Cox, Thomas facing civil suit over alleged rape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dukes88 View Post
    Come on, this is a bad situation to be in and a bad situation to leave his "girlfriend" in... start adding this situation, his injuries and his comments about Tebow and I am starting to see a trend that I hope he can change.
    Was she DT's girlfriend at the time? I know I read that she became Wesley Woodyard's girlfriend shortly after the incident. Let's hope this "woman" doesn't sue him too.

Comment

Come on, this is a bad situation to be in and a bad situation to leave his "girlfriend" in... start adding this situation, his injuries and his comments about Tebow and I am starting to see a trend that I hope he can change.
      Lmao most humble player on the team

He didn't do jack n to compare him to Marshall is simply ridiculous

Comment

LOL! Yeah, leaving early in the morning to get to the Broncos facility for rehab while this girls best friend was also in the apartment. Cox was his friend, did DT really have any clue that he was going to do something to her? Oh by the way, Cox's girlfriend was ALSO in the apartment. Why would DT think she was in ANY immediate danger?

You're the only one seeing a trend, DT's comments on Tebow weren't bad at all.

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyezOnZach27 View Post
          Idk what you have been told but plenty of "really drunk" men can have sex and plenty of "really drunK' women can consent to having sex. What do you think happens every single night when people go out?

I'm not taking either side in this story. I just wanted to point out that there are plenty of women who consent to sex while being "really drunk" and plenty of men that can have sex while "really drunk". I dont really get what you are trying to prove.
          That's false bro. Look it up... a very intoxicated woman is not in the right frame of mind to 'consent'. The only problem is there's no way to prove that she was very intoxicated months later. Getting blood and urine samples the next morning would've gone a long way in proving this, though. She failed to do that because she wasn't aware she had been raped.
          sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
            It's not so much a reach and I doubt she was really involved in that decision. It's likely a decision being pushed by her attorneys to increase the chances of a larger settlement. DT likely just wants to be done with the case and would probably rather fork over six figures just to get his name detached from the situation, rather than drag this out any further.
            Which is why I hate plaintiff lawyers..This almost makes me want to go to school and become a lawyer to specialize in representing defendents with money, in cases clearly just made to gold-dig

Comment

I like Thomas and hope he feels he did the right thing - just a really bad situation to put himself in... I read the case and when Cox told DT that she "was ready" as she was already passed out on the bed... I think most decent people would have refused as DT did, but they also would have realized what would happen if he left her with Cox. Just saying...

Remember, the criminal case was not something she did, once reported... As she is/was carrying Cox's kid... It was the judicial system that figured the case was solid.

I assume and hope DT gets this behind him and learns from it - I would just rather see our players doing good in the community and not in the tabloids.

Comment

Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
                That's false bro. Look it up... a very intoxicated woman is not in the right frame of mind to 'consent'. The only problem is there's no way to prove that she was very intoxicated months later. Getting blood and urine samples the next morning would've gone a long way in proving this, though. She failed to do that because she wasn't aware she had been raped.
                Define very drunk...I've seen plenty of highly intoxicated women remember every detail of their drunkin night.
                sigpic

Comment

These young kids that call themselves professional athletes need to really learn from this. There are so many women out there that would really like to latch on to one of these players mainly for the money that the player could provide. They need to take precautions that the every day Joe does not so they have to be extremely careful with who they hang out with.

What happened is an absolute shame but they have got to learn not to put themselves in these positions. I know when you are in your early 20's it is difficult because you want to go out and have a good time but man what it could cost you is amazing.

There are so many different things that can happen to these guys when they are out for a good time that they really need to learn the risks.

They need to learn that if a woman seeks them out and throws herself all over the player, she probably has a different agenda than what the player has in mind. A woman worth being around WOULD NOT act like this in the first place. They need to just walk away.

I know in your 20's this is a difficult thing but man it will cost you if you make a mistake.
                  sigpic
                  Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                  2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                  2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Define very drunk...I've seen plenty of highly intoxicated women remember every detail of their drunkin night.
                    http://askpat.colostate.edu/ViewHotT...?HotTopicID=20
                    sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

It's not a question of remembering...it's a question surrounding being taken advantage of as one's inhibitions are lowered by continuing alcohol usage.
                      Never argue with an idiot...he'll only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience!

Laugh...and the whole world laughs with you!
                      Laugh like a lunatic for no apparent reason...and they'll leave you alone!

"Why are you cutting?"
                      "Hey man. Why are you 300 pounds?"
                      Howard Griffith to Levon Kirkland - 1997 AFC Championship
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
                        Many drunk women have consented and in fact many were consenting before they even got drunk. She is over 18 and suppose to be responsible for herself. She is the one who got blasted and went up to that room and got more drunk while playing with her girlfriend in these guys apartment. She is a party "cough" (girl) and that is bein nice and she was doing exactly what she wanted and set out to do that night. There have been plenty of women who got drunk and loosened up and had sexual episodes. Some even regret it the next morniing. But they put themselves in that situation, in that room and got that wasted. She is over 18 and nobody is responsible for baby sitting her, she is suppose to take care of herself as an adult and if she doesn't want sexual things to happen then don't put yourself in the situation. There are plenty of Ladies who do not. Now she is just plain gold diggin imo .

There are also plenty of women who have gotten very drunk with guys getting very drunk and they have had sex, to say they haven't or cant is absurd. I can tell you from multiple experiences it can be done and rather easily right up to the point of passing out, male and female alike. But in order to do it you have to put yourself in the position and that decision is usually made before it gets to that point or it would never get there. She made that decision, no one will convince me she went up to that room to play monopoly.
                        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                          Many drunk women have consented and in fact many were consenting before they even got drunk. She is over 18 and suppose to be responsible for herself. She is the one who got blasted and went up to that room and got more drunk while playing with her girlfriend in these guys apartment. She is a party "cough" (girl) and that is bein nice and she was doing exactly what she wanted and set out to do that night. There have been plenty of women who got drunk and loosened up and had sexual episodes. Some even regret it the next morniing. But they put themselves in that situation, in that room and got that wasted. She is over 18 and nobody is responsible for baby sitting her, she is suppose to take care of herself as an adult and if she doesn't want sexual things to happen then don't put yourself in the situation. There are plenty of Ladies who do not. Now she is just plain gold diggin imo .

There are also plenty of women who have gotten very drunk with guys getting very drunk and they have had sex, to say they haven't or cant is absurd. I can tell you from multiple experiences it can be done and rather easily right up to the point of passing out, male and female alike. But in order to do it you have to put yourself in the position and that decision is usually made before it gets to that point or it would never get there. She made that decision, no one will convince me she went up to that room to play monopoly.
                          I'm not going to argue about it. it's the law and it has already been defined for you:

http://askpat.colostate.edu/ViewHotT...?HotTopicID=20
                          sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Working...
                          X