Former Bronco Trevor Pryce Faces Life After Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Bronco Trevor Pryce Faces Life After Football

During my 14 years in the N.F.L., my favorite day was Monday. As long as I wasn’t preparing for surgery or being released, Mondays were special. They signified that I had made it through another week and was ready for another opponent. Even the soreness was oh, so sweet.

How I miss those days.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/22/sp...f-it.html?_r=1

Trevor is writing for the NY Times (among many other things) now that he is retired. This article gives us a very interesting glance into the life of one of the NFL's more unique characters.

Pretty amazing person, I wish the Broncos would have held on to him a little longer.

Mods feel free to move this to a more appropriate section, I wasn't really sure where to put it.

Man I thought it was about to say life in prison...woooooooh.
    sigpic

Comment

I rad that story earlier, cool insight as to how a retired player feels, even if its only been months, LOL. Well I wonder if he would take the call if Elway or Fox called.

Comment

Just read it. He just retired and feels like he can still play they all do. He jus needs get involved in good causes that's what I would do if I had a name that meant anything. But I wud take a look at hi
        If I was elway. He's an old friend and could be good rotation at UT if healthy he seems dedicated and ready to go. Bring him to camp couldn't hurt.
        sigpicGo Broncos! Heres to many more CHAMPionships!!!

Comment

Great article. He's a real solid writer... he should be writing for a blog site (Deadspin, SbB, TBL) with a kind of insider perspective. If Nate Jackson can do it, Trevor most certainly can.
          Sent from my Human Cent-iPad

Comment

Pryce is still one of my favorites of all time. Always liked the guy, wish Denver tried to bring him back. Best of luck to Pryce!
            2016 Adopt-A-Bronco: CB-Chris Harris Jr.

Comment

I met him in person a couple of times....real nice guy. Had a buddy years ago who's girlfriend/wife was his kids nanny.

Comment

Originally posted by LegionOfVonDoom View Post
                I rad that story earlier, cool insight as to how a retired player feels, even if its only been months, LOL. Well I wonder if he would take the call if Elway or Fox called.
                He retired after the 2010 season. It has been over a year.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                  Man I thought it was about to say life in prison...woooooooh.
                  lol that's the first thing i thought also. xd

Comment

that was a great article! cp to the op
                    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by watha? View Post
                      lol that's the first thing i thought also. xd
                      That's what i thought too Haha I was thinking man he seemed like such a nice guy

Comment

Trevor is the MAN.

He has a special place in my Broncos heart. He was a bright spot on some bad days when he was getting started.

It is nice to discover that the quiet guy is pretty articulate.

Never did replace him. The first sign of arrogance of the Shanny regime.

Everyone is replaceable, but some people are special. Trevor was special.
                        Waiting to hear from adoption agency

Comment

Just read it.
                          Last edited by adam2000; 04-22-2012, 08:10 PM.

Comment

I was so mad when he was cut by Denver. He was the very first Bronco jersey I bought myself, after multiple chores at the age of 8 his jersey was my prime possession.
                            sigpic

Comment

Good read, very interesting too. Good work TP
                              Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X