Manning visits Arizona Cardinals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manning visits Arizona Cardinals

Peyton Manning visits Arizona Cardinals after meeting with Denver Broncos team president John Elway and coach John Fox: The Manning Sweepstakes is expected to end Tuesday
    By Kevin Armstrong / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Published: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 10:53 PM
    Updated: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 1:59 AM.

Peyton Manning is touring the country after being released by the Indianapolis Colts on Wednesday.

The high-speed pursuit of quarterback Peyton Manning was expected to continue with a flight to Arizona Saturday evening.

Manning, a free agent after being cut by the Indianapolis Colts on Wednesday, planned to visit the Arizona Cardinals in Tempe, according to a Fox Sports report.

The four-time MVP spent Friday afternoon and night in Denver with Broncos team president John Elway and coach John Fox. He departed Denver without signing a contract, but a Broncos source told the Denver Post that management remained “hopeful” that Manning would consider them before making a decision. He is expected to return home to his condo in Miami after Arizona, according to the NFL Network, and choose a landing spot by Tuesday before the full rush of free agency.

The Cardinals, who finished 7-2 after starting the season 1-6, offer warm weather and a surefire receiving threat in Larry Fitzgerald, but former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner believes the Miami Dolphins may be the leaders for Manning’s services.

“I think Miami still has the upper hand,” Warner, who was hosting a charity event at the Cardinals’ facility Saturday afternoon, told The Associated Press. “I don’t necessarily know why I think that. I just think since Day 1 they’ve made it known, ‘We want him to be our guy and we’ll do whatever we have to do to get him.’ I think if you’re a guy in that situation, at that stage of your career, that’s what you want to hear.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz1onWLQlBK
    Last edited by PAINTERDAVE; 03-11-2012, 01:11 AM.
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

That link doesn't take you to this article.

Comment

I like Kurt Warner

And it's good to see him make this claim and admit outright that he really doesn't know but he's just giving his opinion. I can respect this a lot more than some of the previous speculation.
      sigpic
      Thank you Charger$

Comment

Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post
        I like Kurt Warner

And it's good to see him make this claim and admit outright that he really doesn't know but he's just giving his opinion. I can respect this a lot more than some of the previous speculation.
        Totally agree. I wish more would admit they really have no clue why they think Miami is a better fit than anyone else instead of making up a bunch of reasons that could fit several teams.

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
          That link doesn't take you to this article.
          Oops. Fixed it.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz1onWLQlBK

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

The more I sit and think about it the more I start to think we may have been used. Making Arizona sweat it out today, not setting up a meeting with Miami as of yet and spending so much time with us on his first visit. He is setting the stage for both Miami and Arizona to be in total desperation mode when he arrives. He will be in a position to basically get whatever he wants and them some.

I really hope that's not the case but it definitely leaves room for the imagination.
            Last edited by DarkHorse26; 03-11-2012, 01:16 AM.
            sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post
              I like Kurt Warner

I respect Kurt Warner's opinion a lot more than most of the posters on this board.

Dude is there in Arizona....
              and he is stating what he thinks is happening..
              instead of being a homer and rah rah for the Cards.

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Can u imagine 2x brady vs. manning games a year
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DarkHorse26 View Post
                  The more I sit and think about it the more I start to think we may have been used. Making Arizona sweat it out today, not setting up a meeting with Miami as of yet and spending so much time with us on his first visit. He is setting the stage for both Miami and Arizona to be in total desperation mode when he arrives. He will be in a position to basically get whatever he wants and them some.

I really hope that's not the case but it definitely leaves room for the imagination.
                  It is called LEVERAGE.

I said as much before Peyton even arrived...
                  and sparked the whole Tebow hatred party.

Adam Schefters analysis yesterday on the radio said.. I paraphrase..
                  the team that interviews a guy last often has the best shot.

Miami is last.. and PM has a home there.
                  Last edited by PAINTERDAVE; 03-11-2012, 01:21 AM.

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkHorse26 View Post

It's hard to read, but the more I think about it, the more I think Miami is in the coveted "final visit before Tuesday" mode. With them, he can just keep going, do the deal, etc. And the leverage will be a return visit to Denver.

First is good in many ways. But last is also good.

Comment

his reason for thinking he will be in miami is "idk"?

Comment

Honest and Logically

I am an admirer of Manning with the question only of Manning post season record....but he has a ring and 4 MVP.....

Honestly I don't believe Peyton Manning will come to Denver logically compared to Miami and AZ for the following reasons.

1) Outdoor field with possible cold weather in Denver in Dec and January.
                        2) Our problem of recent with the alleged Doping by players.
                        3) Or past run first system that Fox historically uses( Manning may change that if played for us). Lacking more pieces to be a contender than the other two.
                        4) AZ is a warm weather city with a dome and Grass.Has less pieces to fill to be a contender, OL is the only partial weak area other than that good pieces to be contender. Great receiver in L Fitz.
                        5) Has a home in Miami, warm weather, young team with again less pieces to fill to be a contender. Good receiver in Marshall.

And the Biggy is money AZ and Miami have both said more or less Open checkbook that I don't see our FO doing with their history. Especially for a QB that is still not 100% and may not be again.....

But who knows ....only the man flying around being wined and dinned....

BRONCO FAN FOR LIFE

Comment

I dont like this thread. It is scaring me. No dolphins....... the division is too tough to win . i hope that helps.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BRONCO109 View Post
                            I am an admirer of Manning with the question only of Manning post season record....but he has a ring and 4 MVP.....

Honestly I don't believe Peyton Manning will come to Denver logically compared to Miami and AZ for the following reasons.

3) Or past run first system that Fox historically uses( Manning may change that if played for us). Lacking more pieces to be a contender than the other two.
                            4) AZ is a warm weather city with a dome and Grass.Has less pieces to fill to be a contender, OL is the only partial weak area other than that good pieces to be contender. Great receiver in L Fitz.
                            5) Has a home in Miami, warm weather, young team with again less pieces to fill to be a contender. Good receiver in Marshall.

And the Biggy is money AZ and Miami have both said more or less Open checkbook that I don't see our FO doing with their history. Especially for a QB that is still not 100% and may not be again.....

Miami doesn't have the cap space that we do, and AZ would have to cut key players to sign him.
                            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by BRONCO109 View Post

Miami only has 15-16 mil total in cap unless others restructure.

Arizona is 13 mil over the cap as of now, so they'd have to cut some key players to get him.

And spent a ton of time with him, this wasn't a meet and greet, we are VERY interested in PM, VERY.

Comment

Working...
                              X