Broncos interested in John Abraham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    That DE can develop perfectly fine in a rotational role behind Dumervil. Abraham can not be put at LE, he will get abused there. No sense in giving him as much money as he wants to only play a situational role.
    Do you nhave any idea of how much they will pay him?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
      Although I like Garay and Zbikowski (love Carr but he's gone) I don't like Lofton (he's a better Joe Mays) I'd honestly prefer to McClain to him (cheaper, more athletic, more upside, both are young)

But not bad
      Cheaper definitly.....But not as athletic with less upside and doesnt know the position. Lofton is one of the 2 or 3 best ILB in all of football (IMO only Willis is better). McClain isnt the player that Lofton is, but in fairness not many are
      Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
        Me too but there just aren't any guys like tghat this year at that position.
        True...But DE isnt that big of a hole in comparison to DT,MLB or S. Why go early for an old guy that is going to cost a bunch when you can fix bigger holes and throw a rotational guy in the mix in a couple weeks. Doom, Miller and Ayers are a better combo then who we have at Dt.....Who do we have at DT?
        Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Please merge

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=209002
          sigpic

Comment

I don't understand why people think Abraham is washed up? Sure he is 33 but thats really not THAT old if your only looking to give a guy a 2 or 3 year contract. Its also not like he didn't produce last season he recorded 9.5 sacks. If he plays with a rotational role I would absolutely LOVE this signing.

Remember guys named Lynch & Dawkins...they were even hometown heros that teams let go because they thought they were getting old and would stop producing. Well news flash..they came here and together made a bunch of pro bowls! This would be a great value signing.

Whats the best thing you can do to help Von Doom...add another pass rusher for the offense to deal with.

Lets say Abraham isn't a 9+ sack guy anymore...lets say he is a 6-7 sack guy. That would still be great if you look at it as him playing in a situational role. Get it done EFX!
            Last edited by Caliraiderhater; 03-16-2012, 08:41 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Caliraiderhater View Post
              I don't understand why people think Abraham is washed up? Sure he is 33 but thats really not THAT old if your only looking to give a guy a 2 or 3 year contract. Its also not like he didn't produce last season he recorded 9.5 sacks. If he plays with a rotational role I would absolutely LOVE this signing.

Remember guys named Lynch & Dawkins...they were even hometown heros that teams let go because they thought they were getting old and would stop producing. Well news flash..they came here and together made a bunch of pro bowls! This would be a great value signing.

Whats the best thing you can do to help Von Doom...add another pass rusher for the offense to deal with.

Lets say Abraham isn't a 9+ sack guy anymore...lets say he is a 6-7 sack guy. That would still be great if you look at it as him playing in a situational role. Get it done EFX!
              If we get Manning, I equate adding Abraham would be the same as when we added Neil Smith and Alfred Williams.

I mean, we it would give us depth and we would be building our defense for pass rush just as the Colts had.

We would be playing with the lead and I think if adding all those two players came to fruition, its super bowl or bust for real...
              sigpic

Comment

I've been wanting to sign Abraham to play RE, and Wallace Gilberry to play LE, but when I saw that Abraham wants $12mil a year, no thanx.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                  I've been wanting to sign Abraham to play RE, and Wallace Gilberry to play LE, but when I saw that Abraham wants $12mil a year, no thanx.
                  $12 million? Uh yeah, we might as well cancel his flight. Especially if we couldnt match Miamis offer sheet of 6 million guaranteed to Soliai.
                  PM me if interested in joining a Madden '12 for Xbox 360. Or visit us at xbgl720.com

Comment

Originally posted by redneckrocker View Post
                    Seems like Den. is focused on D-fense still, what about our offensive needs. Maybe they're banking on Manning to bring some FA with him. Broncos are as confusing as ever!!
                    Hard to do much with the offense when we don't know yet who our QB will be
                    You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                      he is gonna be retired for that price. I thought half of that might be slightly overpaying.

Comment

Falcons just re-signed him for 3 years.

Comment

Im starting to think we go Whitney mercillus with our first.

Comment

I think DE is a need - he would have been a good rotational add at a decent price. We had better resign Bunk if we are not going to add anyone to our DL.

Comment

He resigned with atlanta anyway
                              sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Working...
                              X