No announcement yet.

Mike adams signed by Broncos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have watched him over the years since Im from CLE and I can tell you this. He always seems to be in position to make plays when the ball is in the air. He gets picks when he plays. He statrted at nickle corner AND at Safety when TJ Ward went down.

He is the best hype man in the league ill tell you that. During games hes always dancing in the endzones inbetween possessions and interacting with fans to get them pumped up lol. If you go to games make sure you keep an eye on him cause its funny.

He does have the tendancy to dissapear in the game which i donno is a good thing or not. Sort of like Renaldo Hill or a Abram Elam. You could play a whole game and not hear his name once, but that could just mean he is doing his job. I like it, hes like an Eddie Royal type player who is not the best by any means, but fans love him cause he makes the occasional play and has a lovable personality.

Hes not the future type starting guy but I think he holds it down until guys like Rahim Moore and Carter develop. He can teach Rahim a lot consider they play the same style. They are both smaller safetys who are tweeners inbetween CB and S and rely on speed and ball hawking instead of buing a thumper. Thats why I dont think Dawk can help Rahim because they dont play the same style. Mike Adams does and hes a vet that knows where to be and when, so hopefully Dawk can take Carter under his wing and Mike can take Rahim under his wing and groom them for next year.
    Last edited by ChampPik4Six; 03-15-2012, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChampPik4Six View Post
      I have watched him over the years since Im from CLE and I can tell you this. He always seems to be in position to make plays when the ball is in the air. He gets picks when he plays. He statrted at nickle corner AND at Safety when TJ Ward went down.

He is the best hype man in the league ill tell you that. During games hes always dancing in the endzones inbetween possessions and interacting with fans to get them pumped up lol. If you go to games make sure you keep an eye on him cause its funny.

He does have the tendancy to dissapear in the game which i donno is a good thing or not. Sort of like Renaldo Hill or a Abram Elam. You could play a whole game and not hear his name once, but that could just mean he is doing his job. I like it, hes like an Eddie Royal type player who is not the best by any means, but fans love him cause he makes the occasional play and has a lovable personality.

Hes not the future type starting guy but I think he holds it down until guys like Rahim Moore and Carter develop. He can teach Rahim a lot consider they play the same style. They are both smaller safetys who are tweeners inbetween CB and S and rely on speed and ball hawking instead of buing a thumper. Thats why I dont think Dawk can help Rahim because they dont play the same style. Mike Adams does and hes a vet that knows where to be and when, so hopefully Dawk can take Carter under his wing and Mike can take Rahim under his wing and groom them for next year.
      Great post and great point about him being able to help Moore instead of Dawkins because of the difference in style of play.

And when your a DB and you don't hear your name that's a good thing.

Comment

Yea I can honestly say after watching him for a few years that he is a solid addition and the fact that he can play both corner and safety is a good thing. He wont wow you, but he does his job with limited mistakes. Think of Renaldo Hill with better playmaking ability with INTs and stuff like that. Thats the most accurate I caqn describe him as.

BTW, will he be starting? or what

Comment

Why are we hating on Adams? He's a good cover safety, who started on a defense that was 2nd in passing yards allowed and 5th in points allowed that had to carry one of the leagues worst offenses.

He's a good player, not dominant by any means, but a huge improvement over some of the crap we've had to deal with. He'll be in the right position, he'll cover his man, he'll make some picks, and be a good presence in the locker room. It's a smart very cheap signing, nothing wrong with that IMO.
          Last edited by Hoserman117; 03-15-2012, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Good signing, we need more cover guys.

Comment

Mike Adams is fine. Isn't a great player obviously, but he's the type of signing that won't get accolades or be an immediate success, but he'll play an integral part in the team's make-up.

Once again another good move by EFX.
              sigpic
              St. Louis Rams GM

Comment

Originally posted by ChampPik4Six View Post

If you don't notice the FS, they're doing their job. I think guys like Nick Ferguson, Renaldo Hill, and now Mike Adams are seriously undervalued by fans because they want the INTs/FFs etc. etc. Being a strict FS is not a glamourous job at all, but when it goes wrong, think Calvin Lowry.
                sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

It may not be an exciting signing, but it seems like a smart one. Welcome to Denver.
                  sigpic
                  - ★ -
                  2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Ok, how much did he get?

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                      Why do ppl think this has anything to do with Goodie?

Adams is a slow safety that the Browns want replaced by a 7th rd pick, my friend Eric Hagg

Not excited one bit
                      Why do you say he's slow? If he was occasionally asked to play corner, he's got to be pretty fast as safeties go.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohenhen12345 View Post
                        Ok, how much did he get?
                        Agreed, what the hell is this secrecy? Did he get $100 million or something?

Comment

Working...
                        X