X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demaryius Thomas on Tebow

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

The last time we heard from DeMaryius Thomas, he was in the process of sending Tebowmania into the stratosphere.

Yes, it was Tim Tebow who threw that famous slant pass in overtime of the wild-card game against the Pittsburgh Steelers, but Thomas deserves the lion's share of credit. His catch, run and dehumanizing stiff arm of Ike Taylor was a study in big-play receiving.

In an interview with 790 The Zone in Atlanta on Wednesday, Thomas didn't sound too broken up to trade out Tebow for Peyton Manning.

"I ain’t going to say I was sad because the only thing they remember is that pass," said Thomas (via SportsRadioInterviews.com), taking a different perspective than teammate Von Miller. "You gotta go back and look at the rest of the games. I wasn’t getting no balls and you had to make some of these plays where some players were open and he is not making the throws. But I don’t want to talk bad about Tim, but hey I am happy we got Peyton."

So no, it's unlikely Thomas was in the front row at Tebow's Easter Sunday celebration for the ages. That said, he believes Tebow has the ability to wrest the starting job away from Mark Sanchez in New York.

"I ain’t going to talk bad about Sanchez, but he’s not one of the best quarterbacks in the game," Thomas said. "So I feel good about Tim going out there.”

Is that belief in Tebow or doubt in Sanchez? Let's call it 50/50 and move on.

Sanchez sucks. He is close to his maxed out skill set. Tebow is not close to maxing his skill set yet, but he is not as far along as sanchez is either.

I suspect tebow will win the starting job by midseason. If not, then Sanchez will probably have a career year and throw for 31+ tds.
    So far:
    FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
    1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

I'd prefer to hear that Demaryius is joining Decker and Manning to prep for the season, rather than read about his quarterback judgments. I wonder what his plans are.

Comment

Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post
        I'd prefer to hear that Demaryius is joining Decker and Manning to prep for the season, rather than read about his quarterback judgments. I wonder what his plans are.
        He would but he just got a splint off his finger, it's still healing.

Give it time, and he'll be working with them.

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
          Sanchez sucks. He is close to his maxed out skill set. Tebow is not close to maxing his skill set yet, but he is not as far along as sanchez is either.

I suspect tebow will win the starting job by midseason. If not, then Sanchez will probably have a career year and throw for 31+ tds.
          Sanchez is only 25, i wouldn't say he's maxed out his skills. I don't think he'll ever be elite, but not as bad as some say.

I've said it a few times, barring injuries or a bad start by the Jets, Tebow will NOT start this season.

Comment

Demaryius Thomas on Tebow

http://www.milehighreport.com/2012/4...e-tim-tebow-go

Demaryius Thomas Not Sad To See Tim Tebow Go
            Perhaps the biggest beneficiaries of the Broncos move to sign quarterback Peyton Manning are the team's wide receivers. We've already heard form Eric Decker, who is spending his 'off-season' working out with Manning. Demaryius Thomas also figures to benefit. One play will forever link Thomas to former quarterback Tim Tebow, and Thomas will always be asked about Tebow and his departure from the Broncos.

That very question was asked of Thomas on 790 AM The Zone in Atlanta and Thomas - as he has been in the past - was less than glowing in his recollection of the Tebow-era in Denver:

It’s a business decision. I ain’t going to say I was sad because the only thing they remember is that pass. You gotta go back and look at the rest of the games. I wasn’t getting no balls and you had to make some of these plays where some players were open and he is not making the throws, but I don’t want to talk bad about Tim, but hey I am happy we got Peyton.

Star-divide

The questions went further, specifically regarding the players' feelings about Tebow's style of play:

Everybody was talking about…you get some players and had some that said he can’t throw, but if you get open and you get one your way you gotta make the play no matter where the ball is at. Then you had some that said he is a winner. He works hard and just stay with him and you’ll be fine and that was basically it. There wasn’t much talk about him, but you know everything on ESPN was all about Tim. That bothered some players too because they would say ‘Tim Tebow Time.’ I felt like it was a team thing. If it wasn’t for the defense most of the time there wouldn’t be no supposed ‘Tim Tebow Time.’

Agree or disagree, you have to admire Thomas' honesty. Whether there was tension - Thomas says there was not - his comments prove there was something going on in the locker room and the Broncos needed to deal with it, just as they had to deal with the circus off the field.

Comment

He's still waiting for his finger to be 100%, he's had surgery on it.

To be honest I didn't know that either until about 5 minutes ago

Comment

I agree, I don't care about his finger at least be building that chemistry getting to know his new quarterback. He sounds kind of like an ass honestly.

Comment

Appropriate or not, what Thomas said is true. Both statements. Tebow was not making the throws to open receivers (example: week 17) and Tebow can compete with Mark Sanchez and take the job, especially if Sanchez starts to struggle because of the pressure.
                  sigpic

Comment

I would prefer if Demaryius Thomas kept that stuff to himself. No need to draw the ire of the Tebowmaniacs.

Once national media gets a hold of this, Demaryius Thomas is going to regret saying that

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Uhhhh he can't be out there yet.
                      2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Like mentioned above, he just had a rod removed from his pinky finger. Although it would be nice for Thomas to attend meetings, practice, etc... with Manning and Decker. Im sure he will be at the upcoming OTA.

There is no doubt that Tebow's teammates loved him as a leader and a player, but it is easy to see why receivers could be frustrated with him as a QB. Thomas was by far our most productive receiver and he has what? 30 receptions? Over a full season he would have been productive, but in the Tebow offense only one receiver was able to put up decent production.

I am excited to see what Manning can do with Thomas, Decker, and Caldwell (who I am high on). That group isn't as strong as Harrison, Wayne, and Stokely. But on a pure talent level it is one of the better groups Manning will have played with. If Thomas can improve as a route runner Manning will make him look like a top 5 receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                          I would prefer if Demaryius Thomas kept that stuff to himself. No need to draw the ire of the Tebowmaniacs.

Once national media gets a hold of this, Demaryius Thomas is going to regret saying that
                          Psh. Bring em on.

They can cry all the want. He didn't say anything wrong. He spoke the truth.
                          2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
                            Psh. Bring em on.

They can cry all the want. He didn't say anything wrong. He spoke the truth.
                            I know he spoke the truth. He just should've kept it to himself in my opinion. But he'll be getting threats from Tebowmaniacs soon, just watch

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Concerns with D Thomas

Could be just me speculating here but just read the article on the nfl website. In an interview Thomas basically said he wasn't sad to see Tebow go because everybody just remembers his pass and not the aftermath of it.

He also mentions that he wasn't getting a lot of balls his way and other guys would be open and he would be also and Tim would miss throws and not make the play. Now most of what Thomas talked about is true and I'm not here defending Tebow or anything but my concern is I hope that Thomas isn't turning out to be a future diva.

I get that Tim wasn't the best passer it just worried me on the comments he made and that's what the diva's do. They don't get a lot of balls, then it's gonig to be I'm making the plays and holdouts exc...get the picture.

Thomas seemed humble to me and still is its just the comments rubbed me wrong. Anyone actually hear the interview. It would help me a great bit if I knew the tone of his comments.
                              :go:

Comment

Working...
                              X