X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peyton Manning meets with Dolphins owner in Indy

Dolphins' Philbin spends nearly six hours meeting with Manning

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d..._breaking_news

DAVIE, Fla. - After days of highly publicized meetings with the Denver Broncos and Arizona Cardinals, Peyton Manning successfully escaped the spotlight for his third free-agent visit, this one with the Miami Dolphins. It required some covert operations to get it done.

On Monday afternoon, several key members of the Dolphins (most importantly head coach Joe Philbin) boarded a flight to Indianapolis, where Manning has recently been staying, according to a Dolphins source.

Philbin spent nearly six hours with Manning, a meeting that rarely - if ever -- strayed from football strategy, the source said. Other details, including who attended the meeting other than Philbin, were limited. The team remains very sensitive about letting any details out that could irritate Manning.

Although strictly speculative at this point, the length of the meeting suggests the Dolphins still remain very much in the hunt for Manning's services despite widespread concern that they'd fallen out of favor.

On Friday, a team source said a meeting with Manning would take place "potentially Sunday, Monday or Tuesday," but because of the fluid nature of Manning's schedule, they hadn't been able to lock down an exact time or place for the meeting. It ended up happening Monday.

On Monday afternoon, a source also said the Dolphins had scheduled a meeting between Manning and Philbin -- but the source was unwilling to say when and where. Secrecy in the details of the plan has been important to the Dolphins, and Monday, they successfully orchestrated a meeting while preserving that secrecy.

"Although strictly speculative at this point, the length of the meeting suggests the Dolphins still remain very much in the hunt for Manning's services despite widespread concern that they'd fallen out of favor."

Manning is playing us all.... leveraging the teams...
    PM is the one who contacted Houston...

Leveraging the situation.... but not working out for anybody.

Again..

I will accept what happens one way or the other...

But as of now... dude AINT A BRONCO.
    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Is there a source to run down that said Peyton called SF himself?
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
        Is there a source to run down that said Peyton called SF himself?
        I had not heard that..

but Drew Soicher is the one who informed us on 9 news this evening that
        Manning was the one who called the Texans...
        and another poster said it was also posted earlier in the Denver post.

I dont know anything about the 49's deal...
        except Soicher said they are in contact with Manning.

I do know that Alex Smith 49's QB becomes a Free Agent tomorrow..
        and SF just signed Randy Moss...
        Last edited by PAINTERDAVE; 03-12-2012, 09:59 PM.
        - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
          I had not heard that..

but Drew Soicher is the one who informed us on 9 news this evening that
          Manning was the one who called the Texans...
          and another poster said it was also posted earlier in the Denver post.

I dont know anything about the 49's deal...
          except Soicher said they are in contact with Manning.

I do know that Alex Smith 49's QB becomes a Free Agent tomorrow..
          and SF just signed Randy Moss...
          If the 49ers are truly interested, I can see Peyton loving that situation. That team was a fumble away from being in the Superbowl.

He has Vernon Davis to throw to.

Team has a great rushing offense, and an elite defense.

If I were Peyton, wanting a SB right now, I would jump on that opportunity in a heartbeat.

Comment

Very true. I hadn't thought about that at all. SF would be an awesome fit. Smith did almost lead them to the promised land. Something tells me Harbaugh is a loyalty guy. I am not sure he would sell out AS.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
              Very true. I hadn't thought about that at all. SF would be an awesome fit. Smith did almost lead them to the promised land. Something tells me Harbaugh is a loyalty guy. I am not sure he would sell out AS.
              Kind of, but he did interview with the Dolphins whilst their HC was still under contract, so he's probably not all that angelic.
              sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Working...
              X