Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With No. 79 assigned to Jeremy Beal, it doesn’t appear DT Marcus Thomas will return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With No. 79 assigned to Jeremy Beal, it doesn’t appear DT Marcus Thomas will return

It doesn’t appear likely defensive tackle Marcus Thomas will return to the Broncos. In fact, with the Broncos already re-assinging Thomas’ No. 79 to defensive end Jeremy Beal, it appears all but assured Thomas will move on.

The Broncos’ fourth-round draft choice in 2007 and five-year member of their defensive front, Thomas received a one-year offer from the team. But after playing on a one-year, $1 million contract last season and then starting in the final 13 games, including playoffs, Thomas believes he earned at least two-year extension.

At least two other teams are interested in Thomas but they want to wait until June 1, when he goes from unrestricted free agency to what is called a “street” free agent and is no longer subject to the compensatory draft pick formula.
    http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...e-agent/13372/
    sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Great, so our DT situation weakens even more. And we won't even get a comp pick.

Ty Warren had better show up in a big way.
    A book I wrote

Comment

Originally posted by CTM View Post
      Great, so our DT situation weakens even more. And we won't even get a comp pick.

Ty Warren had better show up in a big way.
      It's not weakened we already knew this... well we weren't counting on him coming back.
      sigpic
      2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
        It's not weakened we already knew this... well we weren't counting on him coming back.
        I guess, but we really should have made a stronger push to re-sign him. Right now, I guess you could pencil Wolfe in to start, but then the options go to Warren, who hasn't played a regular season down since 09 I believe, Vickerson who missed all last year, and Bannan who is near the end of effective playing days. Who knows, maybe Elway has a trade in the works like last season with Bunkley, but man right now I'm worried of a repeat of 08 when teams could run ragged on us.
        A book I wrote

Comment

I guess, but we really should have made a stronger push to re-sign him. Right now, I guess you could pencil Wolfe in to start, but then the options go to Warren, who hasn't played a regular season down since 09 I believe, Vickerson who missed all last year, and Bannan who is near the end of effective playing days. Who knows, maybe Elway has a trade in the works like last season with Bunkley, but man right now I'm worried of a repeat of 08 when teams could run ragged on us.
          I would look for starters/backups to be Wolfe/Vickerson and Bannan/Warren with Unrein has the 5th. Malik Jackson will be a rotational DE/DT
          sigpic

Comment

Very well said.
            sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
            Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Couldn't we just sign The Fridge and have him lay down at the snap???
              Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

It doesn’t appear DT Marcus Thomas will return

Posted May 9, 2012, 6:01 pm MT
                With No. 79 assigned to Jeremy Beal, it doesn’t appear DT Marcus Thomas will return
                By MIKE KLIS

It doesn’t appear likely defensive tackle Marcus Thomas will return to the Broncos. In fact, with the Broncos already re-assinging Thomas’ No. 79 to defensive end Jeremy Beal, it appears all but assured Thomas will move on.

The Broncos’ fourth-round draft choice in 2007 and five-year member of their defensive front, Thomas received a one-year offer from the team. But after playing on a one-year, $1 million contract last season and then starting in the final 13 games, including playoffs, Thomas believes he earned at least two-year extension.

At least two other teams are interested in Thomas but they want to wait until June 1, when he goes from unrestricted free agency to what is called a “street” free agent and is no longer subject to the compensatory draft pick formula.
                Where is this season going?

Comment

Originally posted by Pruke View Post
                  Couldn't we just sign The Fridge and have him lay down at the snap???
                  Held be better then the bottom of the barrell players weve had in whats starting to look like a decade of dissapointment in the middle. I thought Bunkley would be the first non Brown-co to make a differece since we drafted Pryce
                  2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Working...
                  X