Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brandon Merriweather expected to visit Broncos

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    I'd rather pull out the big guns for LaRon Landry, but I don't see that happening. Honestly I'd rather stick with the guys we have, Merriweather is not very good.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by The Experience View Post
      Thats apples to oranges. QB is a much more popular than S. When you make the Pro Bowl as a safety you earn it.
      If he's so good why did the Pats and Bears both get rid of him as quickly as possible?

      Comment


      • #48
        I'd rather sign Reggie Nelson or LaRon Landry. I'd like Nelson more because I think he'll be cheaper, Del Rio has familiarity with him and he's stepped up his play the past 2 seasons with Cincy.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
          If he's so good why did the Pats and Bears both get rid of him as quickly as possible?
          I never said he was "soo good" quite the contrary actually. But I think he can revive his career here and get back to pro bowl form.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by The Experience View Post
            Thats apples to oranges. QB is a much more popular than S. When you make the Pro Bowl as a safety you earn it.
            I don't think Brian Dawkins has really earned it the past few times he made it

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
              I don't think Brian Dawkins has really earned it the past few times he made it
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #52
                Adam Schefter tweeted

                Bears free-agent safety Brandon Meriweather now planning to visit Washington on Wednesday.
                looks like we didnt get him

                Comment


                • #53
                  He is a journeymen anyway, I would rather draft one and give DelRio some raw talent to mold. Better chance for a team first player. Retreads seldom work out.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Dnt want him anyway..rather have reggie nelson..

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Free agent S Brandon Meriweather will reportedly visit with the Redskins on Wednesday.
                      Meriweather apparently left Denver without a deal after visiting Tuesday night. After being abandoned by New England and torched in coverage with the Bears last year, we're surprised he's received the early interest.

                      per rotoworld
                      If we strike out with Meriweather, why not go after Reggie Nelson?

                      edit: woops, i reposted. oh well. Still stands that it appears this team doesn't have back-up plans for their swing and misses.
                      Last edited by Click-Clack; 03-14-2012, 06:14 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        I dont think we were prepared to give him a huge amount, given the slide in his rep recently. Good thumper and solid SS but liability in coverage. Reggie Nelson is a better pick as is Melvin Bullitt.
                        Manning Fatigue (noun): The act of being sick as hell of watching a HOF qb take half of forever to decide what to do and just wishing he'd make up his mind.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Good, he sucks anyway, MUCH rather have Reggie Nelson or go with our young safeties over Meriweather.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            ya not a big fan of Merriweather, though i do think hes an upgrade over much of what we have here
                            sigpic
                            -------

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              He's a hell of a lot better than marquand Manuel and Calvin lowry

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by milehighireland View Post
                                I dont think we were prepared to give him a huge amount, given the slide in his rep recently. Good thumper and solid SS but liability in coverage. Reggie Nelson is a better pick as is Melvin Bullitt.
                                he is a FS

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X