Tebow to speak at Canyon Ridge Church Sat/Sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No stream, no videos.

Maybe some sort of legalities came into play?

Steve Young !!!

Comment

Live Stream Update

Due to threats/risks of internet piracy of the video of the Tim Tebow event at Canyon Ridge Christian Church, we regret to inform you that the live stream has been discontinued for this weekend's services. Canyon Ridge offers its sincerest apologies for this inconvenience.

I don't understand this. Are they planning on selling it as a DVD or something. Why wouldn't a religous service be free to anyone anywhere. I don't know the thinking here, but it seems a little self-defeating to limit who can view something you are trying to promote.

Comment

I saw the 6:30/Saturday service via the stream and I gotta admit, it was pretty awesome. I've seen almost all his interviews and wasn't expecting very much. He was inspiring and very funny. I think his personality comes out better when he's in a setting where he's comfortable. He also joked around with the Pastor a lot.

He talked about preaching to death roll inmates, Urban Meyer, Bible studies, etc. One of my favorite moments was when he said his teammates tricked him into using a swear word lol.

Comment

Originally posted by jarbronco View Post
          Live Stream Update

Due to threats/risks of internet piracy of the video of the Tim Tebow event at Canyon Ridge Christian Church, we regret to inform you that the live stream has been discontinued for this weekend's services. Canyon Ridge offers its sincerest apologies for this inconvenience.

I don't understand this. Are they planning on selling it as a DVD or something. Why wouldn't a religous service be free to anyone anywhere. I don't know the thinking here, but it seems a little self-defeating to limit who can view something you are trying to promote.
          I think there's probably some desire to keep Tebow's "preaching" from going into the news. I've noticed the effort before to take down videos that are posted when he "preaches" to a church. So it is probably coming from the Tebow camp.

I put "preaches" in quotes to broaden the definition to whenever he's giving an extended Christian message in a church. He drives it home, doesn't mince words. He doesn't give a "feel good" message. It's inspiring, but it is not necessarily comforting.

I don't know -- I just know I've seen this happen again and again.

Comment

Live Stream Update

D'oh! Anyone find a recap or anything yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
              I think there's probably some desire to keep Tebow's "preaching" from going into the news. I've noticed the effort before to take down videos that are posted when he "preaches" to a church. So it is probably coming from the Tebow camp.

I put "preaches" in quotes to broaden the definition to whenever he's giving an extended Christian message in a church. He drives it home, doesn't mince words. He doesn't give a "feel good" message. It's inspiring, but it is not necessarily comforting.

I don't know -- I just know I've seen this happen again and again.
              You are probably right. I am in no way religous and I am certain at my age no one is going to be able to convince me to change what I believe in. I do however find it very interesting to hear Tebow talk about it. His views are not new, but if you can intellectually take religion out of it and just pay attention to the message itself (help people, believe in your abilities, love your family) it is very moving stuff, and maybe something there for us all to learn.

Comment

I went yesterday at 4:00, Tebow's mom was in attendance. Very funny yet inspirational interview. One of the funniest moments was when an unnamed lineman got Tebow to curse lol

"Tim, what's that thing in a river that stops it from flowing called?"
                "You mean a 'damn'"?
                "I got Tim to curse! ahahahaha!!"
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 153fishes View Post
                  Lucky you. Are you going?
                  No, I worked both days and I'm not religious. I'd much rather see Tebow at a game anyways.

Comment

You are probably right. I am in no way religous and I am certain at my age no one is going to be able to convince me to change what I believe in. I do however find it very interesting to hear Tebow talk about it. His views are not new, but if you can intellectually take religion out of it and just pay attention to the message itself (help people, believe in your abilities, love your family) it is very moving stuff, and maybe something there for us all to learn.
                    I think the most universal them he talks about -- by "universal" I mean that it has relevance for anybody -- is his obvious obsession with "making it count," with running the race well. With giving some thought to what you want to be known for. He sees his life as a story, with God as the author. But when you look at it that way, even if you are an atheist, it makes you realize your life is a story, and you want it to be said that you lived it to the full.

Tebow embodies a lot of what would have been called "honor" in other times and in other cultures. He's like a knight or a samurai -- you get the sense that there's a real integrity to what he's doing. I think it's what inspires people.

Comment

I was also pleased to see that he is working out with Steve Young! I think with him being a left-handed QB with similar skill set. He would be able to offer Tim a lot of little things. Tim also offered a verse for all the critics, Matthew 7:24–25! That verse sums everything up perfectly!
                      Last edited by Buckin' Bronco; 03-05-2012, 10:34 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X