• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Fox ranks #8

in NFL.com's power rankings for head coaches

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/09000...P11_cp#photo=8

Does he move up this season?
    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

I think that is about right for him. I might put him ahead of Andy Reid though.

Comment

LOL John Fox is not a top 10 coach, let's be real..his style is outdated and easily deciphered..

Comment

I want to see what he is ranked next year at this time.

Comment

was he ranked number #32 before last season
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HarlemHeat View Post
            LOL John Fox is not a top 10 coach, let's be real..his style is outdated and easily deciphered..
            Ohhhh so that's how we made the divisional round of the playoffs, which happens to be "TOP 8"

Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

I guess someone just doesn't know and understand what being a good coach is all about. John Fox fits all the criteria.

I didn't want John Fox at all once we fired Josh Mcdaniels. I made a terrible illogical statement about he led a team to a 2-14 record and we should not hire him to be our head coach. I wanted him as the defensive coordinator however once his name got into deep discussion for the Broncos head coaching job I researched his situation in Carolina and came to a few conclussions. The owner was not behind him. He was not getting an extension. The team in the 2-14 season spent a very low cap number and gave him little control of drafting. He had a terrible situation in all.

Once he signed I started to really like John Fox and I think he is the perfect fit for the Broncos. Ever since he has got here. The way he addressed the fans and the media in my opinion is great.

1: John Fox allows his coaches to coach. He doesn't dominate and have all the control of any particular unit. This is the way it should be done. He oversees everything.

2: John Fox adjusts what he wants to do to fit his players and puts his team in the best situations to succeed. Another thing a coach must do. However a lot will not. Like Josh Mcdaniels. Given he was a complete failure in every way shape and form but John Fox checks this box.

3: John Fox has a great personality and he is a people person. A coach must be this. He has completely turned around the Broncos lockeroom in 1 season. Mcdaniels left it ruined. But Fox was able to come in. Build a team bond. And it was evident from the begining. The locker room seemed fresh and up beat. The players seemed excited and they seemed to have a love for the team they were playing for. It is well known Fox is one of the nicest guys in the NFL. There was an article about him at the combine and how people are just drawn to him. He has great character and is regarded as a coach players want to play for which was voted by players on the NFL.com.

I think his ability to allow the coaches to coach, put players in the best chance to succeed and also build team unity makes him atleast top 10 in the NFL. And some people will never like him due to the style of football he likes to play. Personally I have no problem with a coach wanting to play defense and also run the ball well. But it is also a massive misconception with John Fox. About his style being outdated and all of that. When he has had a quarterback he felt could get it done throwing the ball he allowed that quarterback to throw the football. Jake Delhomme had seasons where he threw the ball a lot. With Kyle Orton at the start of the year he was allowing him to throw it all over the place.

There is no reason to "LOL" at John Fox being listed as a top 10 NFL coach. He is very good and I am very glad he is the coach of my favorite football team.

Comment

Fox may not be a fantastic play calling coach but he can put together a hell of a team and get those players to give it their all
                sigpic
                Thank you Charger$

Comment

"his style"
                  he changed his offense to a read option last year, he has proven he is willing to adapt to best fit the team

He also has been to a SB, something not many of those guys on that list have done

I wonder how many thought Coughlin was great when he got fired from Jax?

I am gonna judge Fox based on what he has done with our team, but so far the results have been pretty good

Comment

How can a coach that's 0-10 be the #8 coach in the league?

Comment

Yeah SOS you wanted him fired after we made the playoffs and support Josh Mcdaniels still. I think it clear your criteria for being a good head coach is pretty terrible. And what does 0-10 mean ?

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                        Yeah SOS you wanted him fired after we made the playoffs and support Josh Mcdaniels still. I think it clear your criteria for being a good head coach is pretty terrible. And what does 0-10 mean ?
                        1. I did not want him fired. I knew that he was the reason Denver was not better last season, and I believe the Broncos could be better off with a coach that doesn't punt instead of kicking 40 yard field goals or a coach that doesn't run on 3rd and 7. But that isn't the reason for yet another regime change.

2. I do not support the Patriots offensive coordinator-- that is beyond ridiculous. There's only one team I hate more than New England, that's Oakland.

3. 0-10 in terms of seasons to Super Bowl wins.

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
                          0-10 in terms of seasons to Super Bowl wins.
                          How many coaches on that list have a Super Bowl win?

Andy Reid is something like 0-13 in terms of seasons to Super Bowl wins
                          sigpic
                          Thank you Charger$

Comment

Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post
                            How many coaches on that list have a Super Bowl win?

Andy Reid is something like 0-13 in terms of seasons to Super Bowl wins
                            So that's my question to you guys-- how can someone who has failed repeatedly be considered above average?

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
                              So that's my question to you guys-- how can someone who has failed repeatedly be considered above average?
                              A+ - Super Bowl winning coaches

C+ - Contenders/Constant play off winners

F - Coaches that constantly fail at winning anything
                              sigpic
                              Thank you Charger$

Comment

Working...
                              X