X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kishzilla
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
    Most fans wanted a DT in the 1st round.It seems to be a smokescreen not selecting good playerss on the board at #25 like a Dont'a Robinson,Courtney Upshaw or Martin.
    Do tell.....

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    Hmmmm........I'm not gonna say I told you so or anything.
    Not a bad idea lol :doh:

Originally posted by yaz96 View Post
    That's really a gross avatar. Any chance it will get changed soon?
    Nah, probably not. Any chance you reduce the size of your sig by a 1/4 mile or so? lol
    Last edited by kishzilla; 04-27-2012, 04:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    I really honestly don't think we take a DT until the 3rd at the earliest personally but who knows you could be right I am after just making a guess.
    Ok well, can't get them all right I was wrong here obviously. Not sure what I think about the guy we got (bit small isn't he?) oh well I'll wait till after camp to make judgement.

Leave a comment:

• teutonic7777
    replied
    Crick in the 3rd

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    I think the point of this thread is that we won't take a DT early, when Elway said we're content at DT, but it's rumored we'll take Worthy.

I'd bet we take a DT with one of our 2nd rounders.
    I really honestly don't think we take a DT until the 3rd at the earliest personally but who knows you could be right I am after just making a guess.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoSexyDaddy
    replied
    Good stuff,Freyaka was right he called it :thumb:

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    I think the point of this thread is that we won't take a DT early, when Elway said we're content at DT, but it's rumored we'll take Worthy.

I'd bet we take a DT with one of our 2nd rounders.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Actually I'm gonna take this a step further and call this now. We won't likely take a DT in the 2nd either.

Wouldn't surprise me if one doesn't get taken in the 3rd I think the 4th is the magic number.

Leave a comment:

• yaz96
    replied
    Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
    They didn't draft one, but it wasn't for lack of want, as the original quote would indicate. Me thinks that was a bit of subterfuge on Elway's behalf.
    That's really a gross avatar. Any chance it will get changed soon?

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    History goes a lot longer than one year, Fox, Del Rio, Xanders...They didn't enter the league for the first time last year. Not to mention the orginizational history. I mean if your narrowing your history to time spent with the Broncos sure, you are correct. I am not I'm taking a little less narrow-minded view of things.

And as BSD pointed out as a team (which has been around a whole lot longer than one year) we haven't taken a DT in the first since Pryce. This year won't break that trend. We will not be taking a DT in the first this year.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoSexyDaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
    I was all for drafting Martin or Wilson in the first round if Brockers or Kirkpatrick were gone. Most only wanted a DT though. The way things went, I would have been pissed if we passed on DeCastro... but after PIT grabbed him, then I was fine with trading out.

Hightower doesn't fit our scheme, and we've already addressed MLB (drafting irving & resigning Mays). As things played out, we still can pick Worthy-Reyes-Still anyway... plus we get a 4th rounder.

Actually, we now have the luxury to splurge. We could take an Upshaw or Jenkins (top-15 talents) and still get a solid DT at #57 (Thompson, Martin, Chapman, Ta'amu).

As for RB, which I think is a need, there's always Miller. Plus, we probably have other prospects graded as high as Martin-Wilson, or perhaps we truly do believe in Fannin?
    I thought Miller was the last pick of the 1st Round.

I will be just as happy in the 2nd round today,as long as its an impact player.

Leave a comment:

• fraguela09
    replied
    Most fans wanted a DT in the 1st round.It seems to be a smokescreen not selecting good playerss on the board at #25 like a Dont'a Robinson,Courtney Upshaw or Martin.
    I was all for drafting Martin or Wilson in the first round if Brockers or Kirkpatrick were gone. Most only wanted a DT though. The way things went, I would have been pissed if we passed on DeCastro... but after PIT grabbed him, then I was fine with trading out.

Hightower doesn't fit our scheme, and we've already addressed MLB (drafting irving & resigning Mays). As things played out, we still can pick Worthy-Reyes-Still anyway... plus we get a 4th rounder.

Actually, we now have the luxury to splurge. We could take an Upshaw or Jenkins (top-15 talents) and still get a solid DT at #57 (Thompson, Martin, Chapman, Ta'amu).

As for RB, which I think is a need, there's always Miller. Plus, we probably have other prospects graded as high as Martin-Wilson, or perhaps we truly do believe in Fannin?

Leave a comment:

• BroncoSexyDaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
    They didn't draft one, but it wasn't for lack of want, as the original quote would indicate. Me thinks that was a bit of subterfuge on Elway's behalf.

Leave a comment:

• kishzilla
    replied

Leave a comment:

• kishzilla
    replied

Still,Worthy,and Reyes is still available in the 2nd round.I'm wondering will we trade up for a DT in the next round.
    http://www.timescall.com/sports/pro-...ded-nfl-drafts

....the Broncos tried to draft a defensive tackle in the first round....

Leave a comment:

• BroncoSexyDaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
    Misleading thread title is very misleading.

Still,Worthy,and Reyes is still available in the 2nd round.I'm wondering will we trade up for a DT in the next round.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X