Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos' Demaryius Thomas says he wasn't trashing Tim Tebow

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Broncos' Demaryius Thomas says he wasn't trashing Tim Tebow

    Denver Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas said Friday that he wasn't trying to disparage Tim Tebow when he implied earlier this week that he wasn't "sad" to see the quarterback shipped to the New York Jets.

    "When I had my interview, I wasn't trying to go in the interview and just put Tebow down as a quarterback," Thomas told KKFN-FM in Denver (via SportsRadioInterviews.com). "I was just answering the questions, you know? But ever since the interview, you know, it's just been -- I've been getting badmouthed left and right. Like, 'You're not a good receiver anyway,' and all this and that. So I'm just looking over that."

    Rapoport: President Tim Tebow?
    Tim Tebow's impact in the world is already greater than most public figures. That's why he should retire, Ian Rapoport writes. More ...
    On Wednesday, when he was asked if he mourned the loss of Tebow in an interview with WQXI-AM in Atlanta, Thomas gave the impression that he didn't. He said that he "wasn't getting no balls, and you had to make some of these plays where some players were open and he is not making the throws." He added that he didn't "want to talk bad about Tim, but hey, I am happy we got Peyton (Manning)."

    The receiver tried to clarify his remarks on Friday.

    Tebow, Thomas said, "gave me the chance to make plays. And I respect that and I love Tim for that. It wasn't no hard feelings or nothing against Tim. But he's a great player. If we had him, I'd love to have him. If we had him still, there wouldn't be no problem me playing with him. It's just that we've got another quarterback now, and I really don't talk about much about Tim no more, since he's not here with us."

    Tebow was traded to the Jets after the Broncos landed free-agent quarterback Peyton Manning in March. Tebow's long touchdown pass to Thomas in the wild-card round of the 2011 playoffs was typical of the late-game heroics Tebow became famous for that season.

    Thomas said Friday that he's "not even gonna talk about" Tebow anymore, adding that he's "proud for" his former teammate.

    Thomas is entering his third season with the Broncos, who made him a second-round pick in the 2010 NFL Draft. Thomas caught 32 passes for 551 yards and four touchdowns in 2011.





    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...ing-tim-tebow-

  • #2
    So DT said the same thing I said. :thumb:
    sigpic
    2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

    Comment


    • #3
      Whether you agree with the comments or not it is how he feels and I love that he said what is on his mind. Everyone rips pro athletes for using the cliches and wishes they would respond with the way they actual feel. However when they do that they get ripped anyway. Damned if you do damned if you don't.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
        Whether you agree with the comments or not it is how he feels and I love that he said what is on his mind. Everyone rips pro athletes for using the cliches and wishes they would respond with the way they actual feel. However when they do that they get ripped anyway. Damned if you do damned if you don't.
        Meh, its still a distraction anyway you look at it. Gladly its on the jets now and this should just start melting away hopefully.

        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          I didn't mean to quote ya on that. On my mobile.

          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            The last thread on the subject got closed. How long will this one last?
            Where is this season going?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by getlynched47
              And this is exactly why Demaryius Thomas should have kept it to himself

              What an idiot.

              I called it:

              http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...2&postcount=10



              http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...6&postcount=14
              Thing is, it's not just about Tebowmaniacs. As a player, you just don't do things like that.

              Look, Von Miller and Eric Decker have both been asked about Manning coming in and how they felt about Tebow leaving. Both took the "right" road and talked about Tebow's heart/effort, yada, yada, yada, and then went on to say "Oh yeah, totally stoked about Manning coming in".

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                Whether you agree with the comments or not it is how he feels and I love that he said what is on his mind. Everyone rips pro athletes for using the cliches and wishes they would respond with the way they actual feel. However when they do that they get ripped anyway. Damned if you do damned if you don't.
                He should save "how he feels" until he is retired and no longer playing. Until then, you don't throw teammates, even former ones, under the bus.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Nothing he said was trashing. Trashing is saying the man sucks and things of that nature. Thomas was giving his honest opinion on the situation. He shouldn't even have to explain himself about those comments. If he said tebow sucked im so glad to have a real QB to throw be the ball and whatever else then we have a discussion. But over what he said nope not really. and besides its his ex team mate who cares?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by demosthenes9 View Post
                    Thing is, it's not just about Tebowmaniacs. As a player, you just don't do things like that.

                    Look, Von Miller and Eric Decker have both been asked about Manning coming in and how they felt about Tebow leaving. Both took the "right" road and talked about Tebow's heart/effort, yada, yada, yada, and then went on to say "Oh yeah, totally stoked about Manning coming in".
                    Originally posted by demosthenes9 View Post
                    He should save "how he feels" until he is retired and no longer playing. Until then, you don't throw teammates, even former ones, under the bus.
                    Thomas can say whatever he wants about Tebow.

                    People praise Tebow to high heaven for being up front and honest and speaking his mind about his faith and what he believes...

                    ...but as soon as someone else is up front and honest about him, its a different story.

                    Screw Tebow. Screw the Jets. Hail Optimus Prime and GO BRONCOS!
                    Last edited by CoryWinget81; 04-14-2012, 04:59 PM.
                    sigpic

                    Hooray, beer!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      As an NFL QB throwing the ball Tebow was and is a subpar QB at best. I can see how many a players teammates can get irritated over all the hoopla over a subpar QB. Thomas said nothing wrong...but no need to worry about Tebow anymore. That's Rex Ryan's problem now, and DT should look and do just fine with a REAL QB slinging the rock!

                      Go Broncos! Go Manning! Thank the lord for a QB who actually can complete a forward pass (with consistency & accuracy)!

                      The,
                      Joe
                      To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                        Thomas can say whatever he wants about Tebow.

                        People praise Tebow to high heaven for being up front and honest and speaking his mind about his faith and what he believes...

                        ...but as soon as someone else is up front and honest about him, its a different story.

                        Screw Tebow. Screw the Jets. Hail Optimus Prime and GO BRONCOS!
                        Amen Brotha!



                        Thx,
                        Joe
                        To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Mk2_Tebow View Post
                          Denver Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas said Friday that he wasn't trying to disparage Tim Tebow when he implied earlier this week that he wasn't "sad" to see the quarterback shipped to the New York Jets.

                          "When I had my interview, I wasn't trying to go in the interview and just put Tebow down as a quarterback," Thomas told KKFN-FM in Denver (via SportsRadioInterviews.com). "I was just answering the questions, you know? But ever since the interview, you know, it's just been -- I've been getting badmouthed left and right. Like, 'You're not a good receiver anyway,' and all this and that. So I'm just looking over that."

                          Rapoport: President Tim Tebow?
                          Tim Tebow's impact in the world is already greater than most public figures. That's why he should retire, Ian Rapoport writes. More ...
                          On Wednesday, when he was asked if he mourned the loss of Tebow in an interview with WQXI-AM in Atlanta, Thomas gave the impression that he didn't. He said that he "wasn't getting no balls, and you had to make some of these plays where some players were open and he is not making the throws." He added that he didn't "want to talk bad about Tim, but hey, I am happy we got Peyton (Manning)."

                          The receiver tried to clarify his remarks on Friday.

                          Tebow, Thomas said, "gave me the chance to make plays. And I respect that and I love Tim for that. It wasn't no hard feelings or nothing against Tim. But he's a great player. If we had him, I'd love to have him. If we had him still, there wouldn't be no problem me playing with him. It's just that we've got another quarterback now, and I really don't talk about much about Tim no more, since he's not here with us."

                          Tebow was traded to the Jets after the Broncos landed free-agent quarterback Peyton Manning in March. Tebow's long touchdown pass to Thomas in the wild-card round of the 2011 playoffs was typical of the late-game heroics Tebow became famous for that season.

                          Thomas said Friday that he's "not even gonna talk about" Tebow anymore, adding that he's "proud for" his former teammate.

                          Thomas is entering his third season with the Broncos, who made him a second-round pick in the 2010 NFL Draft. Thomas caught 32 passes for 551 yards and four touchdowns in 2011.





                          http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...ing-tim-tebow-

                          We took Thomas in the First round, 20th overall if I remember correct

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                            Thomas can say whatever he wants about Tebow.

                            People praise Tebow to high heaven for being up front and honest and speaking his mind about his faith and what he believes...

                            ...but as soon as someone else is up front and honest about him, its a different story.

                            Screw Tebow. Screw the Jets. Hail Optimus Prime and GO BRONCOS!
                            exactly.................

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Whatever, Tebow was short history in a Bronco uniform. He will also have a short history in a Jets uniform. Thomas told it like it is. I like Thomas more now than I ever did for being an honest person. Manning is going to make Thomas a star in the NFL. Tebow couldn't make anyone a star but himself.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X