Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elway likes what he sees from Manning

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...s-from-manning

Denver football leader John Elway confirmed that Peyton Manning did, indeed, throw for the Broncos in Durham, N.C., on Friday in the form of a couple of tweets.

This is what Elway tweeted: We enjoyed visiting with Peyton today in N.C. He threw the ball great and looked very comfortable out there.

And: Watching him throw today was the next step in this important process for our team and Peyton. It was a productive visit and went well.
    If Titans were the sure thing some are making it out to be, why would he be doing a workout for us?

We're still in this thing.
    sigpic

if yuor Patyon and you want to win a superbowl sorry to say the best team to go to is the 49r's.... I would.

Comment

Originally posted by tpoz34 View Post
      if yuor Patyon and you want to win a superbowl sorry to say the best team to go to is the 49r's.... I would.
      Unless they know this and try to low ball him.

He's not going to play for nothing just to win a Super Bowl.

Yes, he's made lots of money in his day, but that doesn't mean the 9ers can just swoop in and nab him up for nothing.

Also take into consideration that it's been said that Archie doesn't want his sons in the same conference, and the fact that he has Rodgers and Brees to compete with in order to make a Super Bowl.

The road through San Fran isn't a cake walk.

Bottom line is that he wouldn't be giving the Broncos a full workout if the decision was that easy for him.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
        http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...s-from-manning

If Titans were the sure thing some are making it out to be, why would he be doing a workout for us?

We're still in this thing.
        Let's think of it this way, if he was garbage wouldn't he be walking away and say "no thanks"? It sounds like how the rest of the team about this time. Of course he likes what he sees otherwise he wouldn't see a contract sort of like the FA's of are team.

Comment

Originally posted by Houdini View Post
          Let's think of it this way, if he was garbage wouldn't he be walking away and say "no thanks"? It sounds like how the rest of the team about this time. Of course he likes what he sees otherwise he wouldn't see a contract sort of like the FA's of are team.
          The point isn't that Elway likes what he sees. The point is that Elway saw Peyton Manning throw, and do a work out at all. It means The Broncos are still an important choice to Manning, and his mind isn't made up as some have portrayed it to be.

If people think he's just trying to drive up the contract figures, I don't know that you could drive it up any higher than what the Titans are talking about.

We are still high on Manning's list of selections, and we aren't out of it by any means.
          sigpic

Comment

I heard on ESPN (MORT I believe) that Manning actually called the Broncos wanting them to come for the work out. So that is good news Even though he met with the 49ers on thur.

Also Kurt warner tweeted asking PM to stay in the AFC cause its was best for the NFL.

its a tight race I think the 49ers are more competion than TEN at this point. I hope he picks Den and the sooner the better. And I hope we keep Tebow for insurance.
            This is me in 1979 in Denver, found this the other day. BRONCO 4 LIFE!!!

sigpic

Comment

If you are not 4 years old then try Hooked on phonics.............in san francisco!

Originally posted by tpoz34 View Post

Comment

I definitely was not feeling good about the Manning Madness yesterday. Feeling a little bit better about it today, SF is somewhat of a surprise, but I think we still stand a good chance here. Let's hope!

Comment

Working...
                X