Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marcus Thomas update

Mike Klis ‏ @MikeKlis

Barring a sweetened offer in next week, FA DT Marcus Thomas will wait till after draft. Can better evaluate playing-time situation that way

I think Marcus wants a longer term offer and Fox and JDR don't want to give it to him, they see him as stop gap at best. I don't blame either side. The draft should be interesting
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

It leaves us in a good position.
      If the draft doesn't fall the way we want we resign him.
      If there are good DT's available when we pick we take them and not worry about it.

Obviously no other team has offered him Bunkley money.

Hope it all works out in the end.
      formerly "thehighlander"

Comment

I will repeat, nobody in the league wants Thomas for what he thinks hes worth. That's why nobody has tried to sign him in each of the last 2 years. #BroncosDTs
        Denver Broncos GM
        Originally posted by Mosk
        Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

He thinks we are not gonna draft a DT i take it,very interesting.If that holds true ,he could get a lot more money after the draft and more years on his contract if we select LBs,RBs,and safeties.

Comment

Ya know, I've always liked Marcus. He's really mediocre but he's a solid rotational dude. Plus that dyme boogie is awesome.
            All in for Siemian!

Comment

Bad move if he wants to stay a Bronco. Odds are we draft at least one DT even if we re-sign Thomas.

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                Bad move if he wants to stay a Bronco. Odds are we draft at least one DT even if we re-sign Thomas.
                Don't count on it,we never draft DTs.I look for us to sign a FA or a UFA DT.

With the broncos trying to sign Thomas to a one year contract,it tells me we most likely are not looking to draft a DT.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
                  Don't count on it,we never draft DTs.I look for us to sign a FA or a UFA DT.

With the broncos trying to sign Thomas to a one year contract,it tells me we most likely are not looking to draft a DT.
                  they why did they bring in Reyes and Worthy for visits?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                    they why did they bring in Reyes and Worthy for visits?
                    Why did they bring in 30 QBs in for visits last year?
                    Denver Broncos GM
                    Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Marcus Thomas admits his own limitations as a DT when he chooses to wait until the draft is over to sign a contract. He will not sign with the best team that gives him the best chance to win a championship. He wants to join the weakest group of DTs to have less competition and get more playing time. I don't know why he would not get playing time with the Broncos. Justin Bannan is not good, he was the starting DT of the 31st run defense in the last 2 seasons and he also can't rush the passer. Ty Warren hasn't played a game in 2 years. Even if the Broncos draft 2 DTs (very unlikely considering their history), Thomas could still be in the rotation as one of the 3 main DTs. He had his most productive season in 2011, making 43 tackles. I wish he was more competitive, with confidence in his ability to earn a roster spot and playing time with the Broncos.
                      sigpic

Comment

He's going to have a field day when we don't draft a defensive tackle.

Bank it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahrum View Post
                          He's going to have a field day when we don't draft a defensive tackle.

Bank it.
                          Maybe he will do the false start penalty dance
                          Denver Broncos GM

Comment

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
                            Maybe he will do the false start penalty dance
                            #Dymelife, son

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDzt-pw1QJI
                              This alone makes him worth re-signing lol
                              sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Working...
                              X