Could Poe fall to us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Cox and Brockers (sounds funny to say ) may be gone at #25. If the Broncos go DT, they are looking at Worthy, Still or Reyes, IMHO. What are their arm lengths, Rodd?
    Worthy: 33 in.
    Still: 33 1/4 in.
    Reyes: 33 1/4 in.

Their arm length is not a problem.

Fletcher Cox (34 in.) and Michael Brockers (35 in.) have longer arms, and it's a reason why Brockers has some upside if he can improve his technique.

Dontari Poe: 32 in.
    sigpic

Comment

If he does fall the Steelers will pick him increasing our chances of a better DT prospect. I would say CB but no way anyone worth taking falls to 25.

Comment

I wonder how Vince Wilfork would be evaluated.

I look at some of the Bronco prospects, and I wonder how they could occupy blockers.

I do not want to use the F word, but larger guys are part of the role. Great athletes? The Fridge? Wilfork? Haynesworth?

I am wondering if that is the reason we have had problems with the position through the years. Maybe good athletic DT is an oxymoron.
        Waiting to hear from adoption agency

Comment

Just say no to Poe before the 3rd.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I think our coaching staff could be the right people to maximize Poe's potential. If he has a good work ethic and doesn't have personality problems like jenkins I think we may take him at 25. I keep hearing he had very little production at memphis, perhaps he just needs a better coaching staff?
            /Users/stevennelson/Desktop/130104092350_rex-ryan-tattoo.jpg Jets!Jets!Jets!

Comment

Originally posted by AdamSchefter View Post
              Yeah because ESPN is full of highly talented analyists
              Also saw it on NFL Network, jerk.

It was multiple analysts, INCLUDING former defensive players.

And how do YOU know more than they do? I'd like to know YOUR qualifications.

You don't deserve to use that name as your own. What a joke.
              Where is this season going?

Comment

All I'm getting out of this is sumo wrestler...
                What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Sumo

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                  All I'm getting out of this is sumo wrestler...
                  Well, that's one of my favorite lineman drills especially during the offseason/preseason.

What does a Sumo Wrestler do? Lockup and push.

If Poe could do a hellacious bullrush and diminish the pocket, be might be OK especially if he commands a double on run D.

However, unless his arms are longer than the the guy pass blocking him, he won't be able to push/pull, wrong arm, rip or swim effectively.

There are some NFL Guards/Centers who were Tackles in college, but got moved inside due to shorter arms, so who knows?
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Charley Casserly of NFL N said that Brockers would be one of the safer picks in the draft. He says he could be an NFL run stopper already, and is built for the position.

Sounds like a guy we would like to have.....although he will probably be gone before 25.

But doesn't Brockers of the Broncos sound about right?

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                      then take Thompson, Reyes, Gilmore, Martin, Wilson, Still, Barron, Kirkpatrick, Perry, or Fleener.....there are a lot of good prospects to take over Poe.
                      Yes, there are, but Thompson, Reyes, or Still are not included, IMO. Any of them would be HUGE reaches, Poe at least has the upside to be an All-Pro if JDR and Fox coach him up, along with Dumervil, Aters, and others helping him out.
                      Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        Charley Casserly of NFL N said that Brockers would be one of the safer picks in the draft. He says he could be an NFL run stopper already, and is built for the position.

Sounds like a guy we would like to have.....although he will probably be gone before 25.

But doesn't Brockers of the Broncos sound about right?
                        Brockers is hands down my favorite DT in the draft. He's a physically imposing DT that also gets the job done, as he freed up the entire LSU defense to make plays while making a few himself. 6'5 320 pounds with Gorilla arms and a motor. Sign me up.

He's the type of player we need, we have talent throughout our defense, and he would make everybody look that much better.
                        Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

The Kung Fu Panda is named Po...he just needed a little training :-)
                          sigpic

Comment

I really hope somebody takes Poe early because that will push a better prospect down to us.

Comment

Poe is an odd one in the draft. People assess him lower, then project him the 2nd DT off the board.

there is not a consensus and that is scary.

The workout warrior is not a bad rap to have. It means he is not lazy.
                              Waiting to hear from adoption agency

Comment

Working...
                              X