Mario Fannin news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mario Fannin news

*All the focus in the Broncos’ backfield has been on Peyton Manning, but another player could be getting quite a bit of attention come September. One of my sources inside the team headquarters at Dove Valley tells me to keep an eye on Mario Fannin. The 2011 undrafted free agent ran a 4.37 40-yard dash at the combine and weighs 235. He was the team’s best running back in camp last year until he suffered a season-ending ankle injury. The Broncos have high hopes for Fannin, and wouldn’t be surprised if he played a major role in 2012.
    sigpic

Not saying it won't happen, but the fact that we are considering a RB very early, does not bode well for Fannin.
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
      Not saying it won't happen, but the fact that we are considering a RB very early, does not bode well for Fannin.
      At this point, Fannin's best chance to get on the field is goal line/short yardage carries but you never know.
      sigpic

Comment

Seems legit.
        sigpic
        - ★ -
        2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Sounds like Moreno could start the season on the PUP list. Even if we draft a RB early all Fannin would have to do is beat out Lance Ball and Jeremiah Johnson. If he is healthy my guess is that he makes the team as the 4th RB.

Comment

If we draft an RB its down to ball fannin Johnson and knowshon to fight for the 3rd spot along with whoever else we bring into camp. Its gonna be an interesting camp.

Comment

I definitely think we're taking a RB and don't be shocked if it's in the 1st or 2nd. I'd rather have JJ over Ball and Fannin to be honest.

Comment

Doesn't surprise me.. I was at camp and saw how he was looking before the injury. I'm sure this is due to change though if we draft a RB early. However, Fannin could still shine in camp and preseason again and rise up to #3.

Eventually being the #2 and overtaking Mcgahee as time goes on.
                sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Do we still even know what specific kind of injury landed him on Injured Reserve?

Broken ankle? Torn tendons?

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                    I definitely think we're taking a RB and don't be shocked if it's in the 1st or 2nd. I'd rather have JJ over Ball and Fannin to be honest.
                    I'm not sure why. Fannin was having the better camp of both of those Rbs when he got injured and has the bigger upside.
                    sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                      Do we still even know what specific kind of injury landed him on Injured Reserve?

I think he had a sprain in his knee or something that wasnt serious at all but they put him on IR to keep him around all season and give him a chance to compete next camp since at the time it was gonna be knowshon and mcgahee getting all the touches.

Comment

Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
                        I'm not sure why. Fannin was having the better camp of both of those Rbs when he got injured and has the bigger upside.
                        What exactly has Fannin done aside from look good in camp? I'd rather have a guy who performed well in games over someone who looked good in camp and got hurt.

I honestly don't understand the Fannin hype around these boards.
                        Last edited by Amari24; 04-15-2012, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post

MaxBroncos says it was a torn ACL, everyone else just says it was an "ankle injury". Confusing, we might not hear for sure until training camp.

Comment

What exactly has Fannin done aside from look good in camp? I'd rather have a guy who performed well in games over someone who looked good in camp and got hurt.

he didn't get to play in a game yet. The fact that he was outperforming other guys in camp prior to having an injury is the reason many want to see him back to finally see what he can or cant do in a game. We have seen JJ and we have seen ball now we want to see fannin.

Comment

Anytime a 231 lb. RB runs a 4.3 you're going to get a lot of hype. He's a guy that just oozes potential, he just has to put it all together. Honestly he could be every bit as good as Jonathan Stewart and I bet that's exactly who he reminds Fox of.

Comment

Working...
                              X