Is Manning Worth the Hangover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
    The Cardinals would disagree, as would the Rams, as would the Broncos who won two Super Bowls based on bringing in aging free agents.
    While not all would be considered aging, these are some notable names we brought in around that time. Quite a list I'd say.

Howard Griffith
    Ed McCaffrey
    Gary Zimmerman
    Mark Schlereth
    Tony Jones
    Neil Smith
    Keith Traylor
    Alfred Williams
    Billl Romanowski
    Ray Crockett
    Darrien Gordon
    Harry Swayne

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
      There have only been 3 dynasties over the last 20 years:

Cowboys
      Steelers
      Patriots

Green Bay is workin on it.
      And? Why should my "goals" (if you can call it that since I'm not part of the team) be anything less than to be the best?

Comment

Manning is worth it.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MajorFriend View Post
          Those weren't and are not dynasties.
          Maybe not, but the Broncos had quite a 3 year run...they could have and should have won 3 in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post
            Manning is worth it.
            And that's the bottom line. You think he is, I don't. We will see.

Comment

Those weren't and are not dynasties.
              There aren't many of those these days. I can think of one, the Patriots, and they're the ones who soaked up everyone else's free agents.

Randy Moss, Junior Seau, Cory Dillon, Terry Allen, Keith Byars, Kyle Brady, Troy Brown, Jarvis Green, Rodney Harrison, and on and on and on.

I dunno. Something tells me you can indeed build through free agency. In fact, the only "dynasty" in the modern NFL era has done exactly that for the better part of a decade now.

Comment

And? Why should my "goals" (if you can call it that since I'm not part of the team) be anything less than to be the best?
                3 teams in 20 years could be considered a dynasty. Heck, probably 3 teams in 30 years.

You're saying they (dynasties) build through the draft. Right?

You also said that Peyton Manning would be good enough to where we didn't have a high draft pick, and that it's sabotaging the teams ability to build....

Did these dynasty teams have consistent high draft picks to build with? If they did, they probably wouldn't have been dynasties, right?

sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                  I think I read last night that Manning have extensive high quality video he can provide to teams (and I'm sure he has). He also is willing to give the team contract assurances should his health not pan out.

I don't think ANY team in the NFL is going to sign Manning on his word, not even the Broncos.
                  Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                  Manning missed a season but plenty have and came back. I know he had neck surgeries but doctors have said he is 100 %, he did a recent workout and reports were he looked really good, threw it 50 yards.

Not where he needs to be but progressing very well
                  If that is true, I am more of a show me type of person though, I can get behind getting Manning. Especially if his velocity has actually increased. There is no doubt he is one of the best to ever play the game.

I can actually see him as either an OC or HC one day in the NFL.

I would just like to see the video for myself, that's just the way I am. I believe very little of what I hear, and only half of what I see.
                  People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

sigpic

Comment

IMO 49ers should be on that list, Montanna has what 4 rings in a matter of 9 years and if it wasn't for the cowboys he'd probably have a couple more
                    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                      IMO 49ers should be on that list, Montanna has what 4 rings in a matter of 9 years and if it wasn't for the cowboys he'd probably have a couple more
                      Good point, and fair enough.

What I'm saying still makes sense. You can't say that we couldn't build to be a dynasty because Manning would be good enough make sure we didn't have high draft picks when dynasty teams NEVER have high picks as a result of their previous years success/failure. If they did, they wouldn't be dynasties.
                      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Working...
                      X