X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Elway Tweets After Visit with PM

Thought I would share.

http://twitter.com/#!/johnelway

We enjoyed visiting with Peyton today in N.C. He threw the ball great and looked very comfortable out there.
    Watching him throw today was the next step in this important process for our team and Peyton. It was a productive visit and went well.
    sigpic

Make it happen Elway!

Thx,
    Joe
    To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

sigpic

Comment

Quote:
      Watching him throw today was the next step in this important process for our team and Peyton. It was a productive visit and went well.

Well that looks to me like his injury and mobility has been a concern
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Not to read into things to much but I don't think he would 'toss' that out there willy nilly they have to be getting near to an announcement one way or another.. right?...

Comment

Then something like this gets tweeted out.
          Elway, Fox, Manning and Co are leaving now. Manning did not throw a pass today. Odd development
          https://twitter.com/#!/chroniclespor...45528328458241

Comment

Originally posted by Jones36 View Post
            Then something like this gets tweeted out.

https://twitter.com/#!/chroniclespor...45528328458241
            that is several hours old and clearly wasnt true.

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
              Not to read into things to much but I don't think he would 'toss' that out there willy nilly they have to be getting near to an announcement one way or another.. right?...
              I wondered the same thing.. This part intrigues me...

the next step in this important process for our team and Peyton
              PM me if interested in joining a Madden '12 for Xbox 360. Or visit us at xbgl720.com

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248
                Here we go again......
                Never gets old, as far as I'm concerned. This whole situation just feels wrong.
                The clever man delivers reasonable, rational, and sometimes irrefutable arguments. The wise man understands the futility of reasonable, rational, and irrefutable arguments. I'm neither wise, nor, I suspect, very clever.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck_N_Broncs View Post
                  I wondered the same thing.. This part intrigues me...
                  Setting things up for a graceful exit if they don't get him. If they get outbid, it won't be because they didn't have the cap room. He needs to lay a foundation for the idea that the Broncos can only prudently go so high.

I don't think there's much to it -- I think if they don't get Peyton it will be because Peyton didn't want the Broncos.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck_N_Broncs
                    But im tired of coming back and winning games.

uuum yeah thats sure is boring, losing football... :paper:

Comment

Originally posted by XIV View Post
                      uuum yeah thats sure is boring, losing football... :paper:
                      LOL! Meaning im tired of not having dominating performances
                      PM me if interested in joining a Madden '12 for Xbox 360. Or visit us at xbgl720.com

Comment

Originally posted by Buck_N_Broncs
                        Honestly man, i know how you feel. I was on the Tebow train last season. MY faith of christianity tied a special bond to him. As a Broncos fan i took a lot of crap last year from people, as im sure others did. Im tired of fighting for the cause. If we're going to trade him, i wish we would, and just let him go for a starting job elsewhere. I cant blame Elway for it, like i cant blame Tim. They both came into this season in a difficult situation. Elway doesnt really believe in Tebow, and didnt draft him. Tebow plays his style of ball and tried his hardest.

As a Broncos and Tebow fan im a bit disappointed. But on the same token im eexcited at the thought of Manning. Because if we land Manning we will likely land some good FAs to come along with him. We can build this team the way Elway has envisioned. Right or wrong, thats how we're moving. I think Tebow style ball is fun. But im tired of coming back and winning games. I want a solid "consistant" team. Im also tired of the Tebow drama, "he sucks" and "no he doesnt." I just wanna get consistancy in here. Sign Manning, (hopefully sign Mike WallacE) draft our future guy in next seasons draft (tons of good QB talent) and hope for the best.
                        Seriously, tell me who is left.

This whole process screwed us over whether we get Manning or not.

And quite frankly, I think he will sign with the Titans and we will get the worst of both worlds.
                        Denver Broncos GM
                        Originally posted by Mosk
                        Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

I truly hope the Broncos get Manning, but why is Manning saying he is going to practice for the Titans? Is it his ego, mkt value, or does he really not know where he is going? After the workout they should have went to an office locked the door and did a contract if he is really serious about wanting to come to the Broncos.

Comment

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
                            Seriously, tell me who is left.

This whole process screwed us over whether we get Manning or not.

And quite frankly, I think he will sign with the Titans and we will get the worst of both worlds.
                            I dont disagree with you when you say it will screw us over either way. It prolly already has.

But to answer your question. Dallas Clark, Mike Wallace, Burress, Andre Caldwell, Cotchery, Lloyd, Manningham, and Jerome Simpson. Not saying its the most impressive list in the world but the fact we really only have 2 good wideouts, some might be more inclined coming with Manning at the helm. Dony forget about next year too.
                            Last edited by Buck_N_Broncs; 03-16-2012, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Who cares what Elway likes? What matters is Manning liking what the Broncos have to offer him. Money, personnel, coaches, and so on. Denver has the pieces but is it enough for PM to be convinced?
                              Wanna play a game?? Check it out at milehighhitman7.webs.com

Comment

Working...
                              X