X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos are not drafting a DT in 1st round

http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=782...in-first-round

Broncos | Do not have to take DT in first round

Denver Broncos executive vice president of player personnel John Elway said the team does not need to take a defensive tackle in the first round of the 2012 NFL Draft because they are content with the ones they have on the roster. "We don't feel as bad about our tackles as everybody else does," Elway said. "I think that we feel OK there and [DT Ty Warren] will be back coming off an injury and [DT Kevin Vickerson] is coming back and then we have some young guys in there where we feel like we'll be OK. It's not nearly the need in our minds that people think it is."

2012-04-23 15:22:15 | Source: ESPN.com - Bill Williamson
    It seems like we are not looking to add a DT in this draft.I know a lot of mock has DT being taken.It looks like EFX are content up the middle imo.

Misleading thread title is very misleading.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
      It's not that misleading. It sounds almost certain that Denver will not draft a DT in the first now, if at all based on Elway's comments.
      sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
        RealBronco is right,its coming from Elway not me.

Comment

Only a fool would take John Elway's comments, 1 week before the NFL draft, at face value

Smokescreen? Maybe, maybe not.

The possibility of drafting a defensive tackle in the 1st round still exists, until the 1st round of the NFL draft actually passes.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

https://twitter.com/#!/BrandonSpano

If Broncos take a DT at #25, it would be the highest that they've ever taken a DT. The last one was Ted Gregory in 1988 at #26 from Syracuse
            I think they will look at the RBs and say "oh yeah".
            sigpic

Comment

For 1 there is no way you should believe anyone at this point about their draft needs.

For 2, I don't think we will go DT in round one either.

Comment

IMO there is no first round DT in the whole draft cept for Cox. I think that the talent pool is crap. In most years these would be 3rd and 4th rounders, but since the talent lvl is so low these guys are pushed up. Honestly at this point I really think that there is only like 2 or 3 realistic options that would make the team better. Kirkpatric, Hightower, or trade out of round 1 and get a second first round pick next season. I want as few picks as possible this season cause I just dont see a lot of talent here. I think this is one of the reasons that I would give up a 2nd day pick for Samual.
                Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Obviously we shouldn't take anything any coach or GM or VP says literally or at face value at this point, but I think it's looking more and more likely we'll come out of the first round with Doug Martin, or if Richardson somehow falls low enough (won't happen) they might trade up for him.

When you've got guys like Warren and Vickerson coming back from injury, that position is no longer a first round necessity.
                  sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

I believe that the energy is moving toward Kirkpatrick if a couple teams reach at QB. Who knows what the Vikings will do to disrupt things if they do not take LT.

I believe we are not as weak as it seems, but I also believe it is a need. DT's are not instant potatoes. they need some time to develop.
                    Waiting to hear from adoption agency

Comment

I do think EFX will take a back in the first.But this sounds like a smoke screen.If your happy with two DTs coming off injury in your starting rotation then we are in huge trouble. But the draft i think is going to look like this (Horrible) by the way....
                      1)Lamar Miller
                      2)Brock Osweiler
                      3)Josh Chapman

Comment

If brockers or cox is there, that's the pick. If not then a runningback corner or wr

Comment

btw...Ty Warren will dominate. He has done it before, and when healthy that is what he does.

We have not had anyone at his level.

I find that players are given an offseason to heal. if it takes a year and a half they are done.

I will seem soooooo smart when Ty goes to the Pro Bowl, but will anyone remember this...noooo
                          Waiting to hear from adoption agency

Comment

John Elway used smokescreen! It's not very effective....
                            sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                            Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Elway is smart.He has to be up front about not taking a DT in the first round.The fans are important to him,at least he has the heart to tell the truth.

No smokescreen imo

Comment

Working...
                              X