Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brandon Merriweather expected to visit Broncos

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    I'll admit, I expected him to excel in the Tampa 2.
    I did too, but I think the tampa 2 is kinda out dated. Thats just me though...
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by The Experience View Post
      Dude is a 2 time pro bowler. Meriweather is legit....

      He will bring some nasty to our D...
      Hes a free lancing head hunter

      The whole point of that position is NOT to give up the big play, he doesnt have enough discipline

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
        Vince Young made 2 Pro Bowls, ok...........
        Thats apples to oranges. QB is a much more popular than S. When you make the Pro Bowl as a safety you earn it.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #34
          He was TERRIBLE last season for the Bears. He better step it up if he comes here.
          sigpic
          Thanks, MHS!

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
            Hes a free lancing head hunter

            The whole point of that position is NOT to give up the big play, he doesnt have enough discipline
            Discipline can be taught. Del Rio and Fox are big on it. When BM played for BB he played really well.

            Rod Marinelli is a pretty meh DC....
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #36
              I wasnt impressed with him in Chicago but considering what we have at safety we can only get better.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by The Experience View Post
                Discipline can be taught. Del Rio and Fox are big on it. When BM played for BB he played really well.

                Rod Marinelli is a pretty meh DC....


                Meriweather is an idiot.


                sigpic


                FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



                :cool:

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post


                  Meriweather is an idiot.
                  eh, no big deal....

                  Your basing that he is an idiot off of one play? ok......

                  I guarantee you I have watched much more of Meriweather than most on this board has (being an avid Hurricane fan)

                  Trust me this guy can contribute for us...
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post


                    Meriweather is an idiot.
                    I guess I don't get how that was a cheap shot. He was head-hunting. But don't get head-hunting confused with cheap shots.

                    A cheap shot is when you hit a guy you have no right to hit. He should've hit Heap. Heap just happened to be falling out of the sky at the time he did it.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      The fact that he was bad last year is actually a good thing for his future potential. It lowers his asking price, and history and statistics say that was an anomaly and he'll bounce back. It's actually the one-year wonders that you want to avoid, like RFN. But I'd definitely prefer RFN to Merriweather anyway lol.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Brandon Meriweather visit tonight

                        http://twitter.com/#!/MikeKlis/statu...66609613455360

                        Meriweather will visit the Broncos on Tuesday night. The Broncos could be in line for a safety with veteran Brian Dawkins unsure about retirement or playing next season.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          If we sign him I highly doubt he'll be able to beat out either Moore or Carter. He's purely a headhunter both on and off the field. He was terrible last year and pretty bad the year before which is why both the Pats and the Bears have got rid of him. In fact he's being brought in to compete at SS, Moore is reportedly expected to win back the FS spot.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                            If we sign him I highly doubt he'll be able to beat out either Moore or Carter. He's purely a headhunter both on and off the field. He was terrible last year and pretty bad the year before which is why both the Pats and the Bears have got rid of him. In fact he's being brought in to compete at SS, Moore is reportedly expected to win back the FS spot.
                            He can at least tackle, unlike Moore. I think he would easily beat him out for the starting job.
                            sigpic

                            2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                            Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              I'd take him over what we have now, he at the very least would provide competition
                              sigpic
                              "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
                                He can at least tackle, unlike Moore. I think he would easily beat him out for the starting job.
                                No he can't, he goes for the kill shot every time. Every other tackle he gets is going to have 15 yards added to it. Moore's problem with tackling is a strength thing, with a full NFL offseason of working out with the team he'll get stronger and become a better tackler. Meriweather's a mindset thing, Moore's is a physical problem which can be fixed a lot faster than Meriweather's.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X