Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

He is back. Broncos have agreed to terms with DT Justin bannan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cugel View Post
    Bannan is 33 years old and this will be his 12th season. Can you say: "Sam Adams" or "Jamal Williams"?

Remember them? Worthless, washed-up over-the-hill player desperately trying to avoid retirement comes to Denver and they sign him because they don't want to pay for actually GOOD DTs?

Same thing here. They don't sign Okoye who is 24 and might actually be of some use (too expensive), but they sign Bannan because he'll come cheap!

What could possibly go wrong with that plan?
    We were counting on Sam Adams and Jamal Williams to be full time starters. Bannan likely signed for the league minimum and will be a solid player in rotation. He is solid against the run and will likely play no more than 35% of the defensive snaps.

Comment

I thought Bannan actually did ok when he was here - the only problem was the amount we were paying him
      Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

Brandon Spano Show ‏ @BrandonSpano

For the Broncos, your self proposed budget is almost maxed after huge moves and u still come away w/ Bannan at little cost, OUTSTANDING job.

You have a healthy Vickerson and Warren, you throw Bannan into the rotation and then have a 1st round DT working in the group,that's not bad

Comment

Originally posted by soloking View Post

For the Broncos, your self proposed budget is almost maxed after huge moves and u still come away w/ Bannan at little cost, OUTSTANDING job.

You have a healthy Vickerson and Warren, you throw Bannan into the rotation and then have a 1st round DT working in the group,that's not bad
          I agree it's not bad.

Bannan, Vickerson, 2 drafted DT's, plus Warren sounds a lot better. Warren is still a question mark.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel View Post
            Bannan is 33 years old and this will be his 12th season. Can you say: "Sam Adams" or "Jamal Williams"?

Remember them? Worthless, washed-up over-the-hill player desperately trying to avoid retirement comes to Denver and they sign him because they don't want to pay for actually GOOD DTs?

Same thing here. They don't sign Okoye who is 24 and might actually be of some use (too expensive), but they sign Bannan because he'll come cheap!
            I doubt he plays THAT much, but it's not bad for depth. I hope this doesn't mean they are done with DT's or feel they can get other needs early on.

Comment

good deal...

Comment

He's getting payed veterans minimum here. I don't see why anyone should have an issue with this
                sigpic
                2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by soloking View Post

It's not bad if Vickerson/Warren are healthy, i think Vickerson has a better chance of making an impact. Warren, if he's healthy (HUGE IF), yes, good move, but is he?

Bannan isn't a bad rotational player, and if we take a DT in Rd 1, it makes better sense, and gives us a decent rotation at DT. Plus could take another one in the 2nd-4th.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                    He's getting payed veterans minimum here. I don't see why anyone should have an issue with this

Seriously, with all the big money we've spent this is a great bargain and has no effect on plans to draft a DT.
                    sigpic
                    DROY

Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #98

Comment

Bannan will do better in a 4-3 defense.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
                        How much did Bannan sign for
                        Probably not too much, vet minimum i'd guess...

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                          Wasn't Kevin Vickerson out best DT in 2010? 42 tackles, 2 sacks, 3 pass breakups with 1 interception.

Anyway, this move is an extra excuse to skip DTs in the upcoming draft. The "We just signed Justin Bannan" answer will join the "we have DTs and we like our guys" answer.
                          You on the Still bandwagon like me ? Not many of us left lol

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                            Wasn't Kevin Vickerson out best DT in 2010? 42 tackles, 2 sacks, 3 pass breakups with 1 interception.

Anyway, this move is an extra excuse to skip DTs in the upcoming draft. The "We just signed Justin Bannan" answer will join the "we have DTs and we like our guys" answer.
                            And you base this on... what, exactly? Oh, nothing? Super cool story, brah.
                            In Manning I trust.

Comment

i knew theyd sign one before the draft hopefully he contributes a little bit...i still want to draft 2 but it prolly wont happen...

Comment

Still want to draft another DT, but he's a better 4-3 DT than 3-4 DE, IMO. Good signing.
                                sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                                Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Working...
                                X