X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post
    ty warren will dominate? the hell?

Said the same thing.

Warren may be ok if he's healthy, but dominate/Pro Bowl, i'd love to see it happen but quite unlikely especially coming off back to back season ending injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post

Said the same thing.

Warren may be ok if he's healthy, but dominate/Pro Bowl, i'd love to see it happen but quite unlikely especially coming off back to back season ending injuries.
      yea at one time he was decent. But hes not going to have a career year after 2 season ending injuries, 0 football in 2 years, and at the age of 31. Sad that our apparent "average" dts havent played football in a long time. We had bad dts last year and we lost our starters!

Edit: oh yeah and warren wasnt looking good in the offseason last year before he got hurt. From what I was reading he was one of the worst looking lineman out there.

Comment

Originally posted by johnjoda View Post
        btw...Ty Warren will be dominated He has done it before, and when healthy that is what he does.

We have not had anyone at his level.

I find that players are given an offseason to heal. if it takes a year and a half they are done.

I will seem soooooo smart when Ty goes to the Pro Bowl, but will anyone remember this...noooo
        Had to fix that for you. :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post
          yea at one time he was decent. But hes not going to have a career year after 2 season ending injuries, 0 football in 2 years, and at the age of 31. Sad that our apparent "average" dts havent played football in a long time. We had bad dts last year and we lost our starters!

Edit: oh yeah and warren wasnt looking good in the offseason last year before he got hurt. From what I was reading he was one of the worst looking lineman out there.
          It's the truth. If you saw his limited action last training camp and preseaon, you'd see a lineman on his butt more often than not. Mitch Unrein outplayed him.

Comment

I know the chances of doubling up the DT position using any of the first three picks are slim and there is a chance that the Broncos are not going to draft a DT with the 1st (25)Here's my train of thought on whatever they decide to do even though it don't necessarily match my mock ...

Whatever position or prospect they decide to draft particularly these positions DL,CB,RB ... I want them to draft it to the point where during next years draft the ideal of having a need at that position is an after thought for years to come ....

This can be achieved by drafting a couple different players or by just drafting the right ones and I think the Broncos have an opportunity to do just that ...

If the Broncos have a chance to draft a couple of the top defensive tackle prospects whoever you think they mite be in picks 1-3.

I think that would phenomenal ...

They'll have a chance at drafting one of the better looking RB prospects in Martin,Miller and also someone at the DT position with the second round pick...If CB Kirkpatrick is there the same can be said about him as well CB,DT or CB,RB or DT,DL either way sew them positions up ...So they are not having to revisit them every other year with a day 1 pick or 2 pick ...

If you do have to draft a position repeatedly in multiple drafts let it be because of the rich getting richer not because of filling a perceived need ..

The Broncos have tried for years to draft someone to play opposite of Champ only to have to use Free Agency ... The same can be said about the RB position again having to use free agency and wouldn't you know it... the top 3 needs in the opinion of many in this years draft is RB,CB,DT ... Hopefully sooner then later they will finally land a person or 2 at either of them positions ..
            Last edited by LarryDean; 04-25-2012, 02:43 AM.
            :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

This is why I hope Brockers falls to #25. It sounds like he's one of the DTs we would select in the first round. After that, and assuming POE is gone (and do we really want him), there's 3 options: Still, Worthy or Reyes.

I might prefer Chapman (who played last season w/ a torn ACL) or Thompson in the 2nd round to any of those 3 prospects.

We have Peyton Manning. We have Champ. We have a window right now. I know we're also building for the future, but the key to both is adding the BEST player with our first round pick.

To me, Kirkpatrick, Hightower, Glenn, Konz, and even some combo DE/OLB options might be equal talent, or even higher on our draft boards.

Then there's the high risk - high reward guys in Jenkins & Couples. Both could be steals... players who dominate, or both could be busts and burn you. Will we gamble?

But, all signs (to me) point to Doug Martin or David Wilson.

We have a MAJOR hole at RB. Even a healthy Mcgahee only plays 50% of the snaps. Not much of a RB in passing situations. Fanny who is unproven & Moreno is entering bustland, & coming off an injury.

Sure, we could strike it rich later in the draft if we select the "one-or-two" RB in later rounds who is a legit player. Obviously, RB isn't as important (in some eyes) as it used to be, in the pass-happy modern NFL.

But Elway knows he won a title when TD arrived. FOX loves to run. Manning understands as he ages he needs to throw less and less. Doug Martin is the perfect back. A 3-down RB who can pick up blitzes and catch the ball. Rice, MJD, Mccoy type back.

Getting the RB you want in Martin, then settling for a SAFE DT who can step in and contribute right away in the 2nd round... That might be the preferred route.

Chapman & Thompson are safe picks. They'll step in day 1 and help. They wont dominate, but they will work hard, stuff the run, consume blockers, and MAYBE penetrate. The 1st round DTs have higher ceilings, but have bigger flaws.

AND, if you take a 1st round DT, say goodbye to the can't-miss RB.

Comment

It's comical to me the amount of people on this board that actually take Elway at his word this close to the draft...While we will take BPA into huge consideration. If the BPA happens to be rather close between a DT and another position, you would be retarded to think that Elway and Company would pass on the DT..

Just as Elway would be a fool letting everyone know what the Broncos are thinking this close the the draft...

If the opportunity to take a good DT in the first arises, we are taking him. Bet money on it.

Comment

Originally posted by SammyWinder View Post
                  It's comical to me the amount of people on this board that actually take Elway at his word this close to the draft...While we will take BPA into huge consideration. If the BPA happens to be rather close between a DT and another position, you would be retarded to think that Elway and Company would pass on the DT..

Just as Elway would be a fool letting everyone know what the Broncos are thinking this close the the draft...

If the opportunity to take a good DT in the first arises, we are taking him.Bet money on it.
                  We can bet it won't happen.I'm sure it won't happen! History will repeat itself again.

I will revisit this post tomorrow after the pick!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
                    We can bet it won't happen.I'm sure it won't happen! History will repeat itself again.

I will revisit this post tomorrow after the pick!
                    They may not take one, but if Brockers somehow falls to 25, you are crazy if you don't think they will not at the least consider it. I posted yesterday, i truly have no idea who they will take if they stay at 25.

I think we'll trade back, and get more picks personally, but just b/c he says that means we won't take one, you are crazy.
                    Last edited by ERoyal248; 04-25-2012, 10:10 AM.

Comment

They may not take one, but if Brockers somehow falls to 25, you are crazy if you don't think they will not at the least consider it. I posted yesterday, i truly have no idea who they will take if they stay at 25.

I think we'll trade back, and get more picks personally, but just b/c he says that means we won't take one, you are crazy.
                      I think history combined with what he says indicates we won't take one.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                        Might not, they'll consider taking one if Brockers fell, not saying they'll pick him but they would think long and hard about taking him.

Comment

Might not, they'll consider taking one if Brockers fell, not saying they'll pick him but they would think long and hard about taking him.
                          We're trading up for Fletcher Cox as we speak.
                          sigpic
                          2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                            HISTORY????

one year of drafting is not indicative of HISTORY! PERIOD because if thats the case were not drafting OL, QB, RB, DL, S, WR, or any position other than a pass rushing LB in the first round

i mean if were basing this on history
                            sigpic
                            -------

Comment

I take it at face value.If he said it,i believe it.Its obvious EFX are confortable with who we have at DT,its not a desperate need at the moment.

I know most of the fans want a DT,and its a very popular pick, but we have Marcus Thomas on the waiting list,we just signed Bannan,Vickerson and Warren are coming back as starters, and Garland is returning.So why is it a pressing need? It looks like it would be even more depth at the position,how much do we need there.

I don't think it will be DT know matter who is available when we pick at #25.I think it will be a LB,DE,RB,TE,CB or trade down.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
                                http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=782...in-first-round

It seems like we are not looking to add a DT in this draft.I know a lot of mock has DT being taken.It looks like EFX are content up the middle imo.
                                The Broncos will take the BPA based on their board.... if that is a a DT, great. If that is anyting other than punter or FG kicker, great.
                                A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Comment

Working...
                                X