Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Broncos Have Plenty To Spend, Will They Spend It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Broncos Have Plenty To Spend, Will They Spend It?

http://www.milehighreport.com/2012/2...-they-spend-it

frugally......
    sigpic

Comment

Yes
      Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

I hate that.

If you aren't willing to spend to the salary cap, you shouldn't be owning a team.

I can see for something like baseball, and there are small market team with cheap owners who want to "lose cheaply" since they can't shell out NY Yankee money for players but in a game where there is a reasonable, set salary cap there should be no excuse to not spend all you can to help your team win.
        Just a diehard Broncos Fan trying to make it living in Charger/Raider country (SoCal)

Comment

They will keep their own, and sign players to front loaded contracts. It might not seem like we are spending a lot, but we will set ourselves up for when the cap hits. At least IMO
          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrend View Post
            I hate that.

If you aren't willing to spend to the salary cap, you shouldn't be owning a team.

I can see for something like baseball, and there are small market team with cheap owners who want to "lose cheaply" since they can't shell out NY Yankee money for players but in a game where there is a reasonable, set salary cap there should be no excuse to not spend all you can to help your team win.
            Says every Tampa Bay Buc fan.
            Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

elecshoc
            You will be for ever known as the truth see-er

Comment

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...broncos-future
              Maybe some solid competition will make Tim work a little harder. I believe Tim can do well. I want Tim to do well, but I wonder how hard he is working at it right now?

Comment

Think it's ridiculous that they're not truly enforcing the minimum cap spending

Hella frustrating that your team has the cap room to get better but not the owners pocket length

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                  Think it's ridiculous that they're not truly enforcing the minimum cap spending

Hella frustrating that your team has the cap room to get better but not the owners pocket length
                  2 things. they will... just not until 2013. Then I understand its a 4 year average of 89% of the cap. So you could be at 90% all the time or say 85% 85% 85% 110% I like the idea because you never know who might become available. Save the room for a big investment.

the other thing..did you just type Hella?
                  Family, country, rugby, football

I posted in the epic Peyton's NeckBones thread and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt!

Comment

Matt Prater, Jason Hunter, Brian Dawkins, & Joe Mays have all informed the Broncos that they would like to return & not explore free agency
                    http://twitter.com/#!/BrandonSpano

Comment

Does it usually take this long to start re-signing our guys? Maybe i'm just too eager but we haven't signed one of our guys yet while other teams are restructuring and releasing guys.
                      sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                        Does it usually take this long to start re-signing our guys? Maybe i'm just too eager but we haven't signed one of our guys yet while other teams are restructuring and releasing guys.
                        Most likely answered your own question. Broncos are seeing who gets cut before committing to anyone. There is no must re-sign guy on our team right now. Prater can be tagged, and Bunkley is very close...but that's it.
                        Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

+1

It's a huge market and not spending to the salary cap is like making even bigger profit, regardless of the stature of the franchise and the stadium sell-outs. I don't think there would be a franchise in the NFL with a negative balance if salary cap is reached. This is probably a matter of making a smaller profit, not going bust, at least this is how I see things.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrend View Post
                            http://www.fieldgulls.com/2009/6/8/9...payroll-matter

http://articles.businessinsider.com/...ase-cap-number

http://www.centives.net/S/2011/does-...nfl-teams-win/

Based on these articles, there is little correlation between the amount of money spent on payroll, and winning. If you own a team, or a business you don't just spend money just because it's there. If a team's management believes that the organization can be more productive and better as a whole by not shelling out large contract and going after big-name free agents, then they shouldn't have to.

This is a team sport. Just because an individual is extremely talented and productive in another scheme does not mean that you should throw the bank at them. There are many factors with coaching, playbooks, gameplans, and schemes that benefit or hurt certain players.

Personally, I've always been against throwing money at big name free agents, because it usually doesn't work out. The thought of having a Mario Williams may sound like a good idea now, but there's no guarantee of what kind of production he would have in this scheme after he's signed for a ridiculous amount of money.

I'm not saying teams should never use all their cap space...I'm just saying that sometimes that isn't the wisest decision. Sure spending money can be very beneficial to a team, but the money must be spent efficiently. With efficient spending, teams can have teams that are just as successful without spending up all their cap space.

Comment

If you own a team, or a business you don't just spend money just because it's there. If a team's management believes that the organization can be more productive and better as a whole by not shelling out large contract and going after big-name free agents, then they shouldn't have to.

This is a team sport. Just because an individual is extremely talented and productive in another scheme does not mean that you should throw the bank at them. There are many factors with coaching, playbooks, gameplans, and schemes that benefit or hurt certain players.
                              All is good except some owners decide not to spend big because they are cheap, not because they are such great managers, believing in the point above.

Comment

Working...
                              X