Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Willis McGahee not pleased with his pay..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willis McGahee not pleased with his pay..

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20097032

Unhappy with his contract, Broncos running back Willis McGahee recently joined a long list of NFL players who have fired agent Drew Rosenhaus.
    The Broncos recently informed Rosenhaus they would not renegotiate McGahee's contract just one season into his four-year, $9.5 million contract.

1 year into his 4 year contract... sigh kind of ridiculous

While his play last year proved his value. If we were gonna have to pay a rb id rather us throw the money at a younger rb.. If willis can stay healthy hes worth the extra money that he wants but at this point in his career and with his age i doubt thatll happen

Comment

What's the cap hit if he's cut? I like Willis, but this is kinda ridiculous. What is he gonna hold out? Lol!!!!
      #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
        What's the cap hit if he's cut? I like Willis, but this is kinda ridiculous. What is he gonna hold out? Lol!!!!
        not sure been trying to understand the cap better myself ..

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/cap-hit/
        :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
          Well if he plans on doing so, Two words...... Arian Foster.

Much love for Willis. But i believe his pay is sufficient, especially in his situation.
          HE>i

Comment

Don't like hearing that.

Hopefully it doesn't linger with him.

Can't blame him, gotta make as much as you can for as long as you can. He's almost done, just trying to get what he can.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoboy6 View Post
              Well if he plans on doing so, Two words...... Arian Foster.

Much love for Willis. But i believe his pay is sufficient, especially in his situation.
              3 words.

Not Leaving Houston

Comment

Originally posted by Project KSL View Post
                3 words.

Not Leaving Houston

What makes you so sure?.
                HE>i

Comment

I can understand why. He rushed for 1,199yds and made it to the Pro Bowl. He's will make $1mil in 2012, $2.5 in 2013, and $2mil in 2014.

With that said, I don't think he'll match this production again. And now that this bit of info is out, i'm sold that Fox will get another RB in here.

I'm might afraid that McGahee will end up like Thomas Jones, highly productive one year, not so much the next.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm fed up with my paycheck too, if only I didnt sign that deal knowing the terms....
                    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Sigh. He joined a team that ran it more than any team in the NFL by a long-shot. Knowshon went down, and didn't suck up as many carries. Tebow no doubt helped his production by the way teams had to play the Broncos.

And from that he gets "I rushed for a lot of yards, let's renegotiate."

He was a pleasant surprise. But a deal's a deal.

Comment

Almost guaranteed now the Broncos take an RB fairly early, depending on BPA.

Comment

Considering his age and games missed due to injury it doesn't make sense to pay him more. We need to acquire a RB no matter what pans out here.
                          "This guy here is 250 pounds of concrete cyanide, man. And he can throw. He throws well enough at any level to play quarterback."

Jon Gruden on Tim Tebow

Comment

I hope this isn't true because it doesn't make sense.
                            Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

elecshoc
                            You will be for ever known as the truth see-er

Comment

He was barely able to participate during the last part of the season. He's too old to be given a lot of $$$ IMO given he's in line to be a part time contributor.
                              Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

Working...
                              X