No announcement yet.

PFT: Elways quest to Replace Tebow May not end with Manning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if our atrocious, terrible, erratic, QB leads us to another playoff appearance, this time AFC Championship Game, and a significantly improved offense with say.... 45% 3rd down conversions and 57% completions?

You think the "Duke" will still want to unload #15?

Comment

• Originally posted by catsigater View Post
      I'm more of a Tebow fan than Broncos fan, but I'm not going to follow Tebow to another board. And I don't hold it against Elway if he thinks Tebow just isn't "the guy."

My issue is the mixed signals he sends. I'm not talking about pursuing Manning. I get that. But if they really don't think he's got a decent chance of becoming "the guy," then they need to cut him loose, for the team's sake, if not for Tebow's.

I personally hope he does become the Broncos next great QB, but I haven't seen anything that says someone who doesn't believe he can doesn't have evidence for thinking that way.
      Care to share what "mixed signals" you think were sent? Because IMO, there weren't any.

~When Elway was asked did he think he was any closer to finding his QB of the future? Elway said no. Which was the truth. But the Tebow fans hated that response.

~Elway said QBs are judged on 3rd downs and that Tebow needs to get better on 3rd downs. Tebow fans disliked that statement.

~Elway said that he HOPES that Tebow can become the QB for the next 10 yrs. Elway never said that Tebow is the QB of the future. But the Tebow Fans took that statement all out context and ran with it. Now they're calling Elway a liar.

~Elway has been very impressed with Tebow the person and his intangibles, but he's always been vocal about the areas Tebow needs to improve in.

~Elway said that Tebow has earned the right to be the starter going into Training Camp. Tebow fans didn't want to hear this. They thought he deserved/earned the right to be the starter for the whole season.

~Fox said that if Tebow had to run a normal offense, he'd be screwed. Fox later on had to do some damage control because of the Tebow fans.

Now what I find funny is, when they were being truthful and making these statements, Tebowmania was hoping that they would atleast lie about there feelings and support him publicly. Now they are bashing him for lying, which I really don't know what Elway has lied about.

If you ask me, I think Tebow fans were reaching for anything positive and tried to equate it to Tebow is the future. When FoxWay has never said anything to make anybody believe that Tebow is the future. Tebow fans should blame themselves for the false sense of commitment/security to Tebow vs blaming Elway.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JayJack View Post
        Care to share what "mixed signals" you think were sent? Because IMO, there weren't any.

~When Elway was asked did he think he was any closer to finding his QB of the future? Elway said no. Which was the truth. But the Tebow fans hated that response.

~Elway said QBs are judged on 3rd downs and that Tebow needs to get better on 3rd downs. Tebow fans disliked that statement.

~Elway said that he HOPES that Tebow can become the QB for the next 10 yrs. Elway never said that Tebow is the QB of the future. But the Tebow Fans took that statement all out context and ran with it. Now they're calling Elway a liar.

~Elway has been very impressed with Tebow the person and his intangibles, but he's always been vocal about the areas Tebow needs to improve in.

~Elway said that Tebow has earned the right to be the starter going into Training Camp. Tebow fans didn't want to hear this. They thought he deserved/earned the right to be the starter for the whole season.

~Fox said that if Tebow had to run a normal offense, he'd be screwed. Fox later on had to do some damage control because of the Tebow fans.

Now what I find funny is, when they were being truthful and making these statements, Tebowmania was hoping that they would atleast lie about there feelings and support him publicly. Now they are bashing him for lying, which I really don't know what Elway has lied about.

If you ask me, I think Tebow fans were reaching for anything positive and tried to equate it to Tebow is the future. When FoxWay has never said anything to make anybody believe that Tebow is the future. Tebow fans should blame themselves for the false sense of commitment/security to Tebow vs blaming Elway.
        The fact that he is trying to replace Tebow before Training camp with a new starter. If you don't mean somegthing, don't say it.
        Denver Broncos GM
        Originally posted by Mosk
        Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

• How often does a future HOF QB become available? Had to take a shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
            The fact that he is trying to replace Tebow before Training camp with a new starter. If you don't mean somegthing, don't say it.
            And that's probably the only thing that Tebow fans have against Elway, as far as telling a lie is concern. Other than that, he's been truthful, but Tebowmania couldn't accept the truth.
            sigpic

Comment

And that's probably the only thing that Tebow fans have against Elway, as far as telling a lie is concern. Other than that, he's been truthful, but Tebowmania couldn't accept the truth.
              And I'm ok with that because Elway was right.

But it's one thing to say a guy needs to improve, it's another to say he will be the starter going into a certain point. I feel it's a line you don't cross. It's not like he didn't know Manning was going to be released either, he knew all along that that was a possible scenario. If you know that their is a scenario where Tebow isn't the starter going into training camp... Then don't say that he will be.
              Denver Broncos GM
              Originally posted by Mosk
              Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                He doesn't believe in him no sense in putting on some dog and pony show. Whether you want to admit it Tebow, right now, is at best a borderline NFL QB, yes he can run but until he can pass the ball consistently he's nothing more than a fullback. Yes he went 8-5 as a starter last year and threw some terrific passes in the Pittsburgh game but what exactly has he shown you in the NFL that leads you to believe he's the next big thing?
                He should have been supportive during the season when Tebow was out there leading the Broncos to the playoffs.

IF, after that, he decided that he didn't want to go forth with Tebow, then he shouldn't have put on that dog and pony show where he explained how downfield passing will yield lower percentages AND that Tebow would be the starter going into training camp. He should have just said that he appreciated what Tebow did for the team, BUT, he felt that they needed to go in a different direction.

As for your last comment, has nothing to do with how you feel, it was more of a point that if Tebow is going to believe he's above all of this then he might want to think about making the charity work that he does his fulltime job.

Or, if he ends up leaving, he can hopefully land with a team who's FO actually knows how to handle things better.

Comment

• Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
                  And I'm ok with that because Elway was right.

But it's one thing to say a guy needs to improve, it's another to say he will be the starter going into a certain point. I feel it's a line you don't cross. It's not like he didn't know Manning was going to be released either, he knew all along that that was a possible scenario. If you know that their is a scenario where Tebow isn't the starter going into training camp... Then don't say that he will be.
                  I understand that. But if Elway wouldn't have said anything about Tebow, then whay? All hell would've broke loose. I think it's silly for Tebow fans to hold on to that one lie. Lies are being told all the time, but they don't get magnified like the one towards Tebow.

I can see it now. John, now that the season is over, what is you're stance on Tebow's future. Elway replies: "We are still in the evaluation process." Tebow Fans replies: "EVALUATION PROCESS?!?!?!? What more does Elway need to see from Tebow??? He took us from a 1-4 team to a playoff team and we beat THE #1 DEFENSE IN THE LEAGUE. Elway is just jealous. He's mad because he's not Mr. Denver anymore. Elway is going to mess up his legacy if Tebow isn't the start next YEAR." And it would've went on and on and on.

Your right, Elway probably did now that they would make a run for 18 if he was released. But he had to give the "politically correct" answer because if not, there would've been a riot in Denver. Now me as a person who doesn't like Tebow the QB, saw this a mile away. Tebowmania either honestly didn't see this coming OR they saw it coming and didn't want to accept it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Your right, Elway probably did now that they would make a run for 18 if he was released. But he had to give the "politically correct" answer because if not, there would've been a riot in Denver. Now me as a person who doesn't like Tebow the QB, saw this a mile away. Tebowmania either honestly didn't see this coming OR they saw it coming and didn't want to accept it.

Weren't you here on the boards when all/most of the Tebow critics pointed to John's press conference and said "there, see, he's supporting Tebow by naming him the starter ?"

I mean, if you want, I'll dig up the thread and you can see where I and others railed against Elway for such a lame and qualified "endorsement" and the Tebow critics kept on saying that we were wrong, that he was supporting Tebow.

Comment

Weren't you here on the boards when all/most of the Tebow critics pointed to John's press conference and said "there, see, he's supporting Tebow by naming him the starter ?"

I mean, if you want, I'll dig up the thread and you can see where I and others railed against Elway for such a lame and qualified "endorsement" and the Tebow critics kept on saying that we were wrong, that he was supporting Tebow.

Comment

• Sorry bout the double post. Forum glitched on me and I can't delete it.

Comment

• Originally posted by demosthenes9 View Post

Elway has never supported Tebow as QB and never will because Tebow will never be the QB that Elway wants. Most folks can read between the lines and were aware that he was just trying to appease the media/fans. Heck he has done everything but come out and say he doesn't like Tebow at QB. After watching Tebow play the position last season, I don't blame Elway. Tebow is a gamer, I'll give him that, but he will never be a Peyton Manning and that is exactly what Elway wants in his QB.
                          ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by demosthenes9 View Post

Some took the comment hard, some took it and said that Tebow will improve and that he'll be the starter game 1. Some said that Tebow doesn't need any competition, others said that if Tebow is gonna be judged off of practice, he's screwed. There were many of comments made. Some took Elways comments for what it is, some took it out of context.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X