• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Packers, C Saturday agree to deal

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...-agree-to-deal

Bummer....

Comment

not great news... but now we get more money to throw at young players who will be here longer than a year... not very disappointed by this
      sigpic
      ^^ Thnx CHARGER$ for the awesome sig.

Comment

Wow, .. damn this REALLY stings ...Walton sucks bad and I can see PM hating him quickly after he messes up a lot

What the hell Jeff?

Comment

Maybe Jeff is still mad over Peyton's rant a few years ago.

Comment

Saturday....long in the tooth & wants to compete in the Super Bowl again.

Selects GB over DEN after we sign Manning.

Very interesting. I'm ok with it though. I prefer the youth movement anyway.

Comment

This sucks.....walton has no idea what call to make....but i think that Manning will handle the line calls.....
              Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
                Jeff Saturday's two-year deal in Green Bay is worth $7.75 million, including $4 million this season.

Seems rich for his last couple of years doesn't it?

Probably why we skipped him.
                Where is this season going?

Comment

I really thought we were gonna get him. Business is business.

Comment

I'm glad we didn't. The OL is very young and have tons of potential. We could be looking at the best OL in the NFL this season. I have faith that Walton and Manning will work very well, Clady will return to his All-Pro form, Beadles and Cooper will be as solid as ever and Franklin will play like a man possessed. We can always add depth, but that starting 5 is as good as any OL in the NFL. No need to break the great chemistry those guys have.
                    #swapping

Comment

Bummer. Walton is backup center at best not a starter. Would love have Jeff Saturday oh well....
                      sigpic

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Once Jeff Saturday agreed to a deal with the Green Bay Packers last week, he knew the next thing on his to-do list was to make a possibly uncomfortable phone call.

Peyton Manning, his teammate in Indianapolis for the entirety of his NFL career, pushed hard for Saturday to join him on the Denver Broncos, and Saturday knew a displeased Manning would be waiting for him on the other end of that phone call.

"Peyton is a close friend and I loved playing with him," Saturday told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "I loved the time we spent together. It was the most difficult call I've ever made. I told him before anyone else that I was going to Green Bay.

"I told him I don't think the Broncos wanted me as much as he did. They've got things going on that they're happy with and are moving forward with and I didn't think it was an exact fit. I always felt like in Green Bay I was their very first choice."

Saturday, 36, has started 188 regular-season games in 13 NFL seasons, all with the Colts, and he told the Journal Sentinel that he feels he can provide the Packers with a veteran presence on the offensive line.

"They have a great offensive line and some really good, young players," said Saturday, whose two-year deal reportedly is worth several millions of dollars less per year than the four-year, $26-million deal ex-Packers center Scott Wells signed with the St. Louis Rams. "They won 15 games last year; it's not like I have to add a lot to it. But I think I can offer leadership, and being a veteran I can help the offensive line blossom into players they want to be."
                        sigpic
                        2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
                        2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
                        BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

Vic Lombardi ‏ @VicLombardi Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
                          Jeff Saturday says he "felt more wanted by the Packers". Translation: more guaranteed money. And there's nothing wrong with that.
                          Where is this season going?

Comment

Way to try n already get in between the broncos n manning Jeff

You suck, peace...

Unfortunately Walton is even worse...

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                              I'm glad we didn't. The OL is very young and have tons of potential. We could be looking at the best OL in the NFL this season. I have faith that Walton and Manning will work very well, Clady will return to his All-Pro form, Beadles and Cooper will be as solid as ever and Franklin will play like a man possessed. We can always add depth, but that starting 5 is as good as any OL in the NFL. No need to break the great chemistry those guys have.
                              What could possibly give you that inclination? ...Walton sucks bad ...really bad, tips the snap count ..is tiny for a lineman, soft ...doesn't move the DT's off the line at all

Walton flat out sucks....almost as bad a pick as Knowshon by McGoofy

Comment

Working...
                              X