• Show
Clear All

• Dallas Clark's Visit to Broncos on the Docket

NFL Network's Charles Davis was asked on Twitter:

any word yet on where Dallas Clark will be playing yet
    Charles Davis responded:

Not yet, but Broncos visit on the docket
    https://twitter.com/#!/CFD22/status/183304760655495168

Even with Tamme and Dreesen, Clark would be a good addition who shouldn't cost much more than the vet minimum. Great teammate and mentor, knows offense, and would be another good weapon that Manning is familiar with and is great friends with. We could see 3 TE formations, with Clark and Dreesen lined up on the line and Tamme lined up in the backfield as an H-Back. What do you guys think about his possible addition?

A third TE FA ... yikes...

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
      A third TE FA ... yikes...
      If we sign him, it might mean Tamme is a camp body, EFX doesn't have faith in Thomas, or Joel Dreessen is a campy body.
      sigpic
      Adopted Broncos:
      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
        If we sign him, it might mean Tamme is a camp body, EFX doesn't have faith in Thomas, or Joel Dreessen is a campy body.
        I spose yeah... just kind of funny seeing ya know?

Comment

Originally posted by JAY6 View Post
          NFL Network's Charles Davis was asked on Twitter:

Charles Davis responded:

https://twitter.com/#!/CFD22/status/183304760655495168

Even with Tamme and Dreesen, Clark would be a good addition who shouldn't cost much more than the vet minimum. Great teammate and mentor, knows offense, and would be another good weapon that Manning is familiar with and is great friends with. We could see 3 TE formations, with Clark and Dreesen lined up on the line and Tamme lined up in the backfield as an H-Back. What do you guys think about his possible addition?
          I like it, The TE is a hard position to cover and with three guys like that on the field you put a real strain on the Lbs to cover and the Nickle guys to match up Physically and we all know Manning will find the weak spots on any Defense and exploit them over and over again (Roc Alexander - Nuff Said).
          Last edited by theshiverman; 03-26-2012, 12:22 AM.
          "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Honestly I think if we sign Dallas Clark, then I guarantee a couple of them probably rotate at H-Back. Manning's offense really doesn't call for the use of traditional FB's which is why we let Larsen go to the Pats. He uses an H-Back instead of a FB, which creates a lot of match-up problems. So we keep 4 TE's (3 during the first four games because of Virgil Green) and Clark replaces Larsen's roster spot. If Clark is healthy we'd have one of the best and deepest TE's corps in the NFL rivaling only the Pats. So IMO it would be a pretty good move to bring him in. The TE/H-Back is a huge part of Manning's offense and it'd be wise for us to stock up on that position and make it a strength for us.

Comment

I don't think so. We spent 18 million over 6 years combined on Dreesen and Tamme. I don't think we're bringing in Clark.
              sigpic
              St. Louis Rams GM

Comment

Tamme has fullback experience just something to keep in mind
                sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                  No chance in hell would that make them camp bodies.

Comment

Originally posted by Lukic View Post
                    I don't think so. We spent 18 million over 6 years combined on Dreesen and Tamme. I don't think we're bringing in Clark.
                    Wouldnt shock me, we just invested 96 million in a QB!

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                      Wouldnt shock me, we just invested 96 million in a QB!
                      We have just invested in Tamme and Dreessen. I highly doubt we get another tight end. Our situation at that position is more than solid. The quarterback position was completly different. We had a poor situation there and there was a large need at quarterback.

The situations are not comparable at all.

Comment

Well virgil green sucks not to sure about thomas. Clark dreissen and tamme make a great tandem

Comment

Virgil Green does not suck. He can do the thing that Thomas could not last year and that is block. He is good at it actually. That is a part of being a tight end also. And throughout his Neveda career he showed that can also be a solid receiving threat. He did not get a chance to display that last season when he was the 3rd receiving threat at tight end in an offense which did not throw the ball all that much and couldn't do it very efficiently or effectivly when they did.

And Julius Thomas is a guy who struggles with blocking who has now played football for just two seasons. One year at Portland State and one year in the NFL. He is still learning. He is so raw but so athletically gifted if he can continue to learn for a few years behind the guys we just signed we could have a great tight end in the making. I think in the mean time while he works on his craft and learns how to block he should be used at wide receiver. He has those skills and they could be used.

I think we will carry 4 tight ends throught the season. The two we have just signed in Dreessen and Tamme and then the two second year players in Virgil Green and Julius Thomas.

Comment

Honestly, thinking about this, I would hate it.

Dallas Clark is old and a concussion case. We just signed Tamme and Dreissan who both have amazing upside, and paying them 3 mil each. We have Thomas and Green still on the roster, who have good potential.

There is absolutely no reason to bring in Clark.
                            Just a diehard Broncos Fan trying to make it living in Charger/Raider country (SoCal)

Comment

I said bring him in to compete, let the best player play..

Comment

Working...
                              X