Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Elway "DT not as big a hole as people think"

I'm sorry I cant figure out how to post videos on this site

On the front page in John Elways conference he is asked about DT and says that the Broncos feel pretty good about what they have at defensive tackle "Ty Warren is coming back from injury, vickerson is coming back, and we have some good young guys there"

SportsNation style how far along is this statement on the BS meter?

He also stated multiple times that they are going for the best football player so I think the chances they go DT are very slim and almost non existent to double dip on DT's

You mean this?

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...8-c6164a2125ba

Comment

Originally posted by Spitfire Riggz View Post

On the front page in John Elways conference he is asked about DT and says that the Broncos feel pretty good about what they have at defensive tackle "Ty Warren is coming back from injury, vickerson is coming back, and we have some good young guys there"

He also stated multiple times that they are going for the best football player so I think the chances they go DT are very slim and almost non existent to double dip on DT's
      In fact..........now I'm really thinking it's DT, and maybe two.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        In fact..........now I'm really thinking it's DT, and maybe two.

Ditto, got the same feeling..:thumb:

GOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!!!!
        sigpic

Comment

deja vu...maybe i will be more articulate in this thread: Garland is like a Xmas present. He will be the best "rookie" we will get.

Kirkpatrick is who they are looking to with that 1st pick. Counts on many teams reaching, but I see at 3 reaching.
          Waiting to hear from adoption agency

Comment

Originally posted by johnjoda View Post
            deja vu...maybe i will be more articulate in this thread: Garland is like a Xmas present. He will be the best "rookie" we will get.

Kirkpatrick is who they are looking to with that 1st pick. Counts on many teams reaching, but I see at 3 reaching.
            Garland will be lucky to even make the team....
            sigpic

Comment

Epic smoke screen.

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
                Show off.... --->
                sigpic
                The Bronco fan pledge;
                I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
                I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
                I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
                I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
                Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                  Garland will be lucky to even make the team....
                  Why do you say that? Oh right because he is in the military so he wont be in any shape at all....oh and hes not that smart oh wait hes in the Air force...Id like to hear your thoughts as to why he wont make it. I can guarantee that he is in as good as shape as hes ever been playing football since the military requires you to be in good shape (air force a little less than the rest but still). And you have to be a pretty smart fellow to be in the air force (requires higher GPA and Entry test scores than all the rest of the military)

If your theory is because he spent 2 or 3 years away from football while in the military so there's no way he can be good Id say look at Mike Anderson, if he can accomplish that and still come in a be a starting running back a DT has a shot (not guaranteed), that's my theory.

And we have nothing but scrubs at the position anyway, I think he will make it into the rotation
                  Last edited by duhyaj; 04-24-2012, 06:52 AM.
                  GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by duhyaj View Post
                    Why do you say that? Oh right because he is in the military so he wont be in any shape at all....oh and hes not that smart oh wait hes in the Air force...Id like to hear your thoughts as to why he wont make it. I can guarantee that he is in as good as shape as hes ever been playing football since the military requires you to be in good shape (air force a little less than the rest but still). And you have to be a pretty smart fellow to be in the air force (requires higher GPA and Entry test scores than all the rest of the military)

If your theory is because he spent 2 or 3 years away from football while in the military so there's no way he can be good Id say look at Mike Anderson, if he can accomplish that and still come in a be a starting running back a DT has a shot (not guaranteed), that's my theory.

And we have nothing but scrubs at the position anyway, I think he will make it into the rotation
                    I think the fact that he spent 3 years away from the game has alot to do with it. Im sure he stayed in shape but he is most likely not in football shape. Im sure he has been able to work out but hasnt had time to really train. He was also underweight when he was drafted and he is supposedly 15-20 pounds heavier now not sure how much of that is lean mass. He is truly a disadvantaged rookie. If we do end up drafting a couple guys he may be the odd man out. I can easily see him being outplayed in camp. He really doesnt have much working in his favor.

Comment

I still think we should've been a little more patient with Carlton Powell.
                      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                        I think the fact that he spent 3 years away from the game has alot to do with it. Im sure he stayed in shape but he is most likely not in football shape. Im sure he has been able to work out but hasnt had time to really train. He was also underweight when he was drafted and he is supposedly 15-20 pounds heavier now not sure how much of that is lean mass. He is truly a disadvantaged rookie. If we do end up drafting a couple guys he may be the odd man out. I can easily see him being outplayed in camp. He really doesnt have much working in his favor.
                        I don't know really how much he is affected by time lost that is gonna be his biggest challenge in my opinion.

Coming from a former Marine I can tell you that had as much time as I wanted to keep in shape and work out, I chose to do a little working out and a lot of drinking(I still stayed in good shape just not what I could have been lol). The key to that is the gyms are really nice they are free and service men and women are encouraged to get into great shape and stay(I know not all do that). If this guy was dedicated to his cause which he seemed to be due to the fact he saved all of his leave and didn't take one vacation so he could essentially buy out his last 6 months, he was also probably very dedicated to training and getting himself as close to football shape he could.

I didn't realize he was undersized as I really do not know anything about the guy. you may be right that may be what holds him up as well. I hope he comes in, gets a fair shake and shows he was determined to be an NFL player and gives it a good go, I love to see former service men and women go on to be bigger things than just Corrections Officers (that's me lol), He will have my support for sure.
                        GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spitfire Riggz View Post

If this isn't a smoke screen expect mass chaos! Elways right it's not as big of a hole as people think but the average poster on this message board knows how to run a team better than people getting paid to do it so expect some backlash from the Armchair GM Association.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by duhyaj View Post
                            I don't know really how much he is affected by time lost that is gonna be his biggest challenge in my opinion.

Coming from a former Marine I can tell you that had as much time as I wanted to keep in shape and work out, I chose to do a little working out and a lot of drinking(I still stayed in good shape just not what I could have been lol). The key to that is the gyms are really nice they are free and service men and women are encouraged to get into great shape and stay(I know not all do that). If this guy was dedicated to his cause which he seemed to be due to the fact he saved all of his leave and didn't take one vacation so he could essentially buy out his last 6 months, he was also probably very dedicated to training and getting himself as close to football shape he could.

I didn't realize he was undersized as I really do not know anything about the guy. you may be right that may be what holds him up as well. I hope he comes in, gets a fair shake and shows he was determined to be an NFL player and gives it a good go, I love to see former service men and women go on to be bigger things than just Corrections Officers (that's me lol), He will have my support for sure.
                            There's a big difference between in shape for the military and being in football shape.

Running 7 miles doesn't really help you in a football setting. A realistic football workout would be max at bench and/or squat, sprint 20 yards and then hit something or get hit. Then maybe max out in a hang clean, and then sprint 20 yards and hit something or get hit.

The getting hit and hitting are 2 totally overlooked things. Those take a lot out of you. You can run 100 40's with 30-seconds rest, but you'd still be gassing after getting hit and hitting. When you hit or get hit, all of your muscles contract to absorb the force of the hit. It's like body blows to a boxer, but on a much bigger scale because you're hitting with more than just fists, and it's not just in your gut or head. Plus you run a lot more in football than you do in boxing.

It's not that the Marines aren't awesome or the Air Force people aren't in shape. It's just a different type of shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
                              There's a big difference between in shape for the military and being in football shape.

Running 7 miles doesn't really help you in a football setting. A realistic football workout would be max at bench and/or squat, sprint 20 yards and then hit something or get hit. Then maybe max out in a hang clean, and then sprint 20 yards and hit something or get hit.

The getting hit and hitting are 2 totally overlooked things. Those take a lot out of you. You can run 100 40's with 30-seconds rest, but you'd still be gassing after getting hit and hitting. When you hit or get hit, all of your muscles contract to absorb the force of the hit. It's like body blows to a boxer, but on a much bigger scale because you're hitting with more than just fists, and it's not just in your gut or head. Plus you run a lot more in football than you do in boxing.

It's not that the Marines aren't awesome or the Air Force people aren't in shape. It's just a different type of shape.
                              I hear ya

What Im saying is I think the kid if he is as dedicated as it seems he would have been working ion what he knows to be important for football skills as well as military shape.

Again I will say I know really nothing about the kid, so I don't know what he was like in college or anything else, But I will pull for him to make our team and do well and benefit the team simply because he served, and maybe gave up a possible career making millions, because of his dedication to his country, just like the Pat Tillman and others before them.

GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X