Cox, Thomas facing civil suit over alleged rape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cox, Thomas facing civil suit over alleged rape

The woman whom former Broncos cornerback Perrish Cox allegedly raped after she had passed out in his apartment will now be filing a civil suit against Cox and Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas.

Cox was acquitted of criminal charges, even though: (1) the woman was pregnant with a fetus whose DNA matched Cox’s; and (2) Cox told police he never had sex with her.

According to CourthouseNews.com, the woman will be permitted to file suit anonymously, in order to protect her identity.

Thomas testified at Cox’s criminal trial. Thomas never was charged with any crime.

The lower standard of proof in civil cases, where the plaintiff needs merely to show tip the scales of evidence in her favor, could result in a verdict against Cox, who currently plays for the 49ers, and possibly Thomas. In Cox’s criminal trial, the prosecution was required to show proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

The best example of that dynamic in the sports world comes from the O.J. Simpson case. He was acquitted in 1995 of killing his ex-wife and her friend, Ron Goldman, but Simpson later was saddled with a monstrous civil judgment, which indirectly resulted in his current incarceration.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-alleged-rape/
    sigpic

DT not charged with anything, has a good playoff run with lots of publicity and she sues him...
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Yeah not really sure why DT would be involved in this. I mean, the guy testified against Cox and it was shown that he left that night. I feel bad for him, he obviously put himself in a bad position being there but still

Comment

Why is that girl sueing DT he was not charged....?

Guess she is going after him since he got recent publicity for his strong playoff play...
        sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Something very weird about this whole thing....
          Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

She will sue him saying he knowingly left her in a dangerous place and did nothing about it. Sadly that happens
            sigpic

Comment

Omg someone should sue this lady for being an idiot.

Everyone now days just wants money for nothing. Why don't you just work for your money....

I completely understand suing Cox, he should probably be in Jail right now. But DT did nothing wrong, and She is just gold digging now because of his recent fame...
              Last edited by InElwayWeTrust; 05-05-2012, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                She will sue him saying he knowingly left her in a dangerous place and did nothing about it. Sadly that happens
                thats pretty much what he did. im not sure how this whole thing works out. she gets money in this or something? either way this whole thing is old.

but i just remembered. didnt she say she would have been ok with it if it was thomas that did it and not cox?

Comment

Can't remember that one. Probably. That whole thing is totally bizarre
                  sigpic

Comment

I said from the begining in reply to people who said she wants justice and not money that it would be so much more easy to get the money out of Cox if he was found guilty. And why is she going after DT? He did nothing wrong at all. And she said she wouldn't have even cared if he had sex with her while she was out of it. WHat a classy young lady but DT is not her father. She is a grown ass women and can look after herself. If she wants to go out and get smashed and end up in a sitution like she did then it is on her. Not that she deserved to be raped but it is not on Demaryius Thomas to sit around and baby sit her.

But good timing. Cox signs a good sized contract with the 49ers and Demaryius Thomas has becane a big name due to the playoffs. Guess all you people who said she clearly wasn't about the money and she just wants justice may change your minds now.
                    Last edited by johnlimburg; 05-05-2012, 04:16 PM.

Comment

CAN YOU SAY GOLD DIGGER......................... PATHETIC..................our wonderful society of sue first ask later. Want some money it is easy, just sue someone for something rediculous and you will probably win...

Case and point;

McDonalds coffee is hot........Sue....Burned me
                      McDonalds food is fattening........Sue, made me unhealthy
                      Cigarette smokeing is bad for you............Sue
                      My video game made me do it.............Sue

Top ten ridiculous lawsuits of 2011

Convict sues couple he kidnapped for not helping him evade police
                      Man illegally brings gun into bar, gets injured in a fight, then sues bar for not searching him for a weapon
                      Young adults sue mother for sending cards without gifts and playing favorite
                      Woman disagrees with store over 80-cent refund, sues for $5 million
                      Mom files suit against exclusive preschool over child's college prospects
                      Man suing for age discrimination says judge in his case is too old
                      Obese man sues burger joint over tight squeeze in booths
                      Woman sues over movie trailer; says not enough driving in "Drive"
                      Passenger's lawsuit says cruise ship went too fast and swayed from side to side
                      Mother sues Chuck E. Cheese – says games encourage gambling in children

They keep getting better every year.....
                      sigpic
                      Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                      2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                      2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
                        CAN YOU SAY GOLD DIGGER......................... PATHETIC..................our wonderful society of sue first ask later. Want some money it is easy, just sue someone for something rediculous and you will probably win...

Case and point;

McDonalds coffee is hot........Sue....Burned me
                        McDonalds food is fattening........Sue, made me unhealthy
                        Cigarette smokeing is bad for you............Sue
                        My video game made me do it.............Sue

Top ten ridiculous lawsuits of 2011

Convict sues couple he kidnapped for not helping him evade police
                        Man illegally brings gun into bar, gets injured in a fight, then sues bar for not searching him for a weapon
                        Young adults sue mother for sending cards without gifts and playing favorite
                        Woman disagrees with store over 80-cent refund, sues for $5 million
                        Mom files suit against exclusive preschool over child's college prospects
                        Man suing for age discrimination says judge in his case is too old
                        Obese man sues burger joint over tight squeeze in booths
                        Woman sues over movie trailer; says not enough driving in "Drive"
                        Passenger's lawsuit says cruise ship went too fast and swayed from side to side
                        Mother sues Chuck E. Cheese – says games encourage gambling in children

They keep getting better every year.....
                        actually the old lady that sued for this one didnt sue for money she sued so that they would change the tops on the coffee and they gave her money she never proposed to get any money

Comment

as the famous group BBD says never trust a Big Butt and a Smile that girl is POISON

Comment

Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
                            Omg someone should sue this lady for being an idiot.

Everyone now days just wants money for nothing. Why don't you just work for your money....

I completely understand suing Cox, he should probably be in Jail right now. But DT did nothing wrong, and She is just gold digging now because of his recent fame...
                            Completely agree with you there.
                            But this is what happens nowadays, I've heard even stupider claims.
                            Hell there is a chick who won a case vs Girls Gone Wild for I believe $7mill. He claim was that they taped her unknowingly flashing.
                            How do you not know there is a camera there and you're flashing for a reason.

There are people that intentionally hurt themselves on store sites to try in get money.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

So it's DTs fault that Cox raped her? Sure he left her there, but how did he know Cox was going to do that? Cox didn't say, "Hey, I''m going to take this girl upstairs and rape her while my gf is puking in the bathroom."

Unbelievable.
                              sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Working...
                              X