Broncos Nation forgetting its savior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    I can look at what the Broncos accomplished and be objective.

We got very lucky several times. Admitting that doesn't diminish anything.

Better lucky than good, as the saying goes.
    At the same time we got very unlucky every game, as for whatever reason the refs were waaay against us (not sure why they wanted the NFL to lose money). Actually that's not really luck; it's much much worse.

And obviously nothing is luck technically. Barber getting pushed out of bounds is like saying it's lucky DT didn't catch the easy touchdown earlier in the game. Or it's lucky that Tebow missed those open receivers.

Comment

Meh, honestly...I don't even care anymore.

It's my opinion that the Broncos were extremely lucky in 2011. That luck helped us get into the playoffs. If MB3 doesn't run out of bounds, we're not even having this discussion, and that more than proves my point.
      And if Cleveland didn't commit 2 turnovers giving the Broncs the ball at their 34 and 9 yard lines, Elway never mounts "The Drive" and the Broncos don't make it to SB21.

Or you could go to SB XXXII and say that if Freeman doesn't drop that pass at the 15 yard line, the Packers would have scored and Denver would have lost.

Or, you can go to just about any game and pick something out and say "if not for that".

Comment

Originally posted by demosthenes9 View Post
        Hmm, defense gelling and holding teams to low totals would have led to us LOSING to the Jets by a score of 13-10, us LOSING to the Bears by a score of 10-7, us LOSING to the Chargers 13-10.

BUT, in all three of those games, Tebow and the offense DID produce when it came to crunch time.

That's the point that you and others either miss completely or try to gloss over. Sure, the D kept us in games and put us in position to win, BUT, if Tebow and the offense doesn't mount that epic 95 yard drive for a score, we would have lost that game. If Tebow and the offense didn't put us in position for some nice kicks by Prater, we would have lost the SD and Chicago games as well.
        Wow. Ok. I guess the fact that if the defense hadn't held them to below 20 Denver never would have been in a position to win in the 4th quarter doesn't matter? If Denver had given up 17 pts in any of the games you mentioned... tebow cant win them can he? If they had given up 21 pts a game. Tebow would have gone 2 - 9 because he cant lead his team to points.

So DEFENSE not offense is mostly responsible for those wins.
        Family, country, rugby, football

I posted in the epic Peyton's NeckBones thread and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt!

Comment

You guys already have Manning on the sideline warming up. You might be counting your chicks a little early. As for wanting Tebow out of here as quick as possible. You might be eating some crow later on.

Comment

I posted this in the "Manning Released" thread, but I'll repost it here (because it already got buried with the press conference rumors. I think my post may actually be read (but probably not) in this thread.

================================================== ===

I will give my opinion on this issue. I've chosen not to comment on it because I wish it would just get resolved (rather, I want Peyton to choose a team ASAP) so that I can deal with it one way or another, and try to find the bright side of the result in terms of the Broncos long/short term.

*sigh* Here goes...

I personally believe EFX is making a big mistake by going all gung-ho for Peyton the way they are. I completely understand the idea of "win now" and the chances for a SB win THIS YEAR (or even the next couple of years) is a lot more feasible with Peyton than with Tebow. I get that, and agree with it.

My problem is the neck/age issue, plain and simple. If Peyton starts here in Denver, I will seriously be holding my breath EVERY time he takes a sack, trips over his shoe laces, or if Richard Seymor even breathes on him. Peyton will literally be one sack away from retirement, and then we send in the backup, making their imitation of Curtis Painter bumbling through Peyton's extremely specific and intricate hurry-up offense.

Is our offensive line built to focus on much more on pass-blocking? I don't know (it would definitely help if we brought in Saturday and benched JD Walton in that regard, and Franklin will have to get REAL GOOD REAL FAST).

Now, if we were to keep Tebow (which is unlikely), I don't see any reason to be hopeful he will develop under Peyton's "guidance." We all see how well Painter did, and I don't see Peyton willing to spend any time tutoring Tebow, and I don't blame him, Peyton wants to win now and not have to hold anybody's hand.

If/when Peyton goes down (probably around week 4-5), then Tebow will get thrown in once again with no productive off season or practice sessions with the 1's, and will have another shaky season with all of the same controversies. I'm sure EFX knows that, and will release Tebow upon Peyton's signing.

What we will end up doing is drafting that rookie from A&M, starting Peyton, and holding our collective breaths every time the opposing defense gets penetration through our OL.

Now we already had a developing young QB who showed some real flashes of brilliance, but was still clearly still learning the ropes of the NFL. I have seen enough of him to believe that Tebow will certainly develop into a special QB, the likes of which people will always be comparing young guys to decades from now. I personally believe Tebow's potential and ceiling is higher than some other posters on these boards, but that's irrelevant now.

After this push for Peyton, EFX has shown the serious lack of faith they have in Tebow, but that's OK, I've already surmised that a long time ago. I hope they just release Tebow anyway, and let him go to Jacksonville, where I hope he will have a lot of success (except whenever he plays the Broncos or Cowboys).

I love John Elway, he is and will always be my football idol and favorite player of all time. That will never change. However, I am very disappointed with how he's dealt with the whole "Tebow thing" from day 1, and I sometimes really see him as a used-car salesman when he's giving his speeches as Vice President of Football Operations. Of course, this is all a matter of opinion, and he certainly knows a helluva lot more about football than I ever will, so I will just have to trust him. I'm just not sold on him as an executive yet.

Whatever happens, Elway had better be right about this one...

Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
            sigpic

Comment

Meh, honestly...I don't even care anymore.

It's my opinion that the Broncos were extremely lucky in 2011. That luck helped us get into the playoffs. If MB3 doesn't run out of bounds, we're not even having this discussion, and that more than proves my point.
              And if the Offense didn't make enought points to win the game, we wouldn't be having this discussion. And that proves my point.

Comment

Originally posted by gcmath View Post
                And if the Offense didn't make enought points to win the game, we wouldn't be having this discussion. And that proves my point.
                Offenses are supposed to score.

RB's aren't supposed to run out of bounds when if you stayed in the game was over.

Like I said, whatever.

Everyone wants to climb my tree about it, and I don't really care. IMO we won quite a few games under fortunate circumstances.

Deal with it.
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by DoomTrooper View Post
                  I posted this in the "Manning Released" thread, but I'll repost it here (because it already got buried with the press conference rumors. I think my post may actually be read (but probably not) in this thread.

================================================== ===

I will give my opinion on this issue. I've chosen not to comment on it because I wish it would just get resolved (rather, I want Peyton to choose a team ASAP) so that I can deal with it one way or another, and try to find the bright side of the result in terms of the Broncos long/short term.

*sigh* Here goes...

I personally believe EFX is making a big mistake by going all gung-ho for Peyton the way they are. I completely understand the idea of "win now" and the chances for a SB win THIS YEAR (or even the next couple of years) is a lot more feasible with Peyton than with Tebow. I get that, and agree with it.

My problem is the neck/age issue, plain and simple. If Peyton starts here in Denver, I will seriously be holding my breath EVERY time he takes a sack, trips over his shoe laces, or if Richard Seymor even breathes on him. Peyton will literally be one sack away from retirement, and then we send in the backup, making their imitation of Curtis Painter bumbling through Peyton's extremely specific and intricate hurry-up offense.

Is our offensive line built to focus on much more on pass-blocking? I don't know (it would definitely help if we brought in Saturday and benched JD Walton in that regard, and Franklin will have to get REAL GOOD REAL FAST).

Now, if we were to keep Tebow (which is unlikely), I don't see any reason to be hopeful he will develop under Peyton's "guidance." We all see how well Painter did, and I don't see Peyton willing to spend any time tutoring Tebow, and I don't blame him, Peyton wants to win now and not have to hold anybody's hand.

If/when Peyton goes down (probably around week 4-5), then Tebow will get thrown in once again with no productive off season or practice sessions with the 1's, and will have another shaky season with all of the same controversies. I'm sure EFX knows that, and will release Tebow upon Peyton's signing.

What we will end up doing is drafting that rookie from A&M, starting Peyton, and holding our collective breaths every time the opposing defense gets penetration through our OL.

Now we already had a developing young QB who showed some real flashes of brilliance, but was still clearly still learning the ropes of the NFL. I have seen enough of him to believe that Tebow will certainly develop into a special QB, the likes of which people will always be comparing young guys to decades from now. I personally believe Tebow's potential and ceiling is higher than some other posters on these boards, but that's irrelevant now.

After this push for Peyton, EFX has shown the serious lack of faith they have in Tebow, but that's OK, I've already surmised that a long time ago. I hope they just release Tebow anyway, and let him go to Jacksonville, where I hope he will have a lot of success (except whenever he plays the Broncos or Cowboys).

I love John Elway, he is and will always be my football idol and favorite player of all time. That will never change. However, I am very disappointed with how he's dealt with the whole "Tebow thing" from day 1, and I sometimes really see him as a used-car salesman when he's giving his speeches as Vice President of Football Operations. Of course, this is all a matter of opinion, and he certainly knows a helluva lot more about football than I ever will, so I will just have to trust him. I'm just not sold on him as an executive yet.

Whatever happens, Elway had better be right about this one...

Good post. I think Tebow is here to stay no matter what that though. Elway likes him. Fox definitely likes him. And Manning likes him or he'd never talk to us. I think it's just the fans that don't like him and like to think that the front office shares the same feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by orangenightmare View Post
                    Broncos Nation forgetting its savior
                    I have never forgot John Elway...#JustSaying

Thx,
                    Joe
                    To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

sigpic

Comment

How about the Holy Stokley?

Was that luck?
                      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                        Just add more fuel to the "Tebow Hate" fire.
                        why does there have to be a "hate fire" for a guy that busted his ass and did the best he could , was a good team mate, and did energize the team, no matter how much some want to re write history.

You shouldn't hate a guy because articles are written about him that he did not write or that he is over covered in the media or even his fans.
                        Last edited by Mk2_Tebow; 03-13-2012, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Peyton is NOT coming to Denver, and Tebow will tear it up next year, making EFX look like donkey a$$'s for almost trading him. End of Discussion!
                          Last edited by gods6monkeys; 03-13-2012, 06:45 PM.
                          I'm kind of like a big deal... sort of like a superhero.

Comment

Working...
                          X