Stokley Looking to Seize Opportunity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    I think Stokley will make the team, but I think it's foolish to say it'd be easy. He'll have to work just as hard or harder like everyone else to make the team.

Having the level of chemistry he has with Manning gives him a edge over the other wide outs, but it wont guarantee him a roster spot.
    I agree!!!
    Go Broncos!!! My Prediction: 11-5 (2015/16)

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
      I believe Thomas and Decker will be kept out of special teams. They'll be really busy on offense. I don't know if it's common to have 3 WRs that don't contribute on special teams. Stokley will probably have to be a key piece of the offense to make the final roster. Can he beat the other players and be the main slot receiver with a strong preseason? If he is the 4th or 5th WR on the bench, not playing on special teams... I think he will be released. Maybe Manning will be upset if Stokley does not make the final roster. Maybe Osweiler will be upset if Robinson does not make the final roster. The NFL is a business.
      Peyton referred to Stokley as the best slot receiver in the league when they played together before. That was mainly because Stokes knew where the seams were and could be counted upon to not only get open, but to catch the ball when it came in. He's clutch. I think DT and Decker are still learning to get that separation and be open every time they need to be.

I say Stokes makes the team and even starts as the slot guy.
      You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rogue719 View Post
        Peyton referred to Stokley as the best slot receiver in the league when they played together before. That was mainly because Stokes knew where the seams were and could be counted upon to not only get open, but to catch the ball when it came in. He's clutch. I think DT and Decker are still learning to get that separation and be open every time they need to be.

I say Stokes makes the team and even starts as the slot guy.
        That's a bold statement but we will see. I do hope he still has some left in the tank at 35 but it's going to be tough to fend off these hungry young WRs even if he was the best at one point in his career.
        sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

I will agree on something, He has an advantage over the younger guys, his knowledge, he knows were PM likes to throws, and, can read defense as well
          Go Broncos!!! My Prediction: 11-5 (2015/16)

Comment

Stokely will be #4 on the depth chart.

Comment

i know he is old and most likley slow and most likley has little in the tank but i have a hard time not wanting him on the roster after reading that.

Comment

Working...
              X