Broncos Could Trade Tebow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Could Trade Tebow

Fox Sports is reporting that the Broncos will trade Tebow if Manning comes to Denver. Also states Jacksonville is lining themselves up for the trade.

Edit:

Broncos Could Trade Tebow

Broncos would trade Tebow if Manning signs.
    Last edited by Alastor; 03-11-2012, 11:13 AM. Reason: Title changed to match article title. Links added. Thread merged. Thread moved.
    sigpicimage.php?u=373387&type=sigpic&dateline=1325481286

I don't see this report anywhere on Fox Sports, any link or did you hear it through radio/tv? All the talk from the Jaguars camp the last few days has been the GM has no interest in getting Tebow.

Comment

Originally posted by Colem9r View Post
      Fox Sports is reporting that the Broncos will trade Tebow if Manning comes to Denver. Also states Jacksonville is lining themselves up for the trade.
      link or it didn't happen
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

It's all over Rotoworld and pft as well

Comment

Its there right on the foxsports home page

Tim Tebow will have performed his last Mile High Miracle if the Denver Broncos win the race to land Peyton Manning, Pro Football Network reported Sunday.

A source close to the team said Tebow stands to be traded upon the arrival of the four-time MVP.

The report claims the Jacksonville Jaguars are lining themselves up to acquire the unconventional quarterback, who led the Broncos on a sometimes-improbable run to the AFC West title last season.

Manning met with Broncos vice president of football operations John Elway and coach John Fox on Friday during a six-hour visit to the team's facility in Denver as the recently-released former Colt began the search for a new home after spending his entire pro career in Indianapolis.

Manning will meet with Cardinals bosses Sunday after arriving in Arizona on Saturday night, hoping to make a decision on his future within the next few days.

The Denver source claimed Tebow's starting spot would be safe should Manning snub the Broncos.

Tebow made no comment regarding his future in Denver while speaking with reporters at a fundraiser for a wounded war veteran in Tampa on Friday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Stokely View Post
            I don't see this report anywhere on Fox Sports, any link or did you hear it through radio/tv? All the talk from the Jaguars camp the last few days has been the GM has no interest in getting Tebow.
            I live in Jax. The Owner, Shahid Khan said that if he was the Owner in 2010, he would've drafted Tebow. He said that he wouldn't have taken him at #10, but he would've traded back some and then drafted him. He said that although he believes in letting people do their jobs, this would've been his 1 and only call. And if it fails, then everybody knows who to blame.

So to say that "the GM has not interest" is not enough from stopping Khan to make the trade if he wants. Owner>>>>>GM
            sigpic

Comment

Good for him. EFX doesn't want him anymore.

I have a BAD feeling about this move though. Very bad...
              Forum "credibility" is the same as writing articles for "The Bleacher Report"

Comment

The current and previous GM for the Jaguars are pretty horrible. I don't think Khan will keep him beyond this year.

Comment

One thing about me is: I'm a man of honesty, and integrity.

Now I am all in for the upgrade at QB if we can get Manning, dont get me wrong, but the Broncos, especially Elway are making themselves look bad in the regard that they are all over the place with inconsistent statements.

He should have just said, 'we're looking to upgrade the QB position this offseason should anyone become available that we like.'

Instead of saying "Tebow would be the unquestion starter heading into training camp because he has earned that right."

Like I said I'm all for pursuing ways the make the team better, but imo Elway is messing up and taking a big risk because with all these rumors like these posted-which im sure gets back to Tebow by friends and family-and if we don't get Manning, now its going to be a psychological disadvantage for Tebow because now he will lose trust in the caoching staff and front office.

We have to land Manning! Because by now Tebow probably don't trust or beloeve that the team believes in him, and I wouldn't be surprised if his agent went to elways and request a trade. Of course its a hypothetical, but if that were to happen and we don't get Manning, now what do we have??

Comment

Its there right on the foxsports home page

Tim Tebow will have performed his last Mile High Miracle if the Denver Broncos win the race to land Peyton Manning, Pro Football Network reported Sunday.

A source close to the team said Tebow stands to be traded upon the arrival of the four-time MVP.

The report claims the Jacksonville Jaguars are lining themselves up to acquire the unconventional quarterback, who led the Broncos on a sometimes-improbable run to the AFC West title last season.

Manning met with Broncos vice president of football operations John Elway and coach John Fox on Friday during a six-hour visit to the team's facility in Denver as the recently-released former Colt began the search for a new home after spending his entire pro career in Indianapolis.

Manning will meet with Cardinals bosses Sunday after arriving in Arizona on Saturday night, hoping to make a decision on his future within the next few days.

The Denver source claimed Tebow's starting spot would be safe should Manning snub the Broncos.

Tebow made no comment regarding his future in Denver while speaking with reporters at a fundraiser for a wounded war veteran in Tampa on Friday night.
                    rumors

10 characters
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I agree different mgt. now but they are doing the same crap they did to cutler.. trade tebow hopefully get manning or go for Flynn in free agency. Wife already said she wants a Tebow jersey wherever he ends up.

Comment

Elway needs to man up and trade Tebow regardless of what happens with Manning. It is obvious he does not want him and if it's not Manning, it will be a QB from the draft when our team struggles which it will.

No more BS rhetoric about how you like him and will work with him etc. It's BS. It's obvious you don't want him, and that is your right as the man in charge, so just do it already!

Elway does not want to be the bad guy with the fans, but if he wants this job, then he has to be able to accept that when making some decisions. We are wasting time here. Put your plan in place that you obviously have, and lets just move on. It's really not fair to the organization, players on team, the fans, or Tebow for that matter since you don't believe in him.

Just trade him to Jacksonville, live with the consequences, and show us you can build a Super Bowl team.

Comment

Like I said, I'd want out now if I were Tebow, but that's just me. I'd rather play in the arena league than for Elway and his garbage. Wouldn't care what anybody thought about what I had to say either. But that's just me. Heck I do the same at my current job. I have no problem addressing the VP respectfully in his office when I feel second guessed on task that I perform. And was that way from the day I started with this company. Tebow needs to man up and grow a pair, sit EFX down and lay out how he feels to them personally. Let them know u don't want to be part of the circus that they are creating. And yes EFX created this media circus not Tebow, Tebow loyalist, or us Bronco fans who support him.
                          #swapping

Comment

Just like Tebow is the starter and Orton is traded to Miami.

Don't believe anything until it actually happens.
                            Miller + Tebow = Win

sigpic

Comment

I agree different mgt. now but they are doing the same crap they did to cutler.. trade tebow hopefully get manning or go for Flynn in free agency. Wife already said she wants a Tebow jersey wherever he ends up.
                              It's pretty damn amazing they keep screwing this up.

Comment

Working...
                              X