Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos interested in John Abraham

Jason La Canfora ‏ @JasonLaCanfora

TEN and DEN have interest in pass rusher John Abraham. Manning decision and M Williams delay has caused a lag for him.

I'd be down with that.

It would make a ton of sense.
    sigpic
    2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

before yall talk about how old he is the man is coming off a 9.5 sack season with 4 forced fumbles. better than ayers.

Comment

This offseason is getting worse and worse.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
          before yall talk about how old he is the man is coming off a 9.5 sack season with 4 forced fumbles. better than ayers.
          Yeah, he's still a productive player, would be a solid signing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kazmo View Post
            This offseason is getting worse and worse.
            Yeah, signing a player with the 2nd or 3rd active in sacks in the NFL would be terrible, yup...

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
              Yeah, signing a player with the 2nd or 3rd active in sacks in the NFL would be terrible, yup...
              He will be 34 this season. The other players we have gone after? 31 year old CB, 31 year old S, and a 36 year old QB. We have the 2nd most cap room and we were a LUCKY 8-8 team and we are spending money like we are against the cap and a championship team.
              sigpic

Comment

Seems like Den. is focused on D-fense still, what about our offensive needs. Maybe they're banking on Manning to bring some FA with him. Broncos are as confusing as ever!!
                sigpic
                What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Comment

Be careful of the die-hard Ayers fans and their breakout season predictions. They'll talk about how old Abraham is while forgetting we have an old injured Ty Warren. I'm a fan of Abraham and I hope we can get him

Comment

He will be 34 this season. The other players we have gone after? 31 year old CB, 31 year old S, and a 36 year old QB. We have the 2nd most cap room and we were a LUCKY 8-8 team and we are spending money like we are against the cap and a championship team.
                    if he didnt have overall consistent production in his career or had an obvious decline i would be there with you. but the guy is maintaining a quality level of play. and off the top of my head i cant think of a better DE that is a free agent.

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixDread View Post
                      Be careful of the die-hard Ayers fans and their breakout season predictions. They'll talk about how old Abraham is while forgetting we have an old injured Ty Warren. I'm a fan of Abraham and I hope we can get him
                      Yeah, Let's sign another old D-lineman because Warren worked out so great for us. Abraham is a rotational DE who is probably going to command more money than he is worth.
                      sigpic

Comment

if he didnt have overall consistent production in his career or had an obvious decline i would be there with you. but the guy is maintaining a quality level of play. and off the top of my head i cant think of a better DE that is a free agent.
                        Except he wasn't all that good last year. He had 3.5 sacks against Jax and 2 against the Bears. Both of those teams have horrible O-lines. He managed a total of 4 sacks in the rest of the 14 games he played against better opponents.
                        sigpic

Comment

Please make it so.
                          sigpic

Comment

Except he wasn't all that good last year. He had 3.5 sacks against Jax and 2 against the Bears. Both of those teams have horrible O-lines. He managed a total of 4 sacks in the rest of the 14 games he played against better opponents.
                            Doesn't matter. Production is production. Better to have someone that gets sacks in small bunches than one who gets a sack only during an eclipse

Comment

Yeah, Let's sign another old D-lineman because Warren worked out so great for us. Abraham is a rotational DE who is probably going to command more money than he is worth.
                              Ask the Pats how well did Andre Carter work out for them

A rotational pass rusher would do wonders for our defense. Did you not watch the superbowl?
                              Last edited by PhoenixDread; 03-15-2012, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X