Geno Hayes visiting Bronxos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    You said you watched the Carolina game? That was the 2nd half of last season, both games were. Like I said, by that time the team had already quit on the season. The Bucs don't have a leader on the team which is why they quit. If you put Hayes on a good team with a leader he will produce. The Bucs didn't re-sign Barrett Ruud last year and he was the only leader on the team.
    As I have said. I am basing my opinion off of the game I seen. Nothing less. Nothing more. Not the stats. Not anything. From what I have seen of him he is weak against the run. He has stats. Awesome. A lot of people will love him for that. I don't care about him not having a leader and if it is in the second half of the year. He is bad from what I seen. Would you prefer me base what I think off the very pretty stats you posted. If so he is a great football player. Give him a 4 year 28 million dollar contract. 14 guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
      As I have said. I am basing my opinion off of the game I seen. Nothing less. Nothing more. Not the stats. Not anything. From what I have seen of him he is weak against the run. He has stats. Awesome. A lot of people will love him for that. I don't care about him not having a leader and if it is in the second half of the year. He is bad from what I seen. Would you prefer me base what I think off the very pretty stats you posted. If so he is a great football player. Give him a 4 year 28 million dollar contract. 14 guaranteed.
      You can't base your opinion off of one game man. That's pretty ridiculous. Everyone has a bad game now and then.
      sigpic
      2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
        You can't base your opinion off of one game man. That's pretty ridiculous. Everyone has a bad game now and then.
        Better than making an assumption off of the stats and not watching any game of him like I am pretty sure the large majority are doing. As I have stated multiple times also maybe he isn't that player. Maybe it was just a bad day. But from what I seen. Not an upgrade to any starter. Not an upgrade to either of last years main linebacker backups in Woodyard and Haggan.

Comment

Better than making an assumption off of the stats and not watching any game of him like I am pretty sure the large majority are doing. As I have stated multiple times also maybe he isn't that player. Maybe it was just a bad day. But from what I seen. Not an upgrade to any starter. Not an upgrade to either of last years main linebacker backups in Woodyard and Haggan.
          That's fine. As long as you admit that you realize he could have just been having a bad game then your argument seems good.

Sorry I didn't read any of the other posts just saw that. Good stuff.
          sigpic
          2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
            That's fine. As long as you admit that you realize he could have just been having a bad game then your argument seems good.

Sorry I didn't read any of the other posts just saw that. Good stuff.
            Yeah I think that could be apart of it. A huge possibility that is the case. He could have just had an off day. I only have one Tampa Bay game and that is all I could watch. And from that and it is unfair to judge off one game but I just think it is better than going off the stats.

Comment

Yes it sucks we didn't sign Trufant and Hayes. Such talented players. I am kidding of course. Mclain is the best player we have brought in. I am guessing we bring Mcclain in for competition and to be the backup swing player replacing Haggan. Woodyard though is better than Hayes from what I have seen. I hope we don't replace Woodyard with Hayes. Trufant is not great. Back issues. Unless it is for dirt cheap. I hope he doesn't come here.
              Trufant is easily better than Goodman, he's better in coverage and a much better tackler. I want to sign him assuming that his back checks out, and if it does it shouldn't even be a question that he should be signed. He'd be one of the best cover corners we've had across from Champ in a good while, and he'd be the first corner across from Champ in a while who is as good of a tackler as he is.

McClain would cost probably 5-7M a year, and he's not leaving Baltimore to become a swing back up for the Denver Broncos, and that would be a waste regardless. If McClain signs, he needs to be starting, and even so I don't think an upgrade there would be as great as an upgrade over Goodman.
              Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
                Trufant is easily better than Goodman, he's better in coverage and a much better tackler. I want to sign him assuming that his back checks out, and if it does it shouldn't even be a question that he should be signed. He'd be one of the best cover corners we've had across from Champ in a good while, and he'd be the first corner across from Champ in a while who is as good of a tackler as he is.
                I disagree. Easily better. No. Arguably. Sure. However he is coming off of back issues isn't he ? That is not something which is gone forever. It may stick around. It may also not. All I know is back issues are not the same as other injuries. They can linger and become a problem moving forward. Especially at an older players age.

I don't think he is better in coverage at all. Goodman is pretty solid in coverage. However yes Trufant against the run would be better. Wouldn't be very hard though. I just think it is a pointless signing to upgrade Goodman. I think we go an early round rookie to possibly start or develop to take over in 2013 from Goodman. I just do not like the old corner route again.

McClain would cost probably 5-7M a year, and he's not leaving Baltimore to become a swing back up for the Denver Broncos, and that would be a waste regardless. If McClain signs, he needs to be starting, and even so I don't think an upgrade there would be as great as an upgrade over Goodman.
                If a team gives up 5-7 million per year for a two down football player in a 3-4 then that team is very very silly. I doubt he gets that much but if he does. I will laugh at which ever team gives that sort of over priced ridiculous compensation.

Mclain is not even that much of an upgrade over Mays anyway. Similar players. Will probably end up getting similar contracts. With Mays signed now it eliminates Mclain from the mix. I think that is solid anyway. Mclain is no sure fire starter and will be more than likely competing if he goes to a 4-3 team. In a 3-4 though he would get picked up as a starter.

Comment

Originally posted by jonathanrivers View Post
                  He started at WILL last season. Trade DJ for a 3rd or 4th?
                  I don´t think anyone would be willing to ship a 3rd or 4th for a linebacker that is suspended for 1st part of the season:paper:

Comment

Working...
                  X