Broncos not expected to be big players in free agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos not expected to be big players in free agency

Saw on NFLN that the Broncos are expected to feel the market out and wont be looking to make any big moves (other than the potential signing of Peyton Manning of course). With 50million in cap space, what are we waiting for?

Originally posted by VietnamBob2473 View Post
    Saw on NFLN that the Broncos are expected to feel the market out and wont be looking to make any big moves (other than the potential signing of Peyton Manning of course). With 50million in cap space, what are we waiting for?
    Mike Wallace, maybe?
    sigpic

Comment

I can see the reason in that. The players they are reportedly looking at are quality players and upgrades but wont command a big salary. Other than manning and possibly Wayne.

Comment

I thought I saw earlier we only have 38

Adopted Broncos:
        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
        Adopted posters:
        Everyone

Comment

Bowlen's investments to mature.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
            Mike Wallace, maybe?
            with the 25th pick, it wouldn't be a a lot to give up for a good, young receiver. However I don't see it going down. I keep hearing New England could be a likely spot for Mike Wallace.

Comment

Well, we have to spend that money.

MaxBroncos said we'd be spenders in FA.
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                I thought I saw earlier we only have 38
                NFLN reported we have nearly 50 million.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                  Well, we have to spend that money.

MaxBroncos said we'd be spenders in FA.
                  who says we have to spend? Per team minimum spending doesn't start until 2013

Comment

By the way VietnamBob2473, we have 17 UFAs, i'm pretty sure we'll be active in Free Agency.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VietnamBob2473 View Post
                      Waiting for Vincent Jackson's arrival......
                      A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Comment

Good. Free agency is not how to build a team. Get role players and veterans in free agency, or maybe a special player like Mario Williams or Peyton, but the Brandon Carrs and Jason Joneses always bite their teams wallet in the ass.

Comment

We obviously have the money to do it. I expect us to sign Manning, and probably re-sign Bunkley, but maybe not much more after that..
                          sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                          Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...-west-notes-64

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports Denver has the third-most salary-cap room entering free agency with $38 million.
                            Peyton Manning would take a big piece of this cap space. The Broncos also want to sign Brodrick Bunkley. Add the draft picks. And They probably want to keep a comfortable cap room for the future. Ryan Clady will become a free agent in 2013.
                            sigpic

Comment

Soliali and bunkley is a huge step forward if it happens, plus the Peyton possy if it happens
                              What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                              I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Working...
                              X