foxball" made the playoffs and got a victory in the playoffs.

Would you rather have.

Tebow pass.

Tebow pass.

Tebow pass.

This is Tim Tebow, not Aaron Rodgers.

Hopefully he can improve as a passer but for now I am glad that they are slowly bringing him along.
                              So you're saying the only options in football are:

Run, Run, Pass or

Pass, Pass, Pass?

Ok.....
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X