Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three Possibilities

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
    There will be at least one person that will be able to hack it, if they chose to.
    Josh McDaniels, Bill Belichick and Mickey Loomis

PS I collect playbooks, but they are all on paper in sleeves in binders.
    Last edited by samparnell; 04-25-2012, 03:50 PM.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      Josh McDaniels, Bill Belichick and Mickey Loomis

PS I collect playbooks, but they are all on paper in sleeves in binders.
      LOL! The Usual suspects!

Anything can and will be hacked. The Pentagon has been busted several times. It's like assasinating a highly protected figure. If you accept the eventuality of getting caught, it can be done. I think the top hackers will not be lured by playbooks as much as they would other targets.

Comment

Interesting piece. Just asked Andre Caldwell about iPad playbooks and his response:

@caldwell87: We don't have the plays on iPads not yet at least.. We old school pen and pad right now
        sigpic
        The Bronco fan pledge;
        I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
        I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
        I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
        I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
        Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

Technology is great! But as with anything in a digital age security is VERY important!

Thx,
          Joe
          To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
            I'm sure the best hackers in the world could hack it...but I doubt too many owners/coaches/GM's have access to those guys although I wouldn't put it out of the question

You have to also consider how many Playbooks were copied and sold by practice squad players, TC bodies, etc...there's never 100% safety in ANYTHING in life ...

I'd think overall this is more safe than paper with ALL things considered
            Originally posted by jarbronco View Post
            LOL! The Usual suspects!

Anything can and will be hacked. The Pentagon has been busted several times. It's like assasinating a highly protected figure. If you accept the eventuality of getting caught, it can be done. I think the top hackers will not be lured by playbooks as much as they would other targets.
            Exactly! Almost ANYTHING can be hacked, even with a multimillion dollar company behind it.

It's not only a question of owners, coaches or GM's having access to and getting someone to hack for them. Hackers might just decide that the playbooks are tempting targets and that it would be a fun challenge to go after them.

Think about celebs who have had their cell phones hacked. Was it a case of someone else hiring the hackers ? Or was it simple a case of hackers thinking that it would be fun to try and target them ?

It's cache to these types. "Street cred" or "net cred" if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by demosthenes9 View Post
              Exactly! Almost ANYTHING can be hacked, even with a multimillion dollar company behind it.

It's not only a question of owners, coaches or GM's having access to and getting someone to hack for them. Hackers might just decide that the playbooks are tempting targets and that it would be a fun challenge to go after them.

Think about celebs who have had their cell phones hacked. Was it a case of someone else hiring the hackers ? Or was it simple a case of hackers thinking that it would be fun to try and target them ?

It's cache to these types. "Street cred" or "net cred" if you will.
              The hackers would have to sell it someone for it to be harmful though ...

Comment

What a silly freaking statement. Think the multimillion dollar movie industry didn't try very hard to encrypt DVD and then Blu Ray to prevent piracy ? Guess what ? Both were cracked.
                Well, you'd know. You are the AUTHORITY on silly statements.

That being said, I was saying the person that said he wasn't a hacker couldn't hack it.

But you didn't read that, you just made a silly freaking statement.
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

The hackers would have to sell it someone for it to be harmful though ...
                  Not the case. All they would need to do is release a team's playbook on the net and it would cause plenty of trouble for the team involved.

Imagine that Denver is making a playoff run, then midweek before a big game, their playbook hits the web. Think defensive COs wouldn't take advantage of it ? Think McCoy, Fox and the offense wouldn't be worried about it ?

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                    Well, you'd know. You are the AUTHORITY on silly statements.

That being said, I was saying the person that said he wasn't a hacker couldn't hack it.

But you didn't read that, you just made a silly freaking statement.

Actually, you said a bit more than that Cory. Here, let me remind you:

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                    The comments are ridiculous on the Post, lol.

"I could have the entire playbook uploadable in an hour, and I'm not even a hacker!"

Do you REALLY think a multi-million dollar corporation hired a company to do this without having every possible thing covered?

lol

"I can hack this!"

No, no you can't.

I stand by what I said previously, it's a silly freaking statement.

Comment

Not the case. All they would need to do is release a team's playbook on the net and it would cause plenty of trouble for the team involved.

Imagine that Denver is making a playoff run, then midweek before a big game, their playbook hits the web. Think defensive COs wouldn't take advantage of it ? Think McCoy, Fox and the offense wouldn't be worried about it ?
                      Yeah, true

Good point ...think it's probably set up as an intranet though which makes it that much harder cuz being able to even find it becomes a huge problem because it's probably not even (I'd almost guarentee) it's not on the internet and that makes it hard to even locate in the first place

I didn't even think about that n it's being overlooked in this thread

Comment

I wonder if the players & coaches will be able to IM each other while looking over things? Like Manning sitting at home, has some ideas or notes he wants to share with his wr's. So on...
                        M.H.M.F.B MEMBER #36 FEAR THE FIVEHEAD!!!

Comment

Yeah, true

Good point ...think it's probably set up as an intranet though which makes it that much harder cuz being able to even find it becomes a huge problem because it's probably not even (I'd almost guarentee) it's not on the internet and that makes it hard to even locate in the first place

I didn't even think about that n it's being overlooked in this thread
                          While it may be over a "intranet" that intranet still has to traverse a public network in some shape or form for it to be able to be sent out to players who are not local to the facility. The only way for it not to traverse a public network for be for the ipad to only update while at a Broncos facility. Whether its a VPN or a private Verizon MPLS cloud then over their cellular connections there is still the potential for it to be hacked.

Comment

Working...
                          X