Osweiler's debut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
    I don't have a problem with the pick. I do have a problem with where we made the pick. He probably would've been there in the 3rd round.
    It is very very doubtful he would have been there at our original 3rd round pick. Very doubtful. Osweiler was the concensus 5th rated quarterback. After Luck, RG3, Tannehill and Weeden it was Osweiler is the next best quarterback in the draft. However in the 3rd round there were 2 quarterbacks drafted. One before our original 3rd. If we wanted Osweiler we needed to get him where we did. It is very doubtful he would have been around later.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
      It is very very doubtful he would have been there at our original 3rd round pick. Very doubtful. Osweiler was the concensus 5th rated quarterback. After Luck, RG3, Tannehill and Weeden it was Osweiler is the next best quarterback in the draft. However in the 3rd round there were 2 quarterbacks drafted. One before our original 3rd. If we wanted Osweiler we needed to get him where we did. It is very doubtful he would have been around later.
      Right. But that's the question. I understand it if we "had to have him". But was that the case? I don't know that. The question comes in, is Osweiler that much better than say, Kirk Cousins? He has a higher ceiling. But at this point, I'm not sure that means anything. Cousins has a higher floor, and who knows about his ceiling?

Like I said, I get it. I just don't know I would've done it. I really do hope that Osweiler becomes "the guy" to take over after Peyton without missing a beat, though.

Comment

Brock has a lot of upside. He has an advantage on many players just because of his size. He would of been a top 10 pick next year, so I'm very happy with the pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Rollo View Post
          Brock has a lot of upside. He has an advantage on many players just because of his size. He would of been a top 10 pick next year, so I'm very happy with the pick.
          I've been noticing this point being made the last couple of days and I must say I really didn't think about it in that way during the draft...It makes a lot sense and the ideal of drafting him and the overall draft look that much better..

I also seen a video on here giving praise to the late round draft picks and the UDFA that the Broncos was able to bring in ... It helped put that in perspective as well ..

I still think the Broncos could've had a better draft but the point about Brock being a possible top ten and first round draft pick next year is the best advocating point I've seen in regards to how the Broncos drafted ...
          :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Working...
          X