Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ty Warren update...

http://denver.sbnation.com/denver-br...red/in/2137857

Good to hear, i'm still not expecting much from him though.

Is six months a pretty standard recovery time for that injury?

Is that the same injury J Williams had?

Not too hopeful. But he's better than nothing.

Comment

Nearly recovered? The initial timetable was 3-4 months...he should have been completely recovered by the end of the season. Something's not adding up..
      Boss

Comment

Even if he's healthy, remember that this is an older player who has not played professional football for two whole seasons now. Hard to expect a big contribution from him.

Comment

He is owed $4 million this year. If we cut him do we take the hit? I just see him being injured when he comes back again considering how poor his conditioning was when he got hurt last year

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighInNY View Post
            Even if he's healthy, remember that this is an older player who has not played professional football for two whole seasons now. Hard to expect a big contribution from him.
            Exactly. If we expect to compete for something beyond a warm fuzzy, we're going to have to draft 2 DT's and assume anything from Warren is gravy.
            Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

I never heard anything about his conditioning I heard he looked good tell injured
              The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
              While he sits by his hearth at home.
              Quickly finds when questioned by others .
              That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Really? You must have not followed the offseason much because he barely even practiced. He was cut by the pats for failing his physical and showing up out of shape. Never heard a single thing about him looking good, just a lot of wishful thinking for a player clearly past his prime because he was overpaid. He is injury plagued having a serious hip injury, then a pectoral tear, then a tricep tear. I'm completely over Ty Warren. Twice now we have been burned by signing over the hill, out of shape, injury prone patriots cast off d-linemen. Jarvis Green anyone?

Comment

Can't trust him. I hope the Broncos leave the draft with 2 DTs. But we all know how much the Broncos love DTs in the draft.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosinindy View Post
                    I never heard anything about his conditioning I heard he looked good tell injured
                    He looked horrific.

Comment

NEARLY recovered???

He's had over 8 months to get fully healed! Wow.

Screw Ty Warren, he was terrible during preseason (before his injury), and he should not be counted on in 2012 after missing two full NFL seasons.

Two defensive tackles must be drafted in the 2012 draft for us.

Kevin Vickerson will be counted on heavily.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                        Can't trust him. I hope the Broncos leave the draft with 2 DTs. But we all know how much the Broncos love DTs in the draft.
                        They will draft 2 DE or 2 LBs instead

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
                          They will draft 2 DE or 2 LBs instead
                          That's closer to what we should expect. WR, RB, LB, DE... And Ryan McBean starting at DT. Every year, the fans want a DT in the draft. Dareus in 2011, and the selection of Von Miller shocked some people. "They took the best edge rusher and will take a DT in the 2nd round". No DTs in the 2nd round. Remember the shock when McDaniels drafted Tebow, and the team needed a DT. 2009: transition from 4-3 to 3-4 defense without a DT from the draft. The last DT drafted by the Broncos: Carlton Powell, 2008, 5th round (torn his Achilles tendon). Expect the unexpected, and DTs are just for mock drafts (entertainment purposes).
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                            That's closer to what we should expect. WR, RB, LB, DE... And Ryan McBean starting at DT. Every year, the fans want a DT in the draft. Dareus in 2011, and the selection of Von Miller shocked some people. "They took the best edge rusher and will take a DT in the 2nd round". No DTs in the 2nd round. Remember the shock when McDaniels drafted Tebow, and the team needed a DT. 2009: transition from 4-3 to 3-4 defense without a DT from the draft. The last DT drafted by the Broncos: Carlton Powell, 2008, 5th round (torn his Achilles tendon). Expect the unexpected, and DTs are just for mock drafts (entertainment purposes).
                            I agree.

I'm not sold on the Broncos taking a DT this draft.I expect the unexpected.Like Hightower or a player like Coby Fleener at 25 or they may even trade the pick.With Manning,Del Rio,Fox,and Elway putting their minds together,I'm sure nothing but greatness will come out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                              http://denver.sbnation.com/denver-br...red/in/2137857

Good to hear, i'm still not expecting much from him though.
                              This update is over a month old.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X