Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
    Its legit.

Check the seattle game, any cheifs game, this past year or the year before. Check pre season. Check the Jags game, check the pats game two years ago. Chargers too.

Sorry amigo, but it is known, Knowshon is deadly in space. Very deadly. It is known.
    Ite, I like you Underrated but let's see how many agree that Knowshon is DEADLY in space

Cuz imo deadly means dude in an instant can make a couple miss and break it 50 n be at the house (Sproles, Charles, CJ2K etc) ...Knowshon? Hell nah

Comment

break it to the house...never.....not fast enough at all. But, bust out huge gains, 30-40 yards- yes, consistently (when he has not hurt his vajayjay, but we all know that)

But look at my last post- edited it.

He averaged over 10 yards per catch....thats ridiculously good. I think we should ask around how many believe he is deadly in space. I think you will find majority agree that he is.
      So far:
      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

I'm hoping that Fannin turns into the next Arian Foster. An undrafted wonder
        sigpic

Comment

The only reason....????

One of the best third down backs in the nfl
          One of the most dangerous backs when catching the ball in space

One of the HIGHEST touch per TD ratio in the NFL for RBs (think top 8)
          Best pass pro blocker on our team
          One of the Highest in the NFL in yards per touch

Yes, the only reason he is here is because he is cheap.
          pure opinion and you're in the minority on that. For the money we are paying him this year, he's solid for what he can bring. That's not to say he's a stud or anywhere near it. If he was, would have have been passed up last year by a 32 year old Runningback?

So far in his career, Moreno is a RB who can't gain yards after contact, and can't stay on the field. Does that sound like a RB deserving of the #12 pick. Absolutely not. He's great in open space and solid in pass blocking. Sorry that's not enough in the NFL. You've got to be able to get those extra yards, and that's why Mcgahee passed up KM as the starter, and KM was 2nd string.

If the Broncos draft a RB early like many are predicting & Moreno doesn't perform well in camp, he might not even be 3rd string this year. 3 years in the NFL and he's done nothing to show that he's an every down back worthy of the 12th overall pick. If there was a re-draft, he'd be lucky to get drafted in the first 3 rounds.
          sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
            pure opinion and you're in the minority on that. For the money we are paying him this year, he's solid for what he can bring. That's not to say he's a stud or anywhere near it. If he was, would have have been passed up last year by a 32 year old Runningback?

So far in his career, Moreno is a RB who can't gain yards after contact, and can't stay on the field. Does that sound like a RB deserving of the #12 pick. Absolutely not. He's great in open space and solid in pass blocking. Sorry that's not enough in the NFL. You've got to be able to get those extra yards, and that's why Mcgahee passed up KM as the starter, and KM was 2nd string.

If the Broncos draft a RB early like many are predicting & Moreno doesn't perform well in camp, he might not even be 3rd string this year. 3 years in the NFL and he's done nothing to show that he's an every down back worthy of the 12th overall pick. If there was a re-draft, he'd be lucky to get drafted in the first 3 rounds.

My friend, your post was contradictory. lol.

And his rookie year, knowshon lead all (rookies or RBs) in yards after contact. I do not remember which. I think it was all RBs.....Something like 760 IIRC.

If there was a redraft, Id say he is 4th round. But no one is saying he was not worthy of the #12 or has played like it.
            Still he is deadly in open space and one of the best 3rd down backs in the league. The broncos FO- has even come out and publicly said they believe this.
            So far:

Comment

My friend, your post was contradictory. lol.

And his rookie year, knowshon lead all (rookies or RBs) in yards after contact. I do not remember which. I think it was all RBs.....Something like 760 IIRC.

If there was a redraft, Id say he is 4th round. But no one is saying he was not worthy of the #12 or has played like it.
              Still he is deadly in open space and one of the best 3rd down backs in the league. The broncos FO- has even come out and publicly said they believe this.
              No it wasn't. You just don't understand it. I said the only reason he is here is because he's cheap. His salary is like $850k this year.. that's dirt cheap and perfect for a guy who is probably going to be a third down back. If he was scheduled to make 3-4 mil this year, he would have been cut already. Not that hard to comprehend.

BTW... how many Rbs aren't good in open space? It's 'open space' meaning OPEN.

Rbs make their money in this league by what they do when they have defenders in their face.
              Last edited by BluenOrnge4Life; 04-16-2012, 01:34 PM.
              sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

break it to the house...never.....not fast enough at all. But, bust out huge gains, 30-40 yards- yes, consistently (when he has not hurt his vajayjay, but we all know that)

But look at my last post- edited it.

He averaged over 10 yards per catch....thats ridiculously good. I think we should ask around how many believe he is deadly in space. I think you will find majority agree that he is.
                Sorry I'd disagree. He doesn't hit holes, lacks break away speed, can't stay healthy. I will agree he has good hands and blocks well and can get you some yards when in space, but he doesn't stay healthy enough to do it much and definitely not an every down back imo. I think since he is cheap we try and turn him into a 3rd down back and see if he can stay healthy this year but if he can't his hands and blocks aren't doing us any good on the sidelines. I hope to see Fannin healthy all year this year and see what he can do. I'm afraid we have already seen what KM can. I hope I'm wrong, but we already have a cheer leading squad on the side line and it seems like he does more of that than anything. I really feel bad for the guy, but sometimes it just is what it is. It wouldn't surprise me if they went a different route and tried to get more reliable depth but with him being so cheap, it makes sense to give him one more year if he shows up in camp.
                My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                  Sorry I'd disagree. He doesn't hit holes, lacks break away speed, can't stay healthy. I will agree he has good hands and blocks well and can get you some yards when in space, but he doesn't stay healthy enough to do it much and definitely not an every down back imo. I think since he is cheap we try and turn him into a 3rd down back and see if he can stay healthy this year but if he can't his hands and blocks aren't doing us any good on the sidelines. I hope to see Fannin healthy all year this year and see what he can do. I'm afraid we have already seen what KM can. I hope I'm wrong, but we already have a cheer leading squad on the side line and it seems like he does more of that than anything. I really feel bad for the guy, but sometimes it just is what it is. It wouldn't surprise me if they went a different route and tried to get more reliable depth but with him being so cheap, it makes sense to give him one more year if he shows up in camp.
                  Exactly. Agree on all points
                  sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Knowshon is deadly in open space, and pretty good as a 3rd down back as a blocker.

Was he worth the 12th overall pick, probably not, but he's still a valuable player to this football team. He only makes 850K next year, so not like he would hurt the salary cap.

If he's healthy, there is no question he should be on the team.

Comment

No it wasn't. You just don't understand it. I said the only reason he is here is because he's cheap. His salary is like $850k this year.. that's dirt cheap and perfect for a guy who is probably going to be a third down back. If he was scheduled to make 3-4 mil this year, he would have been cut already. Not that hard to comprehend.

BTW... how many Rbs aren't good in open space? It's 'open space' meaning OPEN.

Rbs make their money in this league by what they do when they have defenders in their face.

errrr- You highlighted my post which said he was one of the best 3rd down backs and deadly in open space, and replied with pure speculation, then later in your post- you said he is good in open space and catching the ball out of the backfield and could be good as a thrid down back. That is not contradicting to you at all????

But I do comprehend just fine, thanks.

Also, there is a difference between being good in open space like all rbs or players should be as you put it and averaging 10 yards per catch....That is a first down every catch. That is not what most players do. That is pretty amazing, or as I put it deadly. Esp, when you have a peyton manning known for dump offs and passes to the RB in the flats.

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post

I agree with what you said and it was my wording that made it seem like I meant run plays. I meant pass plays like screens, and check downs in the flat. As a runner we have seen knowshon can only effectively bounce things outside, if he has to go up the guy, he is not very successful. However, as a receiver (screens etc) he can rip up 20, 30, 40 yard gains and we have seen this pretty consistently from him. Everything else is pretty on par.
                      So far:

Comment

errrr- You highlighted my post which said he was one of the best 3rd down backs and deadly in open space, and replied with pure speculation, then later in your post- you said he is good in open space and catching the ball out of the backfield and could be good as a thrid down back. That is not contradicting to you at all????

But I do comprehend just fine, thanks.
                        Again, you misunderstood. I Bolded these two parts:

I said he was solid at blocking and great in open space. You took those statements much further by using 'best' and 'most dangerous'. I don't believe he is either of those.

Also, there is a difference between being good in open space like all rbs or players should be as you put it and averaging 10 yards per catch....That is a first down every catch. That is not what most players do. That is pretty amazing, or as I put it deadly. Esp, when you have a peyton manning known for dump offs and passes to the RB in the flats.
                        I'll give him credit, but a lot of those players were also solid designed screen passes that set him up for those big runs. He wasn't exactly making something out of nothing on every play. Sample size needs to be taken into consideration when considering KM'S average yards per catch.

With 76 catches, he has a 9.0 YPC
                        Arian Foster has 127 catches for a 10.3 YPC

So with 51 more catches, Arian Foster is average 1.3 YPC more than Moreno. That's MUCH more impressive and from a guy who was an undrafted Free agent to outperform a guy who was #12 overall like that, just goes to show why people are fed up with KM after 3 years.

Again, he's here because he's definitely effective for how cheap he is, but not because he's one of the elite backs in this league. Words like 'best' and 'most dangerous' are poor to describe KM IMO.
                        Last edited by BluenOrnge4Life; 04-16-2012, 02:20 PM.
                        sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Again, you misunderstood. I Bolded these two parts:

I said he was solid at blocking and great in open space. You took those statements much further by using 'best' and 'most dangerous'. I don't believe he is either of those.

I'll give him credit, but a lot of those players were also solid designed screen passes that set him up for those big runs. He wasn't exactly making something out of nothing on every play. Sample size needs to be taken into consideration when considering KM'S average yards per catch.

With 76 catches, he has a 9.0 YPC
                          Arian Foster has 127 catches for a 10.3 YPC

So with 51 more catches, Arian Foster is average 1.3 YPC more than Moreno. That's MUCH more impressive and from a guy who was an undrafted Free agent to outperform a guy who was #12 overall, just goes to show why people are fed up with KM after 3 years.

Fair enough
                          So far:

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                            Not saying it won't happen, but the fact that we are considering a RB very early, does not bode well for Fannin.
                            Nobody knows what we are targeting early, I believe that Turbin is the only RB that has come in for a visit and I doubt he will be a 1st or 2nd round pick.

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                              Nobody knows what we are targeting early, I believe that Turbin is the only RB that has come in for a visit and I doubt he will be a 1st or 2nd round pick.
                              http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=211140

It may not go down this way, but the fact it's being considered show the concern over guys on roster...
                              What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                              I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                                http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=211140

It may not go down this way, but the fact it's being considered show the concern over guys on roster...
                                I wouldn't be surprised if they went RB in the first couple of rounds. I just mean that certain players fall and change big boards. Right now the front office doesn't even know what they are going to do because of the uncertainty of the draft. They will have a general idea of what guys they want but if they truly stick to best player available they really have no idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X