No announcement yet.

John Fox ranks #8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love to meet the man that could win a sb with delhomme. It's amazing fox got him that far. John Fox will likely not limit Peyton like he did a guy who couldn't accurately pass the ball

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
      1. I did not want him fired. I knew that he was the reason Denver was not better last season, and I believe the Broncos could be better off with a coach that doesn't punt instead of kicking 40 yard field goals or a coach that doesn't run on 3rd and 7. But that isn't the reason for yet another regime change.
      So after the final regular season game you have a sig which reads fire John Fox but you don't want him fired Okay.

And Mccoy. A Mcdaniels hold over called the plays. Fact. John Fox would install the game plan with input from other coaches. But when you are limited by Tebow them things are expected. Just like that thread you just started in "Broncos Football" about myths. John Fox is not always run run run. When he has had a quarterback he has been more than happy for his offensive coordinator to throw the football. See Kyle Orton at the start of the season. We threw the ball roughly 35 times per game IIRC. But you know. Fox wants to run run run. When you have quarterback like Tebow. I think it is more can't throw can't throw can't throw more so than wanting to run run run.

2. I do not support the Patriots offensive coordinator-- that is beyond ridiculous. There's only one team I hate more than New England, that's Oakland.
      You have constantly defended Josh Mcdaniels and his time here. With quite non sense arguments but non the less. I was just saying for someone who wanted Fox fired after year one with a playoff birth and supported the joke of a regime Mcdaniels created it is sort of hard to put any worth into what you think of coaching at any level.

3. 0-10 in terms of seasons to Super Bowl wins.
      So the 7 above him have all won superbowls ?
      Last edited by johnlimburg; 04-14-2012, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
        So after the final regular season game you have a sig which reads fire John Fox but you don't want him fired Okay.

And Mccoy. A Mcdaniels hold over called the plays. Fact. John Fox would install the game plan with input from other coaches. But when you are limited by Tebow them things are expected. Just like that thread you just started in "Broncos Football" about myths. John Fox is not always run run run. When he has had a quarterback he has been more than happy for his offensive coordinator to throw the football. See Kyle Orton at the start of the season. We threw the ball roughly 35 times per game IIRC. But you know. Fox wants to run run run. When you have quarterback like Tebow. I think it is more can't throw can't throw can't throw more so than wanting to run run run.

You have constantly defended Josh Mcdaniels and his time here. With quite non sense arguments but non the less. I was just saying for someone who wanted Fox fired after year one with a playoff birth and supported the joke of a regime Mcdaniels created it is sort of hard to put any worth into what you think of coaching at any level.

So the 7 above him have all won superbowls ?
        1. Wrong again, bud. It was "The Broncos are a better football team without John Fox." I'm not making this crap up, I don't see why I would. 3 regime changes in 3 years is just stupid.

2. Fox plays foxball and foxball is run the living you know what out of the ball until the game is over, no questions asked. He's been doing it for 10 uears. Thankfully that bs is gone.

3. You can do what you want, but saying someone's opinion isn't worth anything because they disagree with you isn't what I would recommend..

4. Thank you for completely ignoring the question only to fire back with a defensive and argumental response. That kind of stuff creates the good conversation around here.

Comment

1. Wrong again, bud. It was "The Broncos are a better football team without John Fox." I'm not making this crap up, I don't see why I would. 3 regime changes in 3 years is just stupid.
          Yeah I was never wrong the first time. And I am not wrong. You said fire him. And do you not realise how silly that is regardless of the word selection. "The Broncos are a better team without Fox" You mean like when they had the coach you love who was fired in 2010.

And you said fire him. Don't lie.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...postcount=1210

SoundsOfSuccess

Fire John Fox!

This piece of crap is trying to lose!
          http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...postcount=1278

SoundsOfSuccess

Firing Shanahan and McDaniels sure looks great right about now...
          http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...postcount=1302

SoundsOfSuccess

How has Tebow regressed over the last year...

#firejohnfox
          WHAT WAS THAT

You wanted him fired.

And by the way. In reference to that post about firing of Mcdaniels looking great but in a smart ass way obviously meaning it doesn't. Well if you think the firing of Mcdaniels wasn't a good thing. Then you can only laugh at that.

2. Fox plays foxball and foxball is run the living you know what out of the ball until the game is over, no questions asked. He's been doing it for 10 uears. Thankfully that bs is gone.
          When he has had a quarterback he was willing to let his play caller pass the football. I gave examples. Kyle Orton. He threw the ball in Carolina also.

As I like to use examples and logic to back up things I say. As I said it is also a myth about this Fox just wants to run run run. Yes he likes to run. Not disputing that. However you make out like it is all he ever does and it is all he is about. Even though I used a great example from as recent as last season. The example of Orton averaging roughly 35 passes per game which would have equalled out to 560 attempts. That would have been the 8th most in the league. Yet people can't seem to grasp that he obviously changed it up due to Tebow. But whatever. But here is another example.

In 2004 Jake Delhomme threw the football 533 times. That was the 5th highest in all of football.

3. You can do what you want, but saying someone's opinion isn't worth anything because they disagree with you isn't what I would recommend..
          I was just making it clear for everyone. You know. That before getting into a possible argument or discussion with someone over a topic make sure you have a clear understanding of how that person thinks. And with you that is you defend the crap Mcdaniels done yet wanted Fox gone after one season. So really. It is like a teacher who lets say gives a kid an A for a test. Yet the rest of the teachers in that faculty think it is worthy of a F. And then the teacher gives the kid who got a B from the rest of the faculty an F. Maybe there was a bias there. Maybe there was a complete non understanding for what they were talking about. In case you didn't pick it up you are the teacher in this example.

4. Thank you for completely ignoring the question only to fire back with a defensive and argumental response. That kind of stuff creates the good conversation around here.
          What question was that ? Was it the question ? How can a coach that's 0-10 be the #8 coach in the league?

What do you want me to say. That is maybe one of the dumbest questions that could be asked to possibly detract from the credit the article is giving John Fox. If that is your criteria for the list then as I asked you which you also ignored. How many superbowls do the 7 coaches ahead of him have ?

The answer is 4 of the coaches do. That means 3 guys are up there with also 0 superbowl wins. So what you are saying clearly made no sense. You originally said:

How can a coach that's 0-10 be the #8 coach in the league?

Well you should say the same thing for the other 3 guys directly ahead of him. So yeah. If you want to have a good discussion on something. Like I actually done with my first long post on why Fox is good and what makes a good coach then sure. Do it. Just don't post a terrible discussion question
          Last edited by johnlimburg; 04-14-2012, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Can you guys argue faster? Work is really slow today and I need to be entertained this offseason.

Comment

I think Fox can earn his spot in the top 10 by showing that "foxball" have evolved.

If Manning chucks the ball around like he can this year, and it is complimented by the run, Fox has been able to change his style, no easy task for a HC.
              sigpic

Comment

Fox played "foxball" because his qbs have been Jake Delhome, Jimmy Clauson, Kyle Orton, and Tim Tebow

and btw we when Kyle was in there our offense was not like unbalanced or anything

Fox was the one who jumped up and down when Elway gave him the thumbs up Manning was signing with us

Fox may like running the ball and playing defense, but I guarantee he likes winning more
                and with a qb like Manning he is going to do everything to take full advantage of his passing skills

Comment

You know the only seasons Fox has made the playoffs is when they ran it more than 50% of the time?

He only failed to make the playoffs once running it more than 50%. That means it works very well for his teams to run more than throw it in terms of getting to the playoffs....
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                    I think Fox can earn his spot in the top 10 by showing that "foxball" have evolved.

If Manning chucks the ball around like he can this year, and it is complimented by the run, Fox has been able to change his style, no easy task for a HC.
                    I think Fox showed it last year by going from Orton to Tebow football and the wild changes in our O between those 2 qb's and not to mention going into the playoffs with that OT PASS...

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!!!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm excited to see Foxball evolve as well. Actually, nope.. that's mainly just for Peyton Manning.

Love Foxy though

Comment

Coaches don't win football games. They can only put the players in a position to win. What happened in Fox's first year here was enigmatic at best. Whether or not Manning is successfull will determine Fox's legacy as the coach of the Denver Broncos.

The Johns have wagered heavily on Manning. I am just glad I get a little piece of that action by default.

Comment

By default I feel we will move up. We will have a much better season then last ( assuming ) and I believe coachs always get a good chunk of the credit. No matter how much Peyton was involved.

Hey he helped bring in Del Rio. Smart move in my eyes

Comment

Working...
                          X